Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:01:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A break-out?  (Read 4536 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:47:53 PM

That looks like a break-out from the leading diagonal wedge that seemed to be forming from the $340 bottom.

Strong volume, although it still needs to confirm itself.

I have bought in at $600, but am ready to bail back out should the break out fail and simply result in the final high of the leg up from $460 as posters such as ibankbitcoins suggests.

Important to note before the denialists start trying to deny it, is that Huobi was once again, ahead of Bitstamp on this break out (2 mins ahead). We are still being lead from China.

Have a look at finex charts.

Yeah....that is why I hate Bitfinex.

Fake Walls R Us.

Some poor cunt obviously made a panic 'market order' buy on Bitfines, only to discover that the thousands of BTC making up the Ask wall above him were but a 'mirage'.

I fucking hate Bitfinex. Crooks operating a fractional reserve Bitcoin exchange, with fake volume and insider trading for sure!

And still, Bitfinex was also 2 minutes behind Huobi.

Bitfinex shows ~14K BTC volume on this latest move, if the wall were fake why did the move up cause more volume then the order book was showing at the time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:09:01 PM

Bitfinex shows ~14K BTC volume on this latest move, if the wall were fake why did the move up cause more volume then the order book was showing at the time.

2000 BTC took Bitfinex up to $599. Just further couple of hundred BTC took it up to $630, and then a few hundred more caused it to correct to $583. All within one minute. Who in their right mind (human mind or bot coding) is going to be so chomping at the bit to get in on Bitcoins that they are happy to pay up $30 above the USD market standard rate (Bitstamp price)?

Why do these things never happen on Bitstamp?

Why is it only ever on shady exchanges like BTC-e and Bitfinex that we get these wild anomalous trading spikes?

Did you know that Bitfinex routes trades through Bitstamp to increase liquidity? Seems to have circumvented Bitstamp on this occasion hasn't it not?

Have you actually traded on Bitfinex? Have you first hand experience of all it's little 'quirks'? Especially with regards to farming Stop Loss orders!

These exchanges will one day prove to be a blight on the Bitcoin market just like Gox did.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:18:47 PM

Disagreed on the "led by China" statement. I made my case against that often enough now, so I'm not repeating it here. China is a large factor still though, so if it's just hyperbolic phrasing to say that, I'm okay with it.

The volume surge on Huobi was 2 minutes ahead of Stamp. This isn't up for debate, it is there in black and white (or red and green).

Sorry, but this happens almost 9 times out of 10 and it cannot be ignored.

Arb bots are most likely keeping the exchange rates in line.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:20:35 PM

Disagreed on the "led by China" statement. I made my case against that often enough now, so I'm not repeating it here. China is a large factor still though, so if it's just hyperbolic phrasing to say that, I'm okay with it.

The volume surge on Huobi was 2 minutes ahead of Stamp. This isn't up for debate, it is there in black and white (or red and green).

You're right for once: this isn't even up for debate.

The spikes, in chronological order:

14:17 Bitfinex 111 xbt (local spike, but not a huge order exactly. I'd call it "the rally starter, part 1")

14:18 Bitstamp 693 xbt  ("the rally starter, part 2")

14:18 Huobi 42 xbt (how things got started in Matland)

EDIT: and if this is about the first impulse of the breakout, then:

11:30 Huobi 286 xbt
11:31 Huobi 594 xbt
11:32 Bitstamp 943 xbt / Huobi 842 xbt

Summary:

Huobi indeed began the first impulse of this local rally 2 minutes earlier than stamp, but within 2 minutes higher volume order(s) came in on Bitstamp.

That's not what it looks like if "one exchange leads the other". That's "exchanges getting each other in a buying frenzy".

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:21:54 PM

I was asleep when Bitcoin broke through $540 which would have been my buy-in confirmation target had it not been 4am where I am, when the break out happened. I was in and out near top (at small profit) just before the correction to $550. I never held my $571 position because I had a dream of Bitcoin correcting to $500.

ah, the perils of sleep.

seriously, as a day trader, how do you effectively deal with trading a highly volatile market when a quarter to a third of your life involves you being unconscious and away from your screen unable to react?  sure, you could try to automate your trades if a sudden move happens but that is very dangerous to your account especially with whipsaws.  statistically, much of this volatility is going to originate from outside the US when you're asleep.

better to HODL.
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:22:04 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 08:35:42 AM by djangocoin

Why in on an uptrend?

I mean if you think it's going to succeed long term

:]
YogoH

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:27:32 PM

Damn, matt just got wrecked
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:29:22 PM

Huh

Hier ist Der wirkliche Anfang des Ausbruchs:

Huobi:

Bitstamp:

EDIT: For some fucking reason that screenshot makes it look as though the first big green bar was at 9:31, on Bitstamp, and I am trying to steal a minute from the action on Bitstamp. The first big green bar happened on Bitstamp at 9.32 am UTC. Go and check it out for yourself.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:31:25 PM

Huh

Hier ist Der wirkliche Anfang des Ausbruchs:

Huobi:

Bitstamp:

why did you place the stamps time marker after the first volume spike?

MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:33:05 PM

why did you place the stamps time marker after the first volume spike?

I didn't. don't why that happened. Instead of debating me, just go check it out for yourself.

Edit: FIXED.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:34:22 PM

pretty sure all the market look to each other for confirmation of moves anyway

leader with 30sec head start will not keep going up if no one follows

so wtv.

MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:36:21 PM

pretty sure all the market look to each other for confirmation of moves anyway

leader with 30sec head start will not keep going up if no one follows

so wtv.

And it just so happens that Huobi is always the leader whenever anything significant happens in Bitcoin these days. Yeah....the trading bots follow on all exchanges, cos they are all hooked up to each other, but Huobi leads. Always.

oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:36:48 PM

[pretty graph]

Thanks for the illustration of what I wrote above.

No need to discuss this further. I'm not the one playing catch and run with a price that doesn't do what I expect it to do based on faulty premises.

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:37:33 PM

You're right for once: this isn't even up for debate.

The spikes, in chronological order:

14:17 Bitfinex 111 xbt (local spike, but not a huge order exactly. I'd call it "the rally starter, part 1")

14:18 Bitstamp 693 xbt  ("the rally starter, part 2")

14:18 Huobi 42 xbt (how things got started in Matland)

EDIT: and if this is about the first impulse of the breakout, then:

11:30 Huobi 286 xbt
11:31 Huobi 594 xbt
11:32 Bitstamp 943 xbt / Huobi 842 xbt

Summary:

Huobi indeed began the first impulse of this local rally 2 minutes earlier than stamp, but within 2 minutes higher volume order(s) came in on Bitstamp.

That's not what it looks like if "one exchange leads the other". That's "exchanges getting each other in a buying frenzy".

Not to mention, MatTheCat never seems to ponder the obvious truth that a few whale traders have multiple accounts on different international exchanges (e.g., Whale #1 has a trading account on both Bitstamp and Huobi, thus being able to play sides of the rally on multiple exchanges simultaneously).  So saying that "China is leading this rally, not the other nations" is misleading and possibly just plan wrong.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:38:12 PM

ching chung ku fung piff paff wing wang i suppose soon we will all be hitting ourselves after huobi shuts down for real and btc is back down, because we neglected these obvious signs including this pathetic rally volume on stamp which is 1/4 of the volume as the volume that the various crashes earlier in the year had. just another day getting goxxed by china and we fell for it yet again. ill order the general tzo's chicken with two spring rolls and a side of crispy duck.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:40:50 PM

ching chung ku fung piff paff wing wang i suppose soon we will all be hitting ourselves after huobi shuts down for real and btc is back down, because we neglected these obvious signs including this pathetic rally volume on stamp which is 1/4 of the volume as the volume that the various crashes earlier in the year had. just another day getting goxxed by china and we fell for it yet again. ill order the general tzo's chicken with two spring rolls and a side of crispy duck.

No.

Because the fact that China always leads the buying pressure on this run up is only the reality in MatTheCat land. All the wise users on Bitcointalk.org say so (despite the evidence being there for all to see each and every fucking time).

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:47:31 PM

I think the 1-week MACD histogram from Bitcoinwisdom tells all anyone needs to know about whats happening with this breakout.

It's permanent, and has been building since early April when the rate of selling started to slow. The correction from December's all time high is now fully in and IMO this is going well northward over the summer.

We haven't had such a bullish set of circumstances since last October.

MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:55:33 PM

sure, you could try to automate your trades if a sudden move happens but that is very dangerous to your account especially with whipsaws.  statistically, much of this volatility is going to originate from outside the US when you're asleep.

better to HODL.

I I was a HODLER, I would be bagholding some 27BTC bought at $1100 as a worst case scenario, although I start 'day trading' Bitcoins from $700 in November. So best case scenario would be me being a bag holder from $700 range.

I think the 1-week MACD histogram from Bitcoinwisdom tells all anyone needs to know about whats happening with this breakout.

It's permanent, and has been building since early April when the rate of selling started to slow. The correction from December's all time high is now fully in and IMO this is going well northward over the summer.

We haven't had such a bullish set of circumstances since last October.

Never rely on one indicator alone. Especially not the MACD.

bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:58:41 PM

I expected 600 yesterday because thursdays usually are interesting (possible second market buying etc).
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:12:30 PM

Not to mention, MatTheCat never seems to ponder the obvious truth that a few whale traders have multiple accounts on different international exchanges (e.g., Whale #1 has a trading account on both Bitstamp and Huobi, thus being able to play sides of the rally on multiple exchanges simultaneously).  So saying that "China is leading this rally, not the other nations" is misleading and possibly just plan wrong.

No! Go away with your "logic" and "common sense". This is all led by Chairman Mao's Market Manipulation Brigade (CM3B). You'll see in time!

(it's actually kind of funny, because Mat could make a valid point about how Chinese exchanges still do have the capacity to throw us back a long way, if and when their actual volume declines to a trickle of what it is now. there is after all a real contribution to current buying pressure by China, and if that were to stop, I'm sure price would be affected. But, no, that's way too complicated an explanation for old Mat of course: instead "China leads each and every move" it is.)

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: