Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:42:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you rather:...  (Read 2047 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:20:24 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 08:42:02 AM by Lethn

I have friends that are struggling to "make it" in entertainment -- music, acting. They say "don't quit your day job" for a reason. Tongue

If you have the option of getting your own paying job then I'd definitely agree with that, build your skills in your free time like over the weekend or something, that said, if you really enjoy what you do you can be far more productive. I could actually do a standard job fairly well and the employer would probably have few complaints but when I'm doing something like Jewellery or Artwork I'm on fire in comparison Cheesy and it's just because of the fact that I enjoy it.
mortare

Activity: 765
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:25:19 AM

C.R.E.A.M.  Cool

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:58:17 PM

So, I just gotta figure out how to make money sitting on my couch watching TV.....and I'm set for life!!! It truly is what I love to do Smiley
There are people doing that already. lol they start online blogs and write reviews for TV shows. You can also write articles about TV shows on review sites and get paid per article or sometimes they pay you for each thousand view!

There is also an app where you can make $$ watching Tv. I don't think it's enough to 'make a living off' but it's still something. Cheesy

http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Money-Watch...s-and-Tips

You can also answer tv related quizzes and surveys and get paid for it!
Don't you think petite tasks like these are completely crap... Getting paid to watched television.. completely bull shit... In fact, I won't call these stuff work at all.. They are merely time pass activities where you get to earn few peanuts !!
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:06:56 PM

You can be good when you work for money , but when you work something you love you can be the best !!!

That's only true in life ! Just do things you love and things that make you happy , money , car's , houses , everything is nothing if you are not happy with your life ...

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:10:44 PM

You can be good when you work for money , but when you work something you love you can be the best !!!

That's only true in life ! Just do things you love and things that make you happy , money , car's , houses , everything is nothing if you are not happy with your life ...
Yes, you are right... Material things are of no value if one isn't happy with this life.. But don't you think nowadays these are the actual things which get happiness from.. Whether you agree to the fact or not but it is material things which are actually more important to us..
If we go on a vacation.. we are happy
if we buy a new smartphone - we rejoice..
If we buy toys for kids - they become and so do we..

So money is very important in today's world to taste happiness..
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:14:14 PM

Yes, you are right... Material things are of no value if one isn't happy with this life.. But don't you think nowadays these are the actual things which get happiness from.. Whether you agree to the fact or not but it is material things which are actually more important to us..
If we go on a vacation.. we are happy
if we buy a new smartphone - we rejoice..
If we buy toys for kids - they become and so do we..

So money is very important in today's world to taste happiness..
I feel there has to be a balance between money and happiness.. Both of them are equally essential.. If you are unable to meet your basic needs, you cannot stay happy at any cost.. On the other hand, if you are running after money 24 hrs, you will be too stressed to experience happiness...

Balance is the key you see!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:31:02 PM

I have friends that are struggling to "make it" in entertainment -- music, acting. They say "don't quit your day job" for a reason. Tongue

If you have the option of getting your own paying job then I'd definitely agree with that, build your skills in your free time like over the weekend or something, that said, if you really enjoy what you do you can be far more productive. I could actually do a standard job fairly well and the employer would probably have few complaints but when I'm doing something like Jewellery or Artwork I'm on fire in comparison Cheesy and it's just because of the fact that I enjoy it.

For sure. It can be hard to get pieces to market, though, in the sense of making a living. My girlfriend makes/sells stuff on Etsy, and some purchases come in here and there, but there is a million and ten people to compete with. So it's definitely just a "on-the-side" kind of thing.

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:44:01 AM

Would you rather: Make a lot of money doing a job that makes you miserable or barely make ends meet doing something you love? Thoughts?

Kinda depends on what you mean by making alot of money.  If we are talking insanely huge amounts why not work super hard for a year or two and then simply retire?  If your talking about pays really well but not retirement-in-a year or two well, I would absolutely opt for the happy ends meat scenario.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Gumbork

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:15:30 AM

Would you rather: Make a lot of money doing a job that makes you miserable or barely make ends meet doing something you love? Thoughts?

Make a lot of money then quit the job Smiley

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:57:53 PM

Happiness can't be purchased by money.. In our life money is also important along with love, happiness. So if anyone will ask to me then i choose the work i love, because only then i will perform well.

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:01:40 PM

Here all of us have shared their views, but i would like to request all of you to rate money, happiness and love..Give them rating out of ten. My rating is here: hapiness-10, love-10, money-8 .

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
leex1528

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:02:38 PM

I think this question completely depends on how much money is it?  How long do I have to do this job I don't like?

If I did it for 10 years would I have enough to retire and do something I love?  

If I had to work a normal shift for 40 years no matter what, I guess I would rather do what I love than make more money...

However, if I just had to do 10 years and I would be set, I would probably take the money and then spend the next 30 years doing what I love...trade offs I guess
sintax

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:03:44 PM

C.R.E.A.M.  Cool
Dollar dollar bill y'all  Grin

Job satisfaction is much more of a priority than a fat wage packet, maybe one day I'll get a job that I actually enjoy doing. Would be strange waking up in the morning and being eager to go to work.
coinsandcoins

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:35:02 AM

well . . . i would be miserable if i was a a guy that just played video games all day

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:32:50 AM

I prefer a better salary over anything, I can be professional enough to not let a bad environment bother me.
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:38:02 AM

Making ends meat doing something I love by far!

Provided you have a significant other that isn't materialistic and you can happily get by what more could a fella ask for?

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:45:03 AM

Hopefully in the next 3-4 years Bitcoin will skyrocket to a few hundred thousand...
If I get a couple of Bitcoin by then I could do the latter Cheesy

I'd most likely , as answered before , stick with the former until I could afford to live pretty well without working on it.

The question I would ask is : If you had a choice right now to do what you love or take a high paying job and cannot change your path ever later , which would you choose ?

A real case is Robert Frost. His parents wanted him to study Physics and Chemistry , in order to go the mundane path , but in the end he dropped them for Literature , as was his dream. His poem "The road not taken" is about this.

So, if you had a choice between a venture that may or may not pay out or a mundane , miserable job that would give you a comfortable , yet average life which would you take ? As Robert Frost said in the aforementioned poem , "Yet knowing how way leads on to way,I doubted if I should ever come back." Once you choose your path , it would be extremely unlikely that you would receive another opportunity to switch paths again.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: