Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:01:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Bounty for translations of the Bitcoin article in Wikipedia [upto 23 BTC]  (Read 1336 times)
Cerevisae (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 07:30:11 AM

Hi, I'm a Malaysian Wikipedia editor. My Wikipedia nickname is the same as the forum name here. I have been actively editing Wikipedia since November 2009 with 900+ edit counts.

Here is my contribution statistics for Wikipedia:http://toolserver.org/~tparis/pcount/index.php?name=Cerevisae&lang=en&wiki=wikipedia

I came across your group bounty for Wikipedia translations few weeks ago and I'm interested to translate the Bitcoin English mainpage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin) into Malay language. What I intended to do is to let more people know about the Bitcoin concept while I do need some Bitcoins in my wallet to try it out. Smiley

Since the original thread about this bounty lasts for more than 120 days without reply, I decided to start a new thread for this. Is this bounty still available since its deadline is on 20 March 2012?

I'm confused with the formula below for calculating the bounty awarded, which is:

"K·log10 n where K is a constant and n the number of articles"

What is the meaning of "number of articles"? Since I translate the Bitcoin wikipage only, does this mean that I only contributed one article? Making the formula to be like this: K.log10 1?

Since the Bitcoin wikipage is quite long, it may take me some time to translate the whole page. Maybe a few weeks or so because some of the terms in Bitcoin wikipage are too new for a translation into Malay language. Anyways, I'll do my best to translate the article. I'll inform you all after I completed my translation. If time permits, I can also help to expand the Simple English Wikipedia. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Regards.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cerevisae (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 12:31:46 PM

Wow, one month already nobody reply!!!! You arrogant Bitcoin community!!! Just tell me whether the bounty is available or not so difficult for you?Huh?? You people thought that you own the God's currency??? I tell you! Bitcoin will collapse in no time, by the end of 2013, Bitcoin value will be back to square one. See how unreliable the currency exchange websites such as MtGox and Trade Hill!!!. Now Trade Hill is down, next time is MtGox!!! Who wants to hack the vast Bitcoin network??? All they can do is to hack the currency exchange websites, and you all will get your asses whooped!!!!

And remember, Bitcoin is not a legal tender and the creator of Bitcoin just went hiding somewhere. Have you people think why the creator don't have balls to claim ownership of Bitcoin unlike Julian Assange who is openly responsible for Wikileaks??? Maybe he has something to hide!!!

If you people don't want to offer bounty, just tell me straight into my face, don't have to treat me like a transparent thing!!!! And don't keep the bounty offer on Wikipedia to mislead people if you do not plan to offer them!!! Bitcoin will never become a worldwide currency and it is only a currency for illegal trade like Silk Road!!! Wikileaks does receives donations in the form of Bitcoins but does Wikileaks trade Bitcoins with valuable goods or something? Maybe a few more illegal websites will flourish like websites selling weaponry!

Maybe you think that Malay language is nothing compared to Chinese or English or Spanish and Malaysia is an small and unnoticeable country!!!!

OK. If you think that my comments are insignificant, then do not reply! You can also choose to delete this post also. All I want is to convey my meaning to you, the arrogant Bitcoin community!!! I wasted so much time to get to know more about Bitcoin!!! Angry Angry Angry
bravetheheat

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 12:57:44 PM

I really do hope that you don't leave the bitcoin community, nor react in such a harsh way. I, myself, am not too sure about this bounty (being a relatively small member of this forum), but I believe most of the people here to be people of their word, so I'm sure that this issue should be resolved soon.

Being angry doesn't help though, so cheer up  Cheesy

btw, though I know it might be long lost, do you have the original link of the bounty thread?

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 03:52:03 PM

beter to post on the old thread than make a new one...  Roll Eyes  I don't know why this forum has that silly warning.

One off NP-Hard.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 04:33:31 PM

After seeing the portuguese wikipedia bitcoin entry all I can say is that wikipedia is really lowering their standards and anyone who needs to be informed about bitcoin should read the bitcoin wiki and never touch wikipedia, even if using a 700 foot pole...

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin#Vis.C3.A3o_geral
Cada bitcoin pode valer até 10 dólares , o que é claro é considerado por muitos um roubo,porque uma bitcoin dentro da internet deveria valer menos que dinheiro real.

English translation:
Each Bitcoin can be valued up to 10 USD, wich, ofcourse, is considered by many as theft, because a bitcoin inside(sic) the Internet should be worth less than real money.

WTF? So according to the Portuguese/Brazillian wikipedia editors Bitcoin should have negative value? Something like -$10? Is that it?

I know I could edit the entry myself, but I choose to leave it there and hope that someday that editor will just have to swallow is own words.
I say FUCK WIKIPEDIA!

And people here want to have them accept Bitcoin donation... If they ever accept them maybe I'll send them a negative bitcoin as a donation... -1 BTC Tongue
swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 11:26:33 AM

Is this offer still active?

I would be able to translate it properly to spanish, german or french.
And make it neat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: