Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 12:23:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-05-31] Stixs News: The Value of Bitcoin Has Increased by 30% in 2 Weeks  (Read 562 times)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:21:27 AM

http://stixs.in/the-value-of-bitcoin-has-increased-by-30-in-past-2-weeks/

The cost of Bitstamp’s Bitcoin rose by 30 percent over last 2 weeks; Bitstamp, being one of the top exchanging brands of Bitcoin, is very happy about the growth. It has climbed up 55 percent ever since the lowest point in mid-April. Bitcoin’s value dropped drastically in early 2014, as there was a lot of concern and talks about future of the currency, after Mt. Gox filed for bankruptcy, exchange and concerns about Russia and China slowing down on Bitcoin agreement. There were lots of negative talks about Bitcoin in the marketplace; people criticized it for being used for illegal stuffs, such as Silk Road for purchasing ammunitions, and drugs. There was even a discussion on whether or not O.J. Simpson is the creator of Bitcoin.
_wayfarer_

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 03:17:59 PM

It's a peak, there will be another valley before we go up again. But what do I know?

Try my free BTC price alerts | In the 20th century, the United States endured two world wars and other traumatic and expensive military conflicts; the Depression; a dozen or so recessions and financial panics; oil shocks; a flu epidemic; and the resignation of a disgraced president. Yet the Dow rose from 66 to 11,497 - Warren Buffet
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:52:06 AM

Despite out of control governments all over the place it still is an exciting time to be alive. Coming from a non-tech savvy kind of guy, crypto and BTC in particular have had me taking on interests and a new way of life that I never saw coming. People who know me are like wtf is he doing w/ all this digital crazyness.. and then they get wind of the price when I first started talking about it and where it is now. Grin
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:23:13 AM

These might be the reasons behind the rise:

1. Bitpay fundraising
2. Xapo fundraising
3. Extinction of some of the alt-coins
4. DISH acceptance
5. Entry of Li Ka Shing and Richard Branson.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: