Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:47:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Donators  (Read 1146 times)
gondel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:03:52 PM

Hi,
Recently i clicked by mistake on the donate button waht i saw was that there is almost 100 people donated about 10 BTC each to the forum and also 20-30 people donated about 50 BTC each! This thing is HUGE! Are those people donated in the early days of BTC? 50 BTC nowadays costs like 31 000$! This is big donation for sure!  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Wish i was able to donate about 50 BTC :/
BR
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 03:08:12 PM

Hi,
Recently i clicked by mistake on the donate button waht i saw was that there is almost 100 people donated about 10 BTC each to the forum and also 20-30 people donated about 50 BTC each! This thing is HUGE! Are those people donated in the early days of BTC? 50 BTC nowadays costs like 31 000$! This is big donation for sure!  Shocked Shocked Shocked
BR

If I remember correctly, I donated when they were worth about $10 each, so my donation came out to around $100. It was a while ago so I could be wrong but that seems like the max I would give at any one time.

Still around.
Predatorian

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:15:23 PM

@up yee probably most of donors did that when btc worth few $ each.

acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:50:02 PM

The Donation button has been there since the beginning of the forum, so yes, some people have donated at the beginning. Theymos just hasn't updated it. I think it was more of the 2010-2011 era, since it was only worth $10-$80.
KimNam

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:49:06 PM

it's long long time ago when BTC prices still cheap
i think most of donators already became bitcoin millionaire (if they don't sell their coin before price skyrocket Grin)
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176

crunck

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:40:39 PM

Hi,
BR
Don't forget most of these donation were pretty old and at that time weren't close to their value today, maybe even some donators want their coins back Cheesy

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
acs267

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:44:47 PM

Hi,
BR
Don't forget most of these donation were pretty old and at that time weren't close to their value today, maybe even some donators want their coins back Cheesy

It reminds me of the Alpaca sock ordeal. Early adapters spent hundreds of Bitcoins on them, and when the price rose, they regretted it.

I wonder if Theymos is going to ever change the donation price. I'm guessing nobody's going to off the bat donate that much currently.
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:45:17 PM

it's long long time ago when BTC prices still cheap
i think most of donators already became bitcoin millionaire (if they don't sell their coin before price skyrocket Grin)

It was long long time ao! Cheesy Cheesy sorry but i laugh a lot on this Cheesy
For BTC 1 year is like a century! Hope al of these guys are millionaires now! If it was all of my money i was going to regret on this donation
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:47:21 PM

Hi,
BR

It reminds me of the Alpaca sock ordeal. Early adapters spent hundreds of Bitcoins on them, and when the price rose, they regretted it.

I wonder if Theymos is going to ever change the donation price. I'm guessing nobody's going to off the bat donate that much currently.
It will be good if names of people donated like 0.1 BTC to the forum appear on this list also . If 50-60$ are small amount for donation.. Smiley
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:39:59 PM

I don't anyone in the right mind would donate now with the prices. 50 Bitcoin is a lot of I'm assuming a lot of people who did donate regret it a lot now.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:46:19 PM

I think it was more of the 2010-2011 era, since it was only worth $10-$80.

Q3 2011 was when theymos started collecting donations in exchange for a Donator/VIP rank.

Signature space available for rent.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:00:48 AM

You would think the price would come down. Imagine when Bitcoin hits $10k that would be half a million dollars.  Shocked

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 12:07:31 AM

You would think the price would come down. Imagine when Bitcoin hits $10k that would be half a million dollars.  Shocked

I'm glad theymos hasn't lowered the donation amount. The forum already has more than enough funds to support itself indefinitely and apparently solicit custom software worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Still around.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:49:42 AM

It will be good if names of people donated like 0.1 BTC to the forum appear on this list also . If 50-60$ are small amount for donation.. Smiley

You can donate all you like. If you don't hit those milestones theymos has already stated you're not going to get Donator/VIP status as it wouldn't be fair to the other donors. Aside from the possible ego boost, I wouldn't be too worried about it, Donator/VIP doesn't give you much except a different coloured shiny coin.
acs267

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:20:57 AM

You can donate all you like. If you don't hit those milestones theymos has already stated you're not going to get Donator/VIP status as it wouldn't be fair to the other donors. Aside from the possible ego boost, I wouldn't be too worried about it, Donator/VIP doesn't give you much except a different coloured shiny coin.

And the right to change your name. I agree with you it isn't that exclusive, but it must be a high honor to be a Donator, as if a Earl.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:36:31 AM

And the right to change your name. I agree with you it isn't that exclusive, but it must be a high honor to be a Donator, as if a Earl.

and an access to a Donator/VIP/staff-only forum section (it's not very active)
and a custom title under your forum handle if you're a VIP

acs267

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:13:27 AM

and an access to a Donator/VIP/staff-only forum section (it's not very active)
and a custom title under your forum handle if you're a VIP

Really? If you don't mind me asking, what goes on in the forum section? Brain control experiments for the better good of the Bitcoin community? Is that why DISH wants to accept Bitcoin so suddenly?

Being serious:

Do you count losing the Bitcoins you donated as a 'loss' or do you not regret your decision to donate. Why so?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:19:47 AM

Do you count losing the Bitcoins you donated as a 'loss' or do you not regret your decision to donate. Why so?

I hadn't donated, global moderators can also have custom titles under their forum handles.

acs267

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:32:53 AM

I hadn't donated, global moderators can also have custom titles under their forum handles.

Oh, I didn't even notice that... Heh. Everyday, I'm doubting these vivid hallucinations I'm having.

Anyway, thanks for telling me something new.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:14:48 PM

I would be gutted had I of donated coins that would have amounted to what they have, and the potential that remains.

But then again, I imagine that many of these donators will have had many more coins, and will have known that Bitcoin's price would increase eventually.

Hopefully the new forum software will be everything that they had hoped for!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: