Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:21:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FML- SHORT SALE SWISS REPLICA Rolex Day-Date Watch, my loss your gain.  (Read 1911 times)
culexevilman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:47:54 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 01:12:33 PM by culexevilman

Just ran into some very disturbing issues in my life, its comes down to selling my watch that my father gave to me in 2010, the watch was brought around 2002.

No longer around my family, I am out in the world on my own.

I only have received the watch, just the watch left as I been moved around a few times, no boxes or documents.

Its running fine, just had a tune up last year around Dec.

Selling this is a very desperate move but I have no choice left but to do so.

Help a fellow out of tough times.

Accept all reasonable offers in BTC, LTC, USD etc.

Shipping: I will ship using insured Taiwan EMS, which is safe enough for me, have send over 20k USD of electronics no issues.

GoofyUK

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:49:54 AM

Authenticity proof?
bangalore

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:51:30 AM

how much you are looking for this ?

Smiley
culexevilman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:54:17 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 12:26:08 PM by culexevilman

Authenticity proof?

None that I have gotten, it was passed down to me by my father, held by my mother before I lost contact with him, then she gave it to me before I left out to live my own, frankly I am not an expert on watches, I can provide more pics if serious buyer comes around.

how much you are looking for this ?
I tried the local pawn shop, but in Asia they really try to take advantage of people in need, so I figure to try bitcoin forums.

I will take any offers thats reasonable. Its a rainy day, I need liquidity fast, again I have no choice but to do this...

Added some recent pics to prove I own the item for sale.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:15:20 PM

Can you give me an idea of a ball park price??  Also I would have to have this in hand to know if it was real so escrow would be a must.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:18:29 PM

Maybe a good idea to share the amount the local pawn shop was willing to give you. Pawn shops do undercut by a lot (they have a physical store), but I expect people here to do the same (such is their right).

I do hope you'll be able to resolve the issues you're facing. Good luck!
GoofyUK

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:58:21 PM

Maybe a good idea to share the amount the local pawn shop was willing to give you. Pawn shops do undercut by a lot (they have a physical store), but I expect people here to do the same (such is their right).

I do hope you'll be able to resolve the issues you're facing. Good luck!

This!

If I ever sell something such as old items such as a watch then I always pop down to the pawn shop and see what they offer me.
CryptoKilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:28:07 PM

Can you give me an idea of a ball park price??  Also I would have to have this in hand to know if it was real so escrow would be a must.

I would like to know ball park of what you are looking for as well. Also, without any documents or authenticity here it's going to be a very tough sell. Where are you located because a local deal might be your best bet. I am very interested though as I am currently in the market for one.

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
BitchImightbe

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:27:40 AM

10BTC
Escrow
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1383
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 09:45:14 AM

can you give us the serial number? that would help in determining value

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
ashish12

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

BITCOIN

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:13:50 AM

what price u r looking for it ?
guigui371
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1693

C.D.P.E.M

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:03:01 PM

10BTC
Escrow

If the watche is authentic it is worth (more or less) 15k€ to 20k€ 
but without paper and box let say 14k€ is realistic price.

to OP : can u get it opened by a rolex shop or any shop ?

To all : the graving in the clasp looks dam genuine to me

it ain't much but it's honest work
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:08:23 PM

It does look real, but with no paperwork it needs to be opened up to tell.
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1383
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:08:43 PM

10BTC
Escrow

If the watche is authentic it is worth (more or less) 15k€ to 20k€ 
but without paper and box let say 14k€ is realistic price.

to OP : can u get it opened by a rolex shop or any shop ?

To all : the graving in the clasp looks dam genuine to me

With serial number we can get the model and find out the value pretty easily. For the sake of OP, might I also recommend http://www.bobswatches.com/sell-rolex-watch
They specialize in buying used rolexes and will give you a very speedy offer..probably better and quicker then youll get here.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:50:23 AM

This watch bothers me.  Strap stamps look OK.

I've never seen a day/date or prez with a plain bezel.  Always fluted or diamond bezel.  Maybe a non-us thing though.

Dial looks bad.  Markers "look" wrong.

Day is very questionable - note the extra tall S in Tuesday.  Unlike any day model I've seen, and I've owned many different models.

Edit: please provide better pics of the crown(knob).  I'm either seeing glare or the plating is wearing off.

Edit2: gold rolexes have gold spring bars, these are obviously steel.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:52:17 AM

but bobswatchs is gonna be a lot harder to scam!
culexevilman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 04:15:39 AM

Hi, after everyone's input, all regarding the authenticity of the watch, while it may look somewhat genuine, it's actually a AAA Swiss replica, therefore it's not worth even 10 btc as some offered, while many people would like to own an Rolex for all sorts of reasons, this is what we wear when you don't want drop 30k for one. Now I never had the intention to sell this as the real thing to fuck people over. But it's a good buy for much less if you wanna achieve that Rolex look without breaking the bank.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:29:47 AM

Hi, after everyone's input, all regarding the authenticity of the watch, while it may look somewhat genuine, it's actually a AAA Swiss replica, therefore it's not worth even 10 btc as some offered, while many people would like to own an Rolex for all sorts of reasons, this is what we wear when you don't want drop 30k for one. Now I never had the intention to sell this as the real thing to fuck people over. But it's a good buy for much less if you wanna achieve that Rolex look without breaking the bank.

You didn't exactly make that very clear in posts 1 & 4.

Almost sounds like a change of heart at an attempted scam due to Escrow requests to prove authenticity.

xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:47:54 AM

Now I never had the intention to sell this as the real thing to fuck people over.

So you waited until post 12 to reveal the authenticity, including post 4 where you leave us to believe the origin of the watch to be unknown or shrouded in mystique.

Seems legit.   Roll Eyes

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:17:51 PM

That was pretty shady...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All