Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:23:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: Crypto::stocks currently not allowing withdrawals  (Read 4232 times)
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:33:02 PM

I really don't understand why people keept their money with Kumala after Vircurex fiasco. Maybe they are stuck in "securities" with neverending IPO's, is this the explanation?
Anyway, cryptostocks is a joke aproaching to it's end.

Some of the securities are legit, and Cryptostocks is the only way to invest with them. Cryptsy, Coinfarm, Cannabit are all good.
However, it might still not be worth it to take the risk inherent in dealing with CS, even though these securities are good.
badpeanut

Activity: 333
Merit: 251

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:44:48 PM

Ticker "COIN" has just paid dividend to share holders. I wonder if CS wallet is still offline, can anyone confirm?

This should raise a red flag about their listing. If they've managed to pay dividends while wallets are not working, this might mean that they never actually used the funds raised on CS, and simply redistribute them to the stock-holders in a pyramid scheme.

Yeah true, i also tho that.

But they could also have sold shares in these 4 days when CS wallet was down. Perhaps they thought it was better to pay what is left then keep it if CS go down for real. So they try to save themself not losing the coins, shady imo
lynn_402

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:54:56 PM

Ticker "COIN" has just paid dividend to share holders. I wonder if CS wallet is still offline, can anyone confirm?

This should raise a red flag about their listing. If they've managed to pay dividends while wallets are not working, this might mean that they never actually used the funds raised on CS, and simply redistribute them to the stock-holders in a pyramid scheme.

But they could also have sold shares in these 4 days when CS wallet was down. Perhaps they thought it was better to pay what is left then keep it if CS go down for real. So they try to save themself not losing the coins, shady imo

That would be possible, however, their recent trading history shows prices that are all over the place; so Coin eithers sell their share at market price (shady), or they've never used their funds at all (very shady).
badpeanut

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:58:37 PM

I really don't understand why people keept their money with Kumala after Vircurex fiasco. Maybe they are stuck in "securities" with neverending IPO's, is this the explanation?
Anyway, cryptostocks is a joke aproaching to it's end.

Right, stuck with IPO's and some project are good invest like coinfarm. Those guys will pay dividend tru another way if CS ever goes down. Just have to trust the project and aware not to leave much in CS wallet
badpeanut

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:05:10 PM

That would be possible, however, their recent trading history shows prices that are all over the place; so Coin eithers sell their share at market price (shady), or they've never used their funds at all (very shady).

They are not the only project that paid dividend when wallet is offline haha

BCMINECS
MINPIT
WPOOL
SBFS
BITSEED
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:20:17 PM

Its also possible they left funds on the site in order to cover dividend payments, but it is fairly shady
badpeanut

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:13:17 AM

People, keep this thread updated when any withdrawal is approved. For now this doesnt look well
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:22:17 AM

Tried a BTC withdrawal again about an hour ago, no go.
lynn_402

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:27:23 PM

There are two persons on CoinReturn's thread who report having withdrawed and deposited successfully!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504128.220;topicseen
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:30:47 PM

I can also confirm that my withdrawal was just pushed through and successfully received on the other end
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:33:54 PM

Assuming that withdrawals are now fully enabled, hopefully this is a learning experience for everyone here (and a free one, at that).

Cryptostocks really cannot be trusted to act in its participants' best interests. What other exchange has had a wallet down for days?
badpeanut

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:02:20 PM

Great news!!

Good lesson idd
drmavis

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:19:41 PM

I'm not sure what to do - I don't really trust Cryptostocks after this, but can't really get funds out because so many projects are IPO-locked and there isn't enough buyers on there to sell out at a decent rate anyhow. I hope projects look into alternative crypto stock exchanges or this spurs a developer to make a better one. Why aren't there more options for trading securities than CryptoStocks and Havelock? There are so many competing coin exchanges right now that converting one into a stock exchange would make sense.
beaknuke

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:42:17 PM

My Friday deposit is now in (Tuesday), I also feel the trust has gone

lynn_402

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:53:01 PM

My Friday deposit is now in (Tuesday), I also feel the trust has gone

At least we know he's not a thief. But the lack of transparence, and possibly of gross negligence or incompetence, might be good enough reasons to stay away from the site.
beaknuke

Activity: 412

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:56:18 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 06:16:44 PM by beaknuke

i think i will be slowing down with this site, hoping alternatives come

I am now transferring other BTC across to CS, this is working

nwfella (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:59:07 PM

Confirmed.  Successfully withdrew BTC and DVC.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
ondratra

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:15:49 PM

I also successfully withrawed.
Squeaker

Activity: 450

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 03:25:02 AM

now if he'd just fix his mail server so we get notifications again...

=squeak=

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:16:43 PM

Maybe Kumala could ask for usagi's help, I heard he's quite good with online wallets.

great idea, perhaps tradefortress, ukyo and karpeles can lend a hand too, all star lineup creating a killer exchange platform

did i make an exchange overnight
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: