Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:45:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FS: Poker Coaching (NLHE HUSNG)  (Read 1668 times)
vivaldi (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2011, 08:59:22 PM

Interested in seeing what this bitcoin thing is about, so I'll offer some HUSNG lessons.

I've done a little coaching before and I think the most effective thing was when my student recorded a video of his play, and we went over it together in Skype. This is better than live sweats since we can pause and take time for extended discussions but also better than going over hand histories which lack timing information.  If you'd prefer a different format, though, that's fine too.

I'll start at 40 btc/hour but I'll only do a limited amount at that price if there happens to be a lot of interest as it's a good bit less than I'd charge in dollars.  It's probably best to try to get ahold of me on twoplustwo (username ya*qh, w/o the star).  Feel free to contact me here or there for references or more info about what I offer.  My sharkscope is:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4240/displaygraphac.png

edit: just a random observation: this community needs some sort of ebay interface rly rly bad.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Insuremeplz

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 03:40:07 AM

I'm also part of the twoplustwo community and I just want to chime in to say that coaching from a player of this level is a steal for 40BTC/hour. If you have any interest in poker, this is a great opportunity.
nster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 06:41:16 AM

most bitcoiners are low budget.../ so 40 BTC hour may be a steal, but most will pass on the offer unfortunately. Perhaps a pdf made by you and that sells at a lower price may have more interest.

It's like offering a night at a 5 star spa at 2000$ instead of 5000$ to a middle-c;lass audience. Sure they COULD afford it, but the benefits are short and would cost alot for them proportionally

For now, high quality services are not very popular in the BTC community

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
Anonymous

April 23, 2011, 06:57:34 AM

Interested in seeing what this bitcoin thing is about, so I'll offer some HUSNG lessons.

I've done a little coaching before and I think the most effective thing was when my student recorded a video of his play, and we went over it together in Skype. This is better than live sweats since we can pause and take time for extended discussions but also better than going over hand histories which lack timing information.  If you'd prefer a different format, though, that's fine too.

I'll start at 40 btc/hour but I'll only do a limited amount at that price if there happens to be a lot of interest as it's a good bit less than I'd charge in dollars.  It's probably best to try to get ahold of me on twoplustwo (username ya*qh, w/o the star).  Feel free to contact me here or there for references or more info about what I offer.  My sharkscope is:

edit: just a random observation: this community needs some sort of ebay interface rly rly bad.

check out #bitcoin-otc web of trust for an ebay style thing.
vivaldi (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 07:37:27 PM

most bitcoiners are low budget.../ so 40 BTC hour may be a steal, but most will pass on the offer unfortunately. Perhaps a pdf made by you and that sells at a lower price may have more interest.

It's like offering a night at a 5 star spa at 2000$ instead of 5000$ to a middle-c;lass audience. Sure they COULD afford it, but the benefits are short and would cost alot for them proportionally

For now, high quality services are not very popular in the BTC community

check out #bitcoin-otc web of trust for an ebay style thing.

Yea, since my OP I found bitcoin-otc and biddingpond also, but they don't seem to get very much traffic.  This board gets more, as far as I can tell, but for items/services with a relatively small target demographic (such as pro-level poker coaching), it's not a very efficient way to match buyers and sellers.

It'd probably be best for the community of ebay and/or paypal just implemented bitcoin support somehow themselves...
vivaldi (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 04:43:48 PM

just wanted to say that this is still available, and the price is negotiable (or at least variable) given the fact that the value of btc has ~tripled in the past couple weeks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: