Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:20:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 [504] 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483650 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
philipvdlinde

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:58:13 PM

Hi All,

I am a quiet investor of XC and feel the need to address the community.

This latest update is very upsetting to myself and some other investors I know who have invested in this coin. There is no direction to this coin and it feels so "rushed" with constant announcements which are  
a) very poor in communication (See below) b) do not provide any real world technical information or value add c) add confusion to investors, I still have no idea about CACHe coin??? or REV2???

Why on earth do we need a TOR stick, anyone with a bit of time can put together a USB stick with an OS and a wallet??? Many people already run this through TOR with other software? This does not add value, it just confuses people. What happened to REV 2, this is now lost? Hows about you fix up the website FIRST???

The announcement "XC is the current market leader in decentralised private cryptographic transactions" - you shouldn't be stating this unless you have facts, technical information or professional vetting to back this up. Yes XC is trying to break into the anonymity market but dont make it something its not. This screams scam coin to most people.

". And of course it is private, very private" - again making claims like this without a single technical comment or overview of how this works is very concerning. The majority of posts in this thread is price and moon talk and the announcements always just try to sound great without giving any information away. Where is the community technical discussion to confirm how anything works?

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I am selling, and will continue to sell until this coin has direction, a solid development plan and not more announcements.

I once had hope but feel as though I should just sell the remainder out now and take a small hit rather than keep being frustrated by announcement after announcement, rushing and poor quality.

So how has this new BTCtalk account been working out for you?
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:59:01 PM

so everyone was asking for the last 2 days where is the dev, what happend at conference, and when he finnaly apears he just says us something poor about some usb stick that using TOR wich nobody knows when it gonna be released, how we buy it and etc and everyone cheers him how cool is all this ( im using VPN since 2010 paid with btc , anonymouse hosted in a country wich  by law, hosting company doesnt need to keep any logs and all users share same IP adress ( www.mullvad.net ) this Tor feature means nothing  for me to be honest, whatever )

im not trying to spread FUD, i bought 6k XC at 310k , i bought 6k more this morning between 110 and 150k and i am very annoyed about all this situation, nothing clear, nothing specific, only preanoucement of anoucement, we dont even have a REV 2 release date but we talkin about this beta testing of the usb os? why we not talkin about REV beta testing or other important things ?

look in my post history, im a heavy XC ( and vrc ) supporter, never spread fud but this is getting worse and worse

+1 I agree and im def concerned as well. Im already chalking my invested btc as a loss with no real chance of even making an even return.

Have you least twitted one thing about this coin until now? I bet no...
Lots of angry leeches, who panic so fast cause they can't make some quick buck without doing anything...

This announcement was to get community feedback on which design to use, so that we can order the hardware and to get test-users for feedback for the final image.

The REV2 release is a major release with several moving parts and is not something that the XC team wants to rush out the door and end up with issues like some other alt-coins.  

The roadmap will be available tomorrow with the release schedule for REV2.

For the conference.

It was great exposure for those that didn't know about XC and for those that did it was a great opportunity to bring people up to speed.  There was a lot networking and discussions happening as well.  A lot of ideas, theories and of course discussions around privacy.

Over the next several days and weeks those discussions will be further developed to see what real world applications can be leveraged... I have a stack of business cards and emails to go through as part of the follow up process.

ATCSECURE

Thanks look forward to the schedule.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:59:22 PM

Hi All,

This latest update is very upsetting to myself and some other investors I know who have invested in this coin. There is no direction to this coin and it feels so "rushed" with constant announcements which are  
a) very poor in communication (See below) b) do not provide any real world technical information or value add c) add confusion to investors, I still have no idea about CACHe coin??? or REV2???

Why on earth do we need a TOR stick, anyone with a bit of time can put together a USB stick with an OS and a wallet??? Many people already run this through TOR with other software? This does not add value, it just confuses people. What happened to REV 2, this is now lost? Hows about you fix up the website FIRST???

The announcement "XC is the current market leader in decentralised private cryptographic transactions" - you shouldn't be stating this unless you have facts, technical information or professional vetting to back this up. Yes XC is trying to break into the anonymity market but dont make it something its not. This screams scam coin to most people.

". And of course it is private, very private" - again making claims like this without a single technical comment or overview of how this works is very concerning. The majority of posts in this thread is price and moon talk and the announcements always just try to sound great without giving any information away. Where is the community technical discussion to confirm how anything works?

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I am selling, and will continue to sell until this coin has direction, a solid development plan and not more announcements.

I once had hope but feel as though I should just sell the remainder out now and take a small hit rather than keep being frustrated by announcement after announcement, rushing and poor quality.

I'm not going to comment on the fact that your account is brand new but I'm just pointing it out. However, I will address your point. First, a lot of people are actually quite happy about this because they understand that's its an extra layer of privacy. I would also say that it was well communicated but I could be wrong that this was . Second, sure you could do this yourself but non technical people, won't be bothered to set everything up, they want a plug and play product.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:59:56 PM

Sometimes it's helpful to summarize:

XCurrency Node Protocol succesfully implemented in REV1.5

Succesfull Blockchain 2.0 implementation for current and future XCurrency features

Unprecedented Anonymous Technology - bounty posted for provably cracking the code is still unclaimed

XCurrency TOR Stick is an astounding accomplishment that adds an additional layer of privacy

Fully dedicated development team (http://xc-official.com/XCPlatform/14-06-16%20Team%20Announcement%20D.pdf) that's intelligently pushing toward REV2

In addition, XCurrency is:

Bloat-free

Eminently scalable by design

Being developed to run on mobile phones

Fully POS-integrated

Flexible

Fast

Not experiencing forking issues

And the icing on the cake still hasn't changed.... future integration into the world's payment networks, so that anyone/everyone can easily have access and use of XCurrency.

So I would just say, let's relax and enjoy the ride to the top.   Wink

best summary!
mikesrevenge

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:03:41 PM

Don't want to sound rude, but what exactly is the purpose of a Tor Wallet if the REV2 already addresses anonymity ? Also, the Tor wallet is not that big, because the dev of Vericoin implemented it in about 5 minutes just to humiliate RZR coin, a coin of which foundation was build around Tor.

I'm reading these threads since May and I'm pretty sure that ATC is a serious dev that works like a mad man, but this release sounds like: Here, take some gimmick to keep you interested while we work on REV2 and maybe with this we will manage to prolong the time for official release.
Security is like an onion... it has many layers.  Tor is another layer.
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:04:26 PM

Don't want to sound rude, but what exactly is the purpose of a Tor Wallet if the REV2 already addresses anonymity ? Also, the Tor wallet is not that big, because the dev of Vericoin implemented it in about 5 minutes just to humiliate RZR coin, a coin of which foundation was build around Tor.

I'm reading these threads since May and I'm pretty sure that ATC is a serious dev that works like a mad man, but this release sounds like: Here, take some gimmick to keep you interested while we work on REV2 and maybe with this we will manage to prolong the time for official release.
+1, and this is not just Tor. 
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:05:51 PM

Security is like an onion... it has many layers. 

It also makes your eyes water...with tears of joy  Cheesy
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:06:44 PM

Exactly, I like the idea of easy cold storage...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
mikesrevenge

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:10:18 PM

Cold storage for your wallet and other documents. 

Since they are going with some sort of linux distro the options for a mobile private OS platform + XC = next best thing since bitcoin

And you dont have to keep it on the Xcard... you could use the ISO on some other usb drive... something really heavy duty if you own alot of XC.
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:16:58 PM

Cold storage for your wallet and other documents. 

Since they are going with some sort of linux distro the options for a mobile private OS platform + XC = next best thing since bitcoin

And you dont have to keep it on the Xcard... you could use the ISO on some other usb drive... something really heavy duty if you own alot of XC.

finally i saw some one with reasonable thinking.

cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:17:38 PM

now waiting for the roadmap!

life-time investment is XC.

DEV shall resigster a company and hire more talents. this is not just coin!
mecc

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:18:37 PM

There's only been two announcements recently. XC's PR guy is Synechist.

Meet the Team.
And now TOR stick.

Tor stick is great because it's showing us the direction XC is heading. It's a surprise bonus because other alts have been making TOR a big deal. Look at how XC is implementing the tech and taking it to another level. What the stick shows us is that XC is addressing the concerns of the less technologically inclined person. We have people who don't know what TOR is. Think of the average person. Now, what alt coin is going to be successful? The one that can be used by the average person. The average person won't even need to know what x-nodes are or how staking works when they just plug and play and profit.

XC is long term. If you want to get off now and sell do it. These weak ass FUD attempts are ridiculous. They always come after good news. Did you sell too early?
donnyd413

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:20:12 PM

Hi All,

I'm not going to comment on the fact that your account is brand new but I'm just pointing it out. However, I will address your point. First, a lot of people are actually quite happy about this because they understand that's its an extra layer of privacy. I would also say that it was well communicated but I could be wrong that this was . Second, sure you could do this yourself but non technical people, won't be bothered to set everything up, they want a plug and play product.

"The road map will be available tomorrow with the release schedule for REV2". Hopefully, all of these issues will be addressed by this road map that is coming out tomorrow!
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:21:35 PM

There's only been two announcements recently. XC's PR guy is Synechist.

Meet the Team.
And now TOR stick.

Tor stick is great because it's showing us the direction XC is heading. It's a surprise bonus because other alts have been making TOR a big deal. Look at how XC is implementing the tech and taking it to another level. What the stick shows us is that XC is addressing the concerns of the less technologically inclined person. We have people who don't know what TOR is. Think of the average person. Now, what alt coin is going to be successful? The one that can be used by the average person. The average person won't even need to know what x-nodes are or how staking works when they just plug and play and profit.

XC is long term. If you want to get off now and sell do it. These weak ass FUD attempts are ridiculous. They always come after good news. Did you sell to early?

Also read between the  lines, ATC has a stack of emails and contacts to now go through post conf.. I think we will see sizeable stake building starting shortly...

I'm sure XC's strategic direction was considered and discussed and as stated earlier they are well aware of what the market is looking for... All in all, things are looking and sounding rather good..

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:23:46 PM

Hi All,

Bye!

Let me set up some buy orders first.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:25:57 PM

Hi All,

"The road map will be available tomorrow with the release schedule for REV2". Hopefully, all of these issues will be addressed by this road map that is coming out tomorrow!

Also we have a forum with dedicated discussion for technical apsects , community creation etc.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 10:29:19 PM

Hi All,

Also we have a forum with dedicated discussion for technical apsects , community creation etc.

please get your official site and forum logo up to date, it look garbage with no proper logo. it seem no one is ever look or take care of official site and forums.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
sfc

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:34:31 PM

Please quote me!

Wow, you guys really managed to quote this guy 8 9 times now. Really gets me a little upset how people want to ban FUD on the one side but keep quoting shit like this without even thinking about it. Your quotes are what really has brought attention to his post. FUD mission accomplished with your help! Please help keeping this thread clean by thinking one second before u use the quote button.
Synarchist

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:45:08 PM

In regards to the fud being voiced by some members, please take a moment to consider..

If atcsecure is looking to capture a piece of the bigger mainstream market, the price has to stay cheap for now. It makes XC much more attractive to investors, especially at a time when promoting. I assume mainstream adoption is the primary goal here for everyone? If all goes well, we could even be looking at being traded on an institutional level. Take a moment to think about that, and the implications for such a future.

All in good time my fellow 'XC bagholders' Wink
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:48:42 PM

In regards to the fud being voiced by some members, please take a moment to consider..

If atcsecure is looking to capture a piece of the bigger mainstream market, the price has to stay cheap for now. It makes XC much more attractive to investors, especially at a time when promoting. I assume mainstream adoption is the primary goal here for everyone? If all goes well, we could even be looking at being traded on an institutional level. Take a moment to think about that, and the implications for such a future.

All in good time my fellow 'XC bagholders' Wink

I'll drink to that mate. Cheers. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 [504] 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: