Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:49:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: Crypto::stocks currently not allowing withdrawals  (Read 4232 times)
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:20:22 AM

We need a good crypto stock site, I would love to invest but not with such an unreliable platform. 

Squeaker

Activity: 450

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 01:26:44 AM

We need a good crypto stock site, I would love to invest but not with such an unreliable platform. 
If you do decide to invest, don't do it on a site that doesn't care enough about making your full transaction history and trading history available, at any time... (and not just through the API, which CS doesn't even make available there, either)

No logged history, is never something you should accept from a site that deals with financials. EVER.

=squeak=

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:47:23 AM

If you do decide to invest, don't do it on a site that doesn't care enough about making your full transaction history and trading history available, at any time... (and not just through the API, which CS doesn't even make available there, either)

No logged history, is never something you should accept from a site that deals with financials. EVER.

=squeak=

At least CS allows for the venture owners to access your email address and it's linked to your share ownership so if there was a prolonged DDOS or outright meltdown, then you could still get your divs on a different wallet. Of course, it would be a headache to manually pay out divs in micros every other day til they were able to get us on another platform. As it currently stands, most of the securities out there are listed on CS so if you're trying to invest in some of these great ventures, that's the situation here. The key thing in investing here imo is that at least business can be done offline if necessary and that the security owners don't run off. RETURN is the best and CryptoVest is an up and coming favorite of mine.
Oztwinpeaks

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:49:10 AM

Realised that I had a tiny amount of BTC on there and got it out- of course, paying the ridiculous withdrawal fee of 0.005 in the process.

Squeaker

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 07:08:22 AM

At least CS allows for the venture owners to access your email address and it's linked to your share ownership so if there was a prolonged DDOS or outright meltdown, then you could still get your divs on a different wallet. Of course, it would be a headache to manually pay out divs in micros every other day til they were able to get us on another platform. As it currently stands, most of the securities out there are listed on CS so if you're trying to invest in some of these great ventures, that's the situation here. The key thing in investing here imo is that at least business can be done offline if necessary and that the security owners don't run off. RETURN is the best and CryptoVest is an up and coming favorite of mine.
That isn't enough to overcome the inability of us to audit our own accounts in the first place.

=squeak=

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:26:29 AM

That isn't enough to overcome the inability of us to audit our own accounts in the first place.

=squeak=

There's also the fact that, well, it barely has any competion.
Trading these unregistered stocks is in a legal grey area, so I doubt a legit, trustworthy and feature-rich exchange could be developped around them.
badpeanut

Activity: 333
Merit: 251

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:26:12 PM

Why dont we build our own Cryptostocks exchange. Need 2 main guys that runs the exchange, 2 developers, 2 guys do the support. We raise a funds and investors are stockholders.

We only need trustworthy transparant guys that can run it. Raising a funds isnt a problem im sure of it.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:27:38 PM

Why dont we build our own Cryptostocks exchange. Need 2 main guys that runs the exchange, 2 developers, 2 guys do the support. We raise a funds and investors are stockholders.

We only need trustworthy transparant guys that can run it. Raising a funds isnt a problem im sure of it.
Agreed, need a couple decent community organizers to step up and create an IPO and I'd put a coin into it as a shareholder. CS charges .005 to withdraw so there's definitely a way to undercut that and still be pretty profitable. Then, we can host all the other securities plus the new ones that will come out this year and next, we'd be booming.
lynn_402

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:19:01 PM

Agreed, need a couple decent community organizers to step up and create an IPO and I'd put a coin into it as a shareholder. CS charges .005 to withdraw so there's definitely a way to undercut that and still be pretty profitable. Then, we can host all the other securities plus the new ones that will come out this year and next, we'd be booming.

And securities pay the 1 BTC fees to be listed.
That would definitely be profitable, especially since pretty much everybody has lost confidence in Cryptostocks and are simply wishing for a new service to come along.
Squeaker

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 12:34:49 AM

I'd be willing to help with customer service on it... my coding is too rusty but I still understand the issues... and I did that kind of work before...

and I'm pretty anal about giving people the service I expect to get myself...

=squeak=

ps: as for the withdrawal fee, should be straightforward to make it more optional... a standard fee if the customer is impatient, and wants a higher priority withdrawal, and a reduced fee if the customer is ok with it taking a while to get into the blockchain, if it means saving him a little coin on the other side of it.

badpeanut

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:55:33 AM

Hi all,

Good to see some ppl are interest about this idea of a new stock exchange. I have also received a PM but we should go furter from here. I think there will be more ppl interested if they read it. Also i have seen post on this forum ppl willing to buy Cryptostocks if it is for sale.
I was plan to make a Thread about this but my english is bad so i skip it. Hope someone else step in to make a thread and we can discuss from there.

I think this can go BIG!
Squeaker

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 02:43:23 AM

If someone starts a thread about this, please link to it here, I'll move over...

Just... please, if we start something new? Lets PLEASE get complete auditing records for the customers available, and complete trading email notifications... about the only thing I still like about Vircurex, is it gives all of the info we need in their email notifications... that is, when we actually GET them...

I wouldn't be able to invest much... I've taken heavy losses at CS... but I would definitely invest.

=squeak=

RyanMilligan1

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:27:49 AM

I have been working on just that. Thats why I've been quiet as of recently, any developers (please show proof of work/knowledge) and people with prior 'support staff experience' please PM me.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:18:33 AM

not sure why you're trying to waste time creating another exchange platform
counterparty decentralised exchange's wallet's can't be frozen- there are none
dividends can't be withheld by exchange operator - there is no exchange operator
everything is transparent and auditable on the blockchain.

lynn_402

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:32:24 AM

not sure why you're trying to waste time creating another exchange platform
counterparty decentralised exchange's wallet's can't be frozen- there are none
dividends can't be withheld by exchange operator - there is no exchange operator
everything is transparent and auditable on the blockchain.

Does it allow trading of cryptocurrency/asset, or does it simply allow distribution of dividends?
If it is the latter, both Peershares and Nxt allows that already, so it's nothing new.
Squeaker

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 05:36:28 AM

There is also value in having a platform for those who like to invest who aren't necessarily as computer savvy as many of us are.

=squeak=

burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 07:36:08 AM

The btct.co / litecoinglobal.com (BTC Trading / LTC-GLOBAL) code is still up for sale.

If someone starts a thread about this, please link to it here, I'll move over...

Just... please, if we start something new? Lets PLEASE get complete auditing records for the customers available, and complete trading email notifications... about the only thing I still like about Vircurex, is it gives all of the info we need in their email notifications... that is, when we actually GET them...

I wouldn't be able to invest much... I've taken heavy losses at CS... but I would definitely invest.

=squeak=

It had all that and a bunch more.  (oAuth API, sample oAuth client, third-party android and iphone apps, complete CSV account record downloads, google auth support, yubikey support, voting system, notifications system, basic options trading, manual withdrawal system, multiple security features, etc.)

I don't think it's sold yet because the price tag is pretty high.  It's one of the few sites that didn't lose everyone's coins to hacks.  (think for a few minutes about what that's worth.)  Not going to let it go for less than 180 BTC at this point.  I need the funds to offset legal fees.   Sad  Sad  Sad

Little P 1

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:24:49 PM

I'm really happy Cryptostocks is working again.

In regards to costs to raise funds CS is the cheapest hands down.

It has paid for itself in no time.

I think the rules are simple

1. never invest anonymously so that when the site goes down the owners can still contact you.
2. Never leave your crypto on the exchange.

As long as both those rules are followed its a pretty good exchange so far.

The other exchanges charge in excess of 1000%-10000% more over the year.

Kr,

Malcolm O

Little P 1

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:27:45 PM

That's definitely a project we would love to support as well.

Kr,

Malcolm O
badpeanut

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:33:03 PM

I have been working on just that. Thats why I've been quiet as of recently, any developers (please show proof of work/knowledge) and people with prior 'support staff experience' please PM me.

He is the right guy to make this happen, any real developers should contact him
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: