Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:34:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good business/economy books!  (Read 2587 times)
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:14:41 AM

You can also try "The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine" by Michael Lewis is really a good business economy book.This is the no 1 New York Times bestseller.
This is the first book I've read by Michael Lewis, and I hope to read his other work. The book was incredibly informative and fast paced, but also managed to be highly entertaining. I laughed out loud at parts, became darkly angry during other parts, and by the end felt quite informed about elements of the housing collapse. I highly recommend this book

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:41:11 AM

You can also try "The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine" by Michael Lewis is really a good business economy book.This is the no 1 New York Times bestseller.
This is the first book I've read by Michael Lewis, and I hope to read his other work. The book was incredibly informative and fast paced, but also managed to be highly entertaining. I laughed out loud at parts, became darkly angry during other parts, and by the end felt quite informed about elements of the housing collapse. I highly recommend this book
Like all Michael Lewis books, it offers an interesting perspective on a complex topic in an artful way. However, it gets repetitive at certain points and drags on at times. If you're not a financial professional, you'll be completely lost by the subject matter. Even if you are a financial professional, you'll find yourself lost at times. All in all, if your looking for a read that does a great job of explaining the subprime mortgage crisis, then this book is for you.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:48:14 AM

Adventure capitalist by Jim Roger.

Very interesting to see the Jim Rogers perspective of the world. Learned plenty about the world and little about invest ing. Just the right mix. I look forward to reading more of his books.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:46:29 PM

Very interesting to see the Jim Rogers perspective of the world. Learned plenty about the world and little about invest ing. Just the right mix. I look forward to reading more of his books.
What is the book about? Smiley Are there any interesting advice inside?

I have started reading 'Unthinking: The Surprising Forces Behind What We Buy' by Harry Beckwith lately.
One interesting I got from the book was that people love to play and hear stories. So as an entrepreneur, it is important to tap into our target market's love for play and stories. Such as telling an inspirational story behind how we started our business and make the buying process fun for our customers (such as auctions and special discounts).

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
fdiini

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:50:15 PM

What is the book about? Smiley Are there any interesting advice inside?

I have started reading 'Unthinking: The Surprising Forces Behind What We Buy' by Harry Beckwith lately.
One interesting I got from the book was that people love to play and hear stories. So as an entrepreneur, it is important to tap into our target market's love for play and stories. Such as telling an inspirational story behind how we started our business and make the buying process fun for our customers (such as auctions and special discounts).

After reading a few chapters, you will get hooked and continue reading until the last page.

LiteCoinUser84

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:05:05 AM

European Economics (El Agraa) is an excellent book for understanding currency in the EU context. A lot of discussion on exchange rates etc..
zolace

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:48:54 AM

European Economics (El Agraa) is an excellent book for understanding currency in the EU context. A lot of discussion on exchange rates etc..
I never heard of it!Who wrote it and were can i find it?Thanks

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:04:38 PM

"Economics in One Lesson".  Written by Henry Hazlitt and published in 1946.
minor-transgression

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:20:50 AM

"Debunking Economics" by Steve Keen is worth looking at first, before you read other
economics texts.

In the same vein, a Warren Buffet quote:
"If you get into a poker game, and after twenty minutes you haven't figured out who the patsy is,
YOU are the patsy"
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:13:58 PM

The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman is good if you want a good overview of modern business thought.
zolace

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:55:04 AM

This book was a great disappointment as it turned into an anti government rant very quickly. It is a shame that it could have a title that is so misleading.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:01:09 PM

This book was a great disappointment as it turned into an anti government rant very quickly. It is a shame that it could have a title that is so misleading.
The book deals with the basic items of controversy between the libertarian ant the Keynesian school of economics. It strongly supports the former with convincing arguments. Nevertheless it is not a dogmatic libertarian peace of work as it admits the problems of capitalistic progress. Personally i feel impressed of the quality of arguments and the clarity of the conclusions. Overall it is a magnificent book,strongly recommended!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:06:04 PM

"Debunking Economics" by Steve Keen is worth looking at first, before you read other
economics texts.

In the same vein, a Warren Buffet quote:
"If you get into a poker game, and after twenty minutes you haven't figured out who the patsy is,
YOU are the patsy"
First off, it’s fantastic seeing someone pay attention to Steve Keen’s book. I have been a fan for years and it is no coincidence that he won an award for being the person who most accurately predicted the financial crisis.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:15:06 PM

The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman is good if you want a good overview of modern business thought.
I haven't read it it yet,i had a look on it's reviews on amazon. I think I will give it a try. Thanks

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
AdamSmith

Activity: 142

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:53:35 PM

The Wealth of Nations.

And

The Theory of Moral Sentiments.
hikedoon

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:56:27 AM

"The Robber Barons"   cant remember the author but it's on scribd.
  "Propaganda" by Edward Bernays.
   The older books are a lot more honest.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:16:32 PM

I found the book repetitious. He tells the same story from three different points of view, even though it was the same story. The first and last part of the book were very informative, the middle could have been skipped and the book would have accomplished the same. There are also good lessons to be learned. Do not invest in thing you do not understand and do your homework when you hire an investment manager.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:54:20 PM

The Wealth of Nations.

And

I haven't read it yet,i had a look on it's reviews on amazon and think I will give it a try.
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:59:12 PM

The Wealth of Nations.

And

Adam Smith is often described as the "founding father of economics". A great deal of what is now considered standard theory about the theory about markets was developed by Adam Smith. Two books, Theory of Moral Sentiments and An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations are of great importance.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:13:12 PM

The Wealth of Nations.

And

I haven't read it yet,i had a look on it's reviews on amazon and think I will give it a try.
Adam Smith's books are interesting as they really ARE among the first few books written on the subject of economics. It's like you are witnessing a part of history by reading his books.
However, he can be a little bit too repetitious also, like what noviapriani said about The Big Short: Inside The Doomsday Machine.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: