Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:11:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BNT] Bitnote Relaunching Today - X11 PoW/PoS  (Read 7433 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sharrow (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:16:33 PM

zip corrupted

On mega try downloading as standard rather than .zip and see if it works. I'll put a dropbox link up straight away.

I downloaded it as standard  Grin  Winrar/Winzip same result crc error

The wallet has been uploaded again as the Qt.exe file and another zipped folder added.
Sharrow (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:48:37 PM

A hard fork is coming this weekend with 250% annual interest and continuous PoW!!
bitluryz

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:12:50 PM

Diff retargetting still bugged imo  Sad ?
snopygobit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:57:55 AM

nice coin.but 100 confirms for mining,not 90
Sharrow (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:02:50 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 08:14:33 PM by Sharrow

Hard fork has been released.

The subsidy rates have been increased and are very generous for early miners plus the PoS interest rate is absolutely colossal!!!
bitluryz

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:13:11 AM

Diff retargetting still bugged imo  Sad ?

Dunno how but since Hardfork all is working well.
SMith777

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 11:20:56 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 08:07:11 PM by SMith777

The pool: http://bnt.777pool.com/
is ready and open for mining!

1% pool fee.

Seems like bitnote have another big problem!
Since block 1959 the pool http://bnt.777pool.com and the wallet are in different blocks.

snopygobit

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:47:38 PM

need node!!!! Huh Huh Huh Huh
Sharrow (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:49:05 AM

1% pool fee.

Since block 1959 the pool http://bnt.777pool.com and the wallet are in different blocks.

Looks like someone is back doing attacks and there could be a blockchain fork if different amounts are being displayed. The seed nodes are working and it should settle back to right chain at some point in the near future.

If for any reason your nodes aren't being picked up, try addnode=95.85.37.201 and addnode=188.226.180.208.
SMith777

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 07:40:54 AM

1% pool fee.

Looks like someone is back doing attacks and there could be a blockchain fork if different amounts are being displayed. The seed nodes are working and it should settle back to right chain at some point in the near future.

If for any reason your nodes aren't being picked up, try addnode=95.85.37.201 and addnode=188.226.180.208.

addnode=95.85.37.201 and addnode=188.226.180.208
Didn't solve the wrong blocks problem!!!

Sharrow (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:20:45 AM

Just wondering if the problem is still there if you could try deleting the blockchain from your server and recompile the daemon to see if picks up the right chain.

The nodes are currently showing to be on the same block as your pool though.

snopygobit

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:03:29 PM

Just wondering if the problem is still there if you could try deleting the blockchain from your server and recompile the daemon to see if picks up the right chain.

OK. I got it.
apple_talk

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:03:12 PM

have you guys f@cked up who mined bitnote despite high premine.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420341.0

I was still mining even after I found out it was pre-mined, wonder to disclose what is wrong with that?

|

|

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
|

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
   ████       ███       ████
  ███▀                   ▀███
 ███▀                     ▀███
▄██▀       █████████       ▀██▄
███                         ███
███        █████████        ███
███                         ███
▀██▄       █████████       ▄██▀
 ███▄                     ▄███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ████       ███       ████
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
|

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
Sharrow (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:48:53 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 06:59:38 PM by Sharrow

I was still mining even after I found out it was pre-mined, wonder to disclose what is wrong with that?

Bitnote was relaunched with a completely new blockchain and a 0.05% premine. The old blockchain and thread is obsolete now.
anominer

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:47:02 PM

I also mined bitnote scrypt for quite a while. Be careful where you invest your mining resources guys, if this fellow can abandon the previous scrypt blockchain, what's to stop him from abandoning the x11 blockchain for another algo.
anominer

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:04:38 PM

Bitnote was relaunched with a completely new blockchain and a 0.05% premine. The old blockchain and thread is obsolete now.

On the first post it states 50000 premine and max mineable coins is 10000000, that's 0.5% not 0.05%.
Sharrow (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:08:41 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 09:11:42 PM by Sharrow

On the first post it states 50000 premine and max mineable coins is 10000000, that's 0.5% not 0.05%.

Right let's set this straight. The Scrypt blockchain was abandoned only when nobody was mining it at all. Not a single miner touched that chain for weeks.

I was conscientious of people who had mined the Scrypt blockchain and kept it running for almost 6 months because of other people's interests. In February, I stated to the people who were community co-devs as well as being miners, that the premine was too high and that it would be much better to start afresh but they wouldn't accept this, so it continued as before and until it was effectively dead. Relaunching was not a decision that was taken lightly but there was no other option available and it will not be done again.

If you were a miner wasted electricity in the process, then I'm genuinely sorry for this but the indications were clear from the very start that it would not have been successful or widely adopted. It was pointless even trying to market it and if it's of any consolation, I wasted a lot of money too on maintaining nodes, not to mention bounties where BNT was not wanted, but the biggest investment was an absolutely ridiculous amount of time keeping things going.

Coin swaps would have resulted in another large premine which would defeat the whole object of doing a relaunch to resolve issues that were prevalent from the original launch.

The ANN shows the percentage as a decimal value and how much was premined. I'll update this for you and make it more clear that it was only 50,000 out of 10 million coins.

bitluryz

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:02:15 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 09:22:47 AM by bitluryz

Weird, i have just Removed node in .conf, it made me sync.  Lips sealed With node no sync.

Stacking while wallet isn't sync, bug ?
Sharrow (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:58:25 PM

Weird, i have just Removed node in .conf, it made me sync.  Lips sealed With node no sync.

Stacking while wallet isn't sync, bug ?

I've tried what you suggested and it syncs here with or without nodes added to .conf.

It looks it's not syncing at times because blocks aren't been found often enough due to the difficulty being 7 and hashrate is pretty low at present, so the network is stuck on blocks for a while. Looks like it may be back to the drawing board for the difficulty calculation.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:22:54 PM

My sincerest apologies for removing posts. In all honesty it was a moment of stupidity and should not have been done.

The release has been plagued by non-stop attacks to spike the difficulty up which causes the blockchain to hang completely. The native retarget for each block just isn't effective. I am working on a solution to fix the issue but it's causing all kinds of compilation errors so can't be released until it works.

I asked a question and was met with a deleted post message.  What happens to our old BitNotes?  Is everything we mined in the past invalid now?  Will there be a way to exchange old for new?  If not why should I mine this coin at all?  Plus now the DIFF is at .7 with no one mining, what is the retarget rate?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: