Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:01:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Introducing LIMOCOIN from Bit-Pay  (Read 3575 times)
BitPay Business Solutions (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 03:56:42 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2012, 07:05:19 PM by Bit-pay Merchant Solutions

Bit-Pay introduces LIMOCOIN, a bitcoin payment system designed for limousine and taxi drivers and businesses. With Limocoin, businesses can quickly and easily accept payments from any bitcoin digital wallet.

Drivers can accept bitcoin payments instantly from foreign travelers, from any country, with no risk of fraud. Customers can load bitcoins onto their mobile phone, and pay for taxi and limo services in any country, worldwide, using bitcoins.

Limocoin merchants can use the Mobile Checkout to request a specific amount on their Apple or Android phones. Limocoin merchants can also use a Deposit Card, and receive bitcoins with no computing device required for the driver.

Once the payment is received, merchants can elect to send the bitcoins to their wallet of choice, or have them exchanged and receive a direct deposit into their US bank account.

To learn more, visit http://limocoin.com

Here is an example of the Limocoin Mobile Checkout:
  • FREE App for your Apple or Android Device
  • Request an exact amount in 30+ currencies
  • Receive instant on-screen alerts of payments received
  • Keep the bitcoins, or receive direct deposit to your bank account

UPDATE:   I have ordered some freebie Vistaprint cards.  If anyone would like a few to pass around to your local cabbies, let me know and I will mail you some when they come in (2 weeks).

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 04:21:27 PM

What's the difference from PimpCoin?

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 04:33:48 PM

This strikes me as something that has a lot of potential as long as implementing things like this are really simple for merchants.  From a consumer perspective, assuming you've got a bunch of bitcoins, it's a way to buy things and services in any country without having to change into that country's currency.  Pretty cool.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
BitcoinBug

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 04:34:46 PM

What's the difference from PimpCoin?

I don't think there is any. Why do you ask? Do you think Chicago Cabbie could just use PimpCoins instead?

Sorry, couldn't help myself  Wink

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 05:18:33 PM

This strikes me as something that has a lot of potential as long as implementing things like this are really simple for merchants.  From a consumer perspective, assuming you've got a bunch of bitcoins, it's a way to buy things and services in any country without having to change into that country's currency.  Pretty cool.

International Business Travel is a great use-case for bitcoins, absolutely.

It is very easy to get this app on the phone, customize what currencies you want to offer in the selection box, and then just set your payout preferences of what you want done with the money when it comes in. It's a really neat system that any driver can figure out, i think.

occulta

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 05:23:33 PM

you are what the community needs Smiley loving your work

GPG KeyID: F5A703CC74E46E5D
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 05:31:37 PM

Bit-Pay, can you make a directory of Limo and Taxi drivers who are using limocoin?  It could be good promotion for them, and if I ever travel somewhere it is used, I'd like to call them up and give some business.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 05:37:42 PM

Bit-Pay, can you make a directory of Limo and Taxi drivers who are using limocoin?  It could be good promotion for them, and if I ever travel somewhere it is used, I'd like to call them up and give some business.

you bet.  Right now there are exactly 0, since this just got introduced this morning.  Once we get a few, we will absolutely make a directory.

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 05:59:01 PM

Agreed! Bitcoin could kill traditional currencies by being ubiquitous. This is a nice application.

Too bad there’s this stupid chicken and egg problem. Sad
RaggedMonk

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 06:46:11 PM

you bet.  Right now there are exactly 0, since this just got introduced this morning.  Once we get a few, we will absolutely make a directory.
Great, thanks.  Keep up the great service development!
mcorlett
Donator

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 07:01:10 PM

What's the difference between this, and the solution you made for that restaurant a while back?

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 07:10:12 PM

What's the difference between this, and the solution you made for that restaurant a while back?

Restaurants and Drivers have different needs.  The back-end processing is the same.

Limocoin will include a directory of participating drivers, and this supports multi-currency.  Limocoin is a nice optimized interface for their exact needs.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 07:15:11 PM

Restaurants and Drivers have different needs.  The back-end processing is the same.

Limocoin will include a directory of participating drivers, and this supports multi-currency.  Limocoin is a nice optimized interface for their exact needs.

In fact, it seems to be a pretty good interface for anyone who is mobile. For example, vendors at art fairs or hippie markets. Travelling farmers markets who rotate locations throughout the week. Beach vendors and so on.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 07:33:53 PM

As soon as that leather Bitcoin wallet is completed for Chicago Cabbie, I'm making a beeline to ChiTown to close this deal once and for all.

~Bruno~
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 07:53:17 PM

LimoCoin provides a new opportunity for them to show off their bad taste. Are you guys from San Fernando Valley or mainland China? 

btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 08:46:53 PM

Seems strange to market a payment service/processor to one specific sector... seems it would be useful to more than just cabbies/limo drivers.  Just my 0.02 BTC.

Not knocking the OP at all; the more people we have producing services like this, the better.  Keep at it!

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 09:15:57 PM

Seems strange to market a payment service/processor to one specific sector... seems it would be useful to more than just cabbies/limo drivers.  Just my 0.02 BTC.

Not knocking the OP at all; the more people we have producing services like this, the better.  Keep at it!

It can be useful to many more, yes.  But drivers are a unique case.  They need to spend their time driving, not futzing around on their wallets and trading.  An app like this that just lets them punch in the amount and hit the button is very useful. 

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:47:02 AM

This is an excellent idea. As someone who has travelled internationally on many occasions I can really see the value of this for both the merchant and the traveller. Who wants to fiddle around with foreign cash or hand your credit card to an unknown taxi driver in a foreign country? From driver's perspective who wants to accept a credit card from some unknown foreign country. There is a reason why many merchants do not wish to accept credit cards from many parts of the world. What is the driver to do before Bitcoin refuse to take the fare based on the passenger's country of origin?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 02:26:12 AM

This is an excellent idea. As someone who has travelled internationally on many occasions I can really see the value of this for both the merchant and the traveller. Who wants to fiddle around with foreign cash or hand your credit card to an unknown taxi driver in a foreign country? From driver's perspective who wants to accept a credit card from some unknown foreign country. There is a reason why many merchants do not wish to accept credit cards from many parts of the world. What is the driver to do before Bitcoin refuse to take the fare based on the passenger's country of origin?

Scene out of Taxi:

Six drivers sitting around a table. A call comes in to the dispatcher. Pick-up at 5th and Elm and drop off at the airport. Asks the drivers who wants it. Nobody moves. Then states that they're paying with Bitcoin. All six drivers race to their cabs to see who'll get there first.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 02:27:48 AM

And the winner was Chicago Cabbie because Rashid uses twitter.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: