Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:31:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin video tutorials  (Read 905 times)
knahrvorn (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:54:01 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 09:14:58 AM by knahrvorn

How to install Bitcoin Armory in Ubuntu 14.04
If you're new to Ubuntu and Linux, here's a beginner's guide to installing the newest version of the Armory wallet software along with the newest version of the underlying Bitcoin Core daemon. With the recent speculations on backdoors in commercial operating systems like Windows and MacOS, here's how to do it on the free and open source Ubuntu system, version 14.04 (newest at writing).

Prerequisites: A running Ubuntu installation (newly installed is just fine)

For step-by-step guidance, enable the subtitles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmUP26r-Pr4

How to compile and run VanityGen Bitcoin tool in Ubuntu 14.04
Use the VanityGen tool to generate a Bitcoin address that stands out from the others. Decide for yourself the first part of the address, and have an address such as 1PayMeNhp3RN5v5V1kwuNSRYBV32T9cpto . Letting others generate a vanity address for you is generally considered less secure since they will know (part of) your private key. This tutorial, however, will show you how to generate an address yourself, letting no one but yourself know your private address.

On Linux, compiling VanityGen yourself is required. This tutorial shows you how to do that on Ubuntu 14.04, and how to use the tool itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI89qTcSH1Y

Setting up cold storage in Armory on Ubuntu 14.04
How to set up a cold storage (a.k.a. offline wallet) in Armory on Ubuntu 14.04. You will see:
- How to install Armory on an offline computer.
- How to set up an offline wallet and import a watching only version to your online computer.
- How to transfer bitcoin TO an offline wallet.
- And how to transfer bitcoin FROM an offline wallet.

Prerequisites:
- PC with an internet connection, running Ubuntu and Armory (see my other tutorial for how to set up Armory).
- PC with Ubuntu installed without ever having been connected to the Internet (e.g. a small notebook or similar).
- The same version of Ubuntu on both computers.
- A USB stick (a small one will do fine).

https://youtube.com/watch?v=w9TGkUgekLY
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 01:08:29 PM

Cool videos!
  I hope it will bring some answers to those who need a help while installing those wallets.

Do you plan to do some more videos with btc tutorials?
knahrvorn (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:19:27 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 03:27:44 PM by knahrvorn

Yes, I have used the last couple of days doing a tutorial that shows how to set up a cold storage using Armory, and how to make transactions to and from that cold storage. I hope to have it ready for later today in the morning. It will be somewhat longer than the previous two, though.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 01:38:27 PM

Yes, I have used the last couple of days doing a tutorial that shows how to set up a cold storage using Armory, and how to make transactions to and from that cold storage. I hope to have it ready for later today. It will be somewhat longer than the previous two, though.
If I will like those new vids can I add them to my Bitcoin Online Embassy movie player with a link to your YouTube account?
knahrvorn (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:29:36 PM

If I will like those new vids can I add them to my Bitcoin Online Embassy movie player with a link to your YouTube account?
All I see on that website is a whole lot of black, and a small text in the top that says "Unity Web Player | Bitcoin Online Embassy". Is this correct?
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 08:50:45 PM

All I see on that website is a whole lot of black, and a small text in the top that says "Unity Web Player | Bitcoin Online Embassy". Is this correct?

Hmm you need a unity web player. You are Linux user right?
It is working fine  for Windows and Mac but there is an answer for Linux too.
 I can send you desktop version of  this app. Just let me come back to home.
knahrvorn (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:05:53 AM

Hmm you need a unity web player. You are Linux user right?
It is working fine  for Windows and Mac but there is an answer for Linux too.
 I can send you desktop version of  this app. Just let me come back to home.

Did a quick research, didn't find a Unity web player for Linux. No official Linux support. Generally people seem to suggest trying to get the Windows version to work through Wine, and there seems to be a solution through something called Pipelight. I might have the time to try that out at a later point, but not needing this for anything else (most video sites work through HTML5 or Flash, I guess), it might not have my highest priority.
knahrvorn (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:16:24 AM

I have used the last couple of days doing a tutorial that shows how to set up a cold storage using Armory, and how to make transactions to and from that cold storage. I hope to have it ready for later today in the morning. It will be somewhat longer than the previous two, though.

I now added this cold storage tutorial to the original post.
Dxuz

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:36:47 AM

do you have video for windows user?
knahrvorn (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:19:12 PM

do you have video for windows user?

Unfortunately not; I'm a Linux user. Which kind of tutorial would you be interested in (in case I get my hands on a Windows computer at some point and decide to make one)?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: