Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:37:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is cloud mining with PBmining.com profitable ???  (Read 3296 times)
dannyrayat (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 08:59:33 PM

Hey Guys !

I am a newbie in mining first I was planning to purchase mining equipment but when I saw this website PBmining.com

They sell 0.0044/BTC per GH. So, if I purchase direct GH from that website site will it make me profit?
I am planning to purchase 200GH/s.  Huh

Please share your views!  Roll Eyes

Thanks
Danny  Smiley Cheesy
brand

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:06:02 PM

I`m not sure. I`m in the same boat as you.

I saw this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=484355.320

And made me debate and question a few things.
dannyrayat (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 09:22:47 PM

thats a huge talk out there ....   Shocked Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:51:54 PM

I saw few posters commenting about it being a ponzi-like and not about actual mining.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:58:49 PM

Well, it's a contract for five years, so you will definitely break even.
If you are going to buy, please buy through my ref link Smiley
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:53:44 PM

I think this is similar to cex.io, am I correct? I think the only reason you could make money or break even easily is because others are dumb enough to buy the contracts from you. Like some else said, like a ponzi....

byt411

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:56:03 PM

I think this is similar to cex.io, am I correct? I think the only reason you could make money or break even easily is because others are dumb enough to buy the contracts from you. Like some else said, like a ponzi....

It's not the same. It's not a ponzi like pyramining either.
It's a hashing contract for 5 years. You buy that directly from PBMining.
You can trade your ghashed on cex.io, but you cannot on PBMining.
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:58:12 PM

What is to stop people from buying contracts from one another? If you can't do it directly on their site, is there any reason you couldn't do it elsewhere? If not, I'm sure there would be a market on this forum, for instance.

harlenadler

Activity: 430

Agent of Chaos

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:08:37 AM

I'd like to know more about this as well. When I saw the threads in the marketplace, I kind of assumed it was just like cex.io. That was my first thought anyway. If it's not, maybe I'm interested.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:14:02 AM

What is to stop people from buying contracts from one another? If you can't do it directly on their site, is there any reason you couldn't do it elsewhere? If not, I'm sure there would be a market on this forum, for instance.

Agreed. Some people could just trade their account to one another, and sell it lower than the contract price. Really no way to stop it.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3273

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:54:38 AM

I'm skeptical.

First, suppose you own 1000 GH/s of mining equipment and that mining equipment will earn 5 to 6 BTC over the next several months. Would you rent it out for 4.4 BTC?

Second, don't forget that you also have to maintain the equipment and pay for 5 years worth of electricity.

Does that sound rational? It doesn't to me.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
acs267

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:11:58 AM

I'm skeptical.

First, suppose you own 1000 GH/s of mining equipment and that mining equipment will earn 5 to 6 BTC over the next several months. Would you rent it out for 4.4 BTC?

Second, don't forget that you also have to maintain the equipment and pay for 5 years worth of electricity.

Does that sound rational? It doesn't to me.

Didn't even think about that. Electricity bills depend on where you normally live, so it might be costly if they live in any of the metro or huge cities. Which could totally mess up the ordeal. And anything can happen to their company or the profitability of rigs in that time range.
junshong

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

Hi!

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:13:58 AM

They didn't prove that they physically own the hardware, possible ponzi scam.

CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:17:38 AM

Yes, I am very skeptical of the people behind this. I don't see any proof of anything, and as someone else mentioned, it is a very odd setup that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I would proceed with extreme caution.

DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:24:34 AM

I found this on a review, seems to be a bit risky but profitable:

Company Background: Bitcoin Mining company PB Mining is based in SK, Canada, and has successfully sold Bitcoin mining hardware on eBay for two years.
Further information about the company for a thorough Bitcoin mining comparison is more difficult to find.
Customers are advised to exercise caution on this point.
However, Bitcoin mining rates are quite inexpensive, customer support has been excellent, and Bitcoin mining clients have been paid promptly based on their Bitcoin mining investment in the company.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
KimNam

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:25:07 AM

they neither show us proof that they have mining rig and BTC that mined from pools
they only give you fix rate BTC from GHS you purchased before
and they paid weekly using mixing/shared coin to us all
why they use mixing/shared coin? because they don't want us know from where the coins originated
it makes sense? sorry, no for me
it's like they laundering coins.
dannyrayat (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 08:36:52 AM

hey guys

today I received payment from PBmining.com.

The address from where i got coins - 1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z
http://i61.tinypic.com/mc88k3.jpg

byt411

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:42:56 AM

I got paid today too. Look, it might be a ponzi, but the whole point is that it's a sustainable and paying ponzi.
eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:57:50 AM

I got paid today too. Look, it might be a ponzi, but the whole point is that it's a sustainable and paying ponzi.
A ponzi, by definition, is unsustainable. It can only continue as long as new investors come in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme
byt411

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:59:38 AM

A ponzi, by definition, is unsustainable. It only lasts as long as new investments come in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

Hey, you know, as bitcoin difficulty rises, payouts will go down. The funds from the bought contracts can be then paid out. So it will last more and more.
And even if they don't have that many TH/s, they should at least have some.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: