Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:24:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hear dank sing sad songs about his life  (Read 1530 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:58:26 PM

And the tides turn.

https://soundcloud.com/dankm/i-know

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 12:15:54 AM

Has the existence of a soul ever been proven?

No.

Has the opposite been proven?

No.

Oh, what's proven is: When you die, you lose 20-22 grams.

Science is a bitch and it can go against us.

Arguments? Tongue

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:11:50 AM

No.

No.

Arguments? Tongue

That is an urban myth.

Surprised that anyone intelligent enough to follow Bitcoin would believe in that shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_%28doctor%29

http://rationallyspeaking.blogspot.com/2007/03/does-soul-weigh-21-grams.html

"It turns out that the only source for the 21 gram figure is a discredited study carried out in 1907 by a Haverhill, Massachusetts, doctor by the name of Duncan MacDougall. He managed (apparently overcoming any ethical qualms over human experimentation) to put six dying people on a bed equipped with sensitive springs, and claimed to have observed a sudden loss of weight – about ¾ of an ounce – at the exact moment of their death. Having reasoned that such loss could not be explained by bowel movements or evaporation, he concluded he must have measured the weight of the soul. A follow-up experiment also showed that dogs (which were healthy, so they were probably poisoned on purpose by the good doctor) don't seem to suffer the same sort of loss, therefore they don't have souls (sorry, you canine lovers).

This is an excellent example of where pseudoscience and belief go wrong, on a variety of levels. Let us start with MacDougall's claim itself: it turns out that his data were decidedly unreliable by any decent scientific standard. Not only was the experiment never repeated (by either MaDougall or anyone else), but his own notes (published in American Medicine in March 1907) show that of the six data points, two had to be discarded as “of no value”; two recorded a weight drop, followed by additional losses later on (was the soul leaving bit by bit?); one showed a reversal of the loss, then another loss (the soul couldn't make up its mind, leaving, re-entering, then leaving for good); and only one case actually constitutes the basis of the legendary estimate of ¾ of an ounce. With data like these, it's a miracle the paper got published in the first place.

Second, as was pointed out immediately by Dr. Augustus P. Clarke in a rebuttal also published in American Medicine, MacDougall failed to consider another obvious hypothesis: that the weight loss (assuming it was real) was due to evaporation caused by the sudden rise in body temperature that occurs when the blood circulation stops and the blood can no longer be air-cooled by the lungs. This also elegantly explains why the dogs showed no weight loss: as is well known, they cool themselves by panting, not sweating like humans do.

Third, MacDougall's allegedly inescapable conclusion (“How other shall we explain it?”) did not derive from any theory of the soul, but was simply arrived at by excluding a small number of other possibilities. In other words, the soul “explanation” won by default, without having to go through the onerous process of positive confirmation. This is yet another version of the “god-of-the-gaps” argument so in vogue among the faithful, and that constitutes the backbone – such as it is – of Intelligent Design “theory.”

But perhaps most damning of all is the very idea that the soul has weight. Whatever it is, the soul since Plato's time has been understood as immaterial, i.e. without mass and, therefore, weightless. Obviously, this in turn raises all the classic problems of dualism: how can something immaterial interact with a material world? How can ghosts walk through walls and yet “see” things or make noises? How can the mind direct our actions – that famous conundrum that stymied Descartes – if it is an incorporeal “substance” (itself an oxymoron)?"

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:16:50 AM

It only takes one experience to debunk the entire thing we base our society around called society.

Guess what, I have seen physics violated on several occasions.  We create the laws of the universe.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:22:23 AM

No.

No.

Arguments? Tongue

That is an urban myth.

Surprised that anyone intelligent enough to follow Bitcoin would believe in that shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_%28doctor%29

http://rationallyspeaking.blogspot.com/2007/03/does-soul-weigh-21-grams.html

"It turns out that the only source for the 21 gram figure is a discredited study carried out in 1907 by a Haverhill, Massachusetts, doctor by the name of Duncan MacDougall. He managed (apparently overcoming any ethical qualms over human experimentation) to put six dying people on a bed equipped with sensitive springs, and claimed to have observed a sudden loss of weight – about ¾ of an ounce – at the exact moment of their death. Having reasoned that such loss could not be explained by bowel movements or evaporation, he concluded he must have measured the weight of the soul. A follow-up experiment also showed that dogs (which were healthy, so they were probably poisoned on purpose by the good doctor) don't seem to suffer the same sort of loss, therefore they don't have souls (sorry, you canine lovers).

This is an excellent example of where pseudoscience and belief go wrong, on a variety of levels. Let us start with MacDougall's claim itself: it turns out that his data were decidedly unreliable by any decent scientific standard. Not only was the experiment never repeated (by either MaDougall or anyone else), but his own notes (published in American Medicine in March 1907) show that of the six data points, two had to be discarded as “of no value”; two recorded a weight drop, followed by additional losses later on (was the soul leaving bit by bit?); one showed a reversal of the loss, then another loss (the soul couldn't make up its mind, leaving, re-entering, then leaving for good); and only one case actually constitutes the basis of the legendary estimate of ¾ of an ounce. With data like these, it's a miracle the paper got published in the first place.

Second, as was pointed out immediately by Dr. Augustus P. Clarke in a rebuttal also published in American Medicine, MacDougall failed to consider another obvious hypothesis: that the weight loss (assuming it was real) was due to evaporation caused by the sudden rise in body temperature that occurs when the blood circulation stops and the blood can no longer be air-cooled by the lungs. This also elegantly explains why the dogs showed no weight loss: as is well known, they cool themselves by panting, not sweating like humans do.

Third, MacDougall's allegedly inescapable conclusion (“How other shall we explain it?”) did not derive from any theory of the soul, but was simply arrived at by excluding a small number of other possibilities. In other words, the soul “explanation” won by default, without having to go through the onerous process of positive confirmation. This is yet another version of the “god-of-the-gaps” argument so in vogue among the faithful, and that constitutes the backbone – such as it is – of Intelligent Design “theory.”

But perhaps most damning of all is the very idea that the soul has weight. Whatever it is, the soul since Plato's time has been understood as immaterial, i.e. without mass and, therefore, weightless. Obviously, this in turn raises all the classic problems of dualism: how can something immaterial interact with a material world? How can ghosts walk through walls and yet “see” things or make noises? How can the mind direct our actions – that famous conundrum that stymied Descartes – if it is an incorporeal “substance” (itself an oxymoron)?"

1 man said that. Then most of non believers accepted the idea.

I can believe that earth is flat. Does that make me wrong?

It only takes one experience to debunk the entire thing we base our society around called society.

Guess what, I have seen physics violated on several occasions.  We create the laws of the universe.
The answer is φ.

Sad to see that you're a intelligent person, yet abusing your intelligence to do shit.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:24:01 AM

i wouldn't say everybody hates you dank, but people think you're either crazy or a troll. either way you're a unique forum member.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:26:22 AM

It only takes one experience to debunk the entire thing we base our society around called science.

Guess what, I have seen physics violated on several occasions.  We create the laws of the universe.

fixed.

i wouldn't say everybody hates you dank, but people think you're either crazy or a troll. either way you're a unique forum member.

The craziest people are the ones who say they're not crazy.

beetcoin

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:27:40 AM

It only takes one experience to debunk the entire thing we base our society around called science.

fixed.

The craziest people are the ones who say they're not crazy.

i guess it's a catch 22 then, because that means you're admitting you are crazy?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:37:03 AM

If believing in love/god and your dreams is crazy, then I'm crazy.

beetcoin

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:39:02 AM

that's like saying, after drinking/driving and killing someone, "if drinking means i'm bad, then i'm just bad."
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:53:05 AM

Dank, consider a visit to a competent pyhsican and seeing about medication.

Your life would improve a lot.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 02:07:22 AM

Love the tunes. I like the classic sound.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:27:20 AM

Dank, consider a visit to a competent pyhsican and seeing about medication.

Your life would improve a lot.

That just happened to me, against my will.

Let's see what antipsychotics did for me.

1. Gained 10-20 pounds in a couple weeks.
2. Lost half my strength/muscle mass.
3. Damaged brain and decreased brain tissue.
4. Gave me an anxiety attack for the first time in a year.
5. Sent me in to a depression when I got home.
6. Made me sing sad depressing songs about my life and feel that no one loved me.

joyful medication right there.

Let's see what acid has done for me.

1. Taught me to believe and understand god.
2. Taught me to become confident in myself and raise my self esteem.
3. Removed my sense of fear.
4. Enabled me to fearlessly fall in love with the most beautiful girl I have laid eyes upon.
5. Enabled me to play guitar multitudes better than without it.
6. Enabled me to articulate myself and my perception monumentally more accurate.

Yeah.  I'm gonna stick with psychedelics that nature has perfected over millions of years rather than some doctor's who won't even call himself my friend's neurotoxic drugs that damage and decrease brain function.

Love the tunes. I like the classic sound.

Thank you.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:53:01 AM

I am glad to see this. You are confessing that you have brain damage. May be it is time to get you some decent medical treatment. We could even setup a Bitcoin fundraiser to sponsor your treatment.  Grin
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:57:10 AM

The medical treatment that I received against my will is what caused it.

The cure is love and psychedelics.

beetcoin

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:43:34 AM

I am glad to see this. You are confessing that you have brain damage. May be it is time to get you some decent medical treatment. We could even setup a Bitcoin fundraiser to sponsor your treatment.  Grin

well, in that case, i think he might finally admit that he is mentally ill.

The medical treatment that I received against my will is what caused it.

The cure is love and psychedelics.

it is very scary that you are proclaiming that psychadelics have cured you.. i'm not saying that psychadelics don't help, because there's a lot of evidence that it does.. but based on the way you type here, and the amount of those drugs you've done, i'd be willing to bet bitcoin that you need a little help.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:52:22 AM

Does a person, like Dank, that has brain damage, understand that they have brain damage?
For example, everything could appear normal for the person, but for everyone else looking in externally, that person will be batty as a fruitcake. Of course to the person everyone else is in the wrong and they are quite healthy.

Can this happen?

beetcoin

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:54:08 AM

Does a person, like Dank, that has brain damage, understand that they have brain damage?
For example, everything could appear normal for the person, but for everyone else looking in externally, that person will be batty as a fruitcake. Of course to the person everyone else is in the wrong and they are quite healthy.

Can this happen?

no, that's the problem.. they live in a separate reality, one of their own mind.. and nothing you can say will affect it. i've come to realize that there are plenty of people who suffer from this.. kinda like the people who refuse to believe that man-made climate change is real. it's like actor tom truong, who most definitely has schizophrenia, but then again i'm not expert on this  Cheesy
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:43:18 PM

No.

Yes.

It's been proven by dank Cool
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:11:50 PM

I don't have brain damage in any sense of a dysfunctional disorder.  I simply was forced to take highly neurotoxic chemicals by a doctor who thought LSD was the worst drug in the word (that kills 0 people) and whom wouldn't even let me present my side.

They just made me more negative fucked my health up and sent me into a small depression.

Have you ever wondered why antidepressants main side effect is suicidal thoughts?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: