- Implementation of entire Bitcoin protocol [except IP transaction stuff], parsing and building (with a switch to checksum all packets)
- Network mapper: map the entire Bitcoin network
- Node locator: do you see /multiple/ odd transactions that seem related? Find out what node's sending them!
- (possible): Full client!
- (possible): Block Explorer clone!
- Dedicated blockchain server! (possibly translated to C with PyPy)
Give the repo a clone and take a look!
$ git clone http://xmppwocky.net/bitkit/.git
$ cd bitkit
$ less README