Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:42:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which is the best pooled mining sevice ?  (Read 11818 times)
spndr7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 06:00:12 AM

I have recently joined btcmine, but was wondering out of all these pooled mining services which is the best one ?
btcmine,deepbit or mining.bitcoin.cz ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spndr7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 06:04:51 AM

There are currently 3 services in public domain or more ?

zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 06:05:09 AM

Actually the best pooled mining is not one of those - it's http://BitcoinPool.com Smiley

They have no fees, they're the only mining service that provides efficiency ratio calculations, and their modded version of the poclbm miner is the most efficient.  They are currently in beta, but are doing an awesome job.

[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 06:33:10 AM

I have recently joined btcmine, but was wondering out of all these pooled mining services which is the best one ?
btcmine,deepbit or mining.bitcoin.cz ?
DeepBit is the best, of course, and the most efficient.
DeepBit supports long polling, instant payments, hot spare server, no need to wait for confirmation, no invalid blocks.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 06:45:39 AM

The best one is the one that is having the best luck .... pool hopping is discouraged with the "devaluing shares" scoring systems though.

nster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 06:48:43 AM

Deepbit is very easy to set-up with, and has the most features and most info. Bitcoinpool has almost no features and have been victim of a few attacks, and they stored the passwords IN PLAIN TEXT, they also forgot to pay someone already, which is a little suspicious.

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
luffy

Activity: 607

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 07:03:48 AM

i vote for deepbit. the pool with more features and less problems so far Smiley
MrGaSp

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 07:04:18 AM

Deepbit is very easy to set-up with, and has the most features and most info. Bitcoinpool has almost no features and have been victim of a few attacks, and they stored the passwords IN PLAIN TEXT, they also forgot to pay someone already, which is a little suspicious.

Oh god, plain text? oO
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 07:21:29 AM

Is better Mac or Linux?

Somebody prefer instant payouts, somebody prefer score system, somebody prefer anything else.

Raulo

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 07:52:52 AM

Deepbit is prone to pool hopping abuse strategy:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3165.0
which depending on your approach is an advantage or disadvantage Smiley

1HAoJag4C3XtAmQJAhE9FTAAJWFcrvpdLM
[Tycho]

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 08:09:39 AM

Deepbit is prone to pool hopping abuse strategy:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3165.0
which depending on your approach is an advantage or disadvantage :)
Your attack is possible, but the effect is negligible and can be ignored at this moment :)
I'm monitoring this and if i'll notice some considerable hashing power jumping, i'll fix it.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
nster

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

the 1 hour delay in stats help against pool hoping though

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
Raulo

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 08:48:32 AM

Helps but it is far from solving the problem. At worst, you need to hop after any block on the Bitcoin network is found. Based on current speed, you have 25% probability it was deepbit (and 33% if you simultaneously check it was not slush's pool). Such imperfect hopping is enough to gain a few percent. And you can analyze Bitcoin traffic and increase your chance of correctly deciphering deepbit's blocks.

1HAoJag4C3XtAmQJAhE9FTAAJWFcrvpdLM
nster

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 09:32:02 AM

Helps but it is far from solving the problem. At worst, you need to hop after any block on the Bitcoin network is found. Based on current speed, you have 25% probability it was deepbit (and 33% if you simultaneously check it was not slush's pool). Such imperfect hopping is enough to gain a few percent. And you can analyze Bitcoin traffic and increase your chance of correctly deciphering deepbit's blocks.

thats a lot of time and energy.... if that time were spent doing useful however  Roll Eyes

commlinx

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 10:51:18 AM

The best pool is one that I run for my clients. It has zero variance.  Wink
Mind enumerating? I'm pretty new here but saw in another thread you had some pretty serious gear.

As for original question I've used both slush and deepbit, both have differences but are both reputable so why not give them a try also and just see what you like best? It's hardly a lifelong commitment and the fact it's quick and easy to change yet they have a pretty even share each should probably tell you it's largely personal preference. Just don't make the mistake of trying to compare one day of earnings on one pool with another, it will vary far too much on the luck of the day for that to be meaningful.
xenon481

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 02:03:01 PM

thats a lot of time and energy.... if that time were spent doing useful however  Roll Eyes

Making some very simple changes to already available open source software to gain ~30% in your expected payments (by cheating) isn't useful (to you, at least)?

Tips Appreciated: 171TQ2wJg7bxj2q68VNibU75YZB22b7ZDr
nster

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 03:56:26 PM

Making some very simple changes to already available open source software to gain ~30% in your expected payments (by cheating) isn't useful (to you, at least)?

so you are going to sit all day in front of your computer, monitor the block explorer, and have a 25% chance of correctly poolhopping? Then when you successfully poolhop, it is not even SURE you are getting this 20+% increase? (no actual long-term data of it working, I'm not talking theoretically here). So all this for a 5-7% POTENTIAL increase?

BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 04:27:15 PM

Nster, you don't know what you're talking about. Even a 5-7% increase is worth the time of some individuals, and that's all it takes. Never mind that the process could most likely be partially or fully automated.
MrGaSp

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 04:31:07 PM

Nster, you don't know what you're talking about. Even a 5-7% increase is worth the time of some individuals, and that's all it takes. Never mind that the process could most likely be partially or fully automated.

It wouldn't be worth my time, so i say he was right  Tongue
nster

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 04:36:54 PM

That's a theoretical increase, there is no actually hands-on proof. In reality, it may be anything between -5% to 5%.

Also, if you pool hop every block, you are losing maybe 1% of the miners time during these hops on top of that. and so far there are no automated processes, so right now you are losing your whole freakin day for a <5% increase. an hour of work is 15$ net (20$ brute) for me, or over 11 BTC. even if you assume 5% increase, which is really the best you could get, it would take 20Gh/s to BREAK EVEN with 1 hour of work per day. Even if you make this automated process in 1 hour, it would take 40 days to BREAK EVEN with 500Mh/s. This is considering the best circumstances and if the pool hoping works in practice

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: