Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:54:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we make changes in the IPO? If yes, how?
No. Do not change anything.
Yes. Change the price to 0.0003 BTC/MIL. Old investors get proportionately more MIL for their investment.
Yes. Change it so that the entire IPO coins are distributed proportionately among investors, i.e. Amount of MIL you receive = Your Investment/Total Investment * 195,000 MIL

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Millionaire Coin (MIL) - Launched!  (Read 76162 times)
pgb

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:28:40 AM

So, these guys were scammers after all?  Go figure more crypto dirt bags.  Who would of thunk it with Poloniex backed ICD. 

The only reason I invested (only a bit, around 0.2BTC) in this coin was because IPO was held by Polo. Everything else was telling me no no no. There was nothing to start with, it basically was give me your money and then I hire people to make something. This guy didn't even looked very clever from the very beginning and that doesn't say a lot about us investors. He has stolen >25KUSD and that makes him a thief and a crook. Shame nothing can be done about it as there would only be one place for him and the would be jail. There is no community behind this so we should probably forget about it and move on as it has no future. Yarkol even offered to implement Tor for free and nobody even replied to him saying, yeah mate go for it. As for Yarkol, not sure how much he got paid from our money, because it was our money, but at the end nothing was delivered. Not even a tiny bit of code, which is a shame and that would taint his name as he was partly involved in the project as the main (and only) dev. In any case, this was a expensive lesson and I'm sure we won't be caught in anything similar in the future. I wish you all the best in your future investments and hopefully you will recover this money very soon in case you haven't already.

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:44:21 AM

So, these guys were scammers after all?  Go figure more crypto dirt bags.  Who would of thunk it with Poloniex backed ICD.  
Yarkol even offered to implement Tor for free and nobody even replied to him saying, yeah mate go for it. As for Yarkol, not sure how much he got paid from our money, because it was our money, but at the end nothing was delivered. Not even a tiny bit of code, which is a shame and that would taint his name as he was partly involved in the project as the main (and only) dev.

I'm still here. If there is a community backing, I will put the
Tor integration in. By community backing I mean at least two
people in addition to me. One would basically be a figurehead
and project leader who keeps users up-to-date in this thread, the
other one takes care of the marketing (graphics, social media etc).
The anon feature by itself is not enough. There should be other
types of effort too to move things forward.

I didn't receive a red penny for my work for anon, which combines Tor and
NUD's delegate system in user-friendly way. I don't know how to prove this, unless
you come to visit me personally to ascertain that at the moment I'm far from rolling
in money. I regret that I didn't use escrow.

“God does not play dice"
E9800

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:28:29 PM

Well it looks like letting YarkoL add TOR is the first step. I would like to see the community take over MIL. We need to come up with a road map for the future if we are serious about this. We need input from the community and we need to pay people for their work. Adding features to MIL one at a time we attract the attention MIL needs to grow. I do not want to be in charge of MIL but would like to have a voice in MIL's future. I'm sure there are others like me. I am willing to help fund development for MIL but others we need to help as well.

1 Vote for Community Take Over!!!
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:28:32 PM

Well it looks like letting YarkoL add TOR is the first step. I would like to see the community take over MIL. We need to come up with a road map for the future if we are serious about this. We need input from the community and we need to pay people for their work. Adding features to MIL one at a time we attract the attention MIL needs to grow. I do not want to be in charge of MIL but would like to have a voice in MIL's future. I'm sure there are others like me. I am willing to help fund development for MIL but others we need to help as well.

I too vote for a community takeover. And I will certainly do what I can to help, but I do not have the time needed to be the project leader, as Yarkol calls it. Nor am I a coin guru with a Twitter following or anything like that. So, while I realize that my contributions would be limited, I do think that this coin can be saved and I just thought that I would say so. 

As it only has a million coin "float", there is every reason to believe that a new direction could turn this around. Further, there is a willing coder in Yarkol ready to help despite getting screwed over on his pay. The ingredients are here for a new life.

I am unsure there is enough of a community, but I do think that it could be done.
majeis

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:54:22 PM

I too vote for a community takeover. And I will certainly do what I can to help, but I do not have the time needed to be the project leader, as Yarkol calls it. Nor am I a coin guru with a Twitter following or anything like that. So, while I realize that my contributions would be limited, I do think that this coin can be saved and I just thought that I would say so. 

As it only has a million coin "float", there is every reason to believe that a new direction could turn this around. Further, there is a willing coder in Yarkol ready to help despite getting screwed over on his pay. The ingredients are here for a new life.

I am unsure there is enough of a community, but I do think that it could be done.

Yeah, do a takeover. That's always worked out well in the past, right?

You should rename it KoolAidKoin since you've all obviously had your fill on the punch.

This line in the first post should have been your first red flag:

Millionaire Coin (MIL) is a coin for the elite. As the name suggests, MIL will have just 1 million coins in the POW phase and will then have a nominal interest rate of 12% per annum in the POS stage.

The name suggests that you're going to be a millionaire, but it doesn't make any sense in the context of the coin supply. No one can ever be a millionaire if there's only a million coins unless they control 100% of the supply. It's just a psychological trick to make you buy this shit out of greed since the name implies some kind of unspecified future dollar value of your holdings.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:39:56 PM

The name suggests that you're going to be a millionaire, but it doesn't make any sense in the context of the coin supply. No one can ever be a millionaire if there's only a million coins unless they control 100% of the supply. It's just a psychological trick to make you buy this shit out of greed since the name implies some kind of unspecified future dollar value of your holdings.

Yes, that is it! I bought the coin because I thought that a coin named Millionaire meant that I would automatically be a millionaire when I bought it. Sort of like when I thought I would lose weight when I bought Lite Coin. And there was that time I bought VeriCoin because I thought it meant that it would be very good!

I was really mad when I found out that I didn't get a free puppy when I bought DOGE Coin -- wow, what a rip-off! When I didn't get a maid to clean my house after buying MaidSafeCoin, that was the last straw!

These "psychological tricks" as you put it, are really powerful!
E9800

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:40:16 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 07:00:47 PM by E9800

Agree somewhat with majeis. MIL seems to have been a scam coin. Now what? We can take over the coin and see what happens. Here is what I believe should happen.

1. Community takes over MIL. We need to establish who is in charge of MIL from now on. I would like to see 5 active members. (These members need to hold a fair amount of MIL)
2. New Community votes on TOR integration by YarkoL or another capable person.
3. Change the stupid Name and Logo. (Current name I agree gives false hope and the Logo has too much Bling for me.)
4. Create a website and twitter account for MIL. (We need to give updates on progress and future plans.)
5. We need to create a funding source for future additions to MIL. (We must pay for MIL additions and features.)

The reason so many coins die is because everyone wants to just mine or buy a coin and wait to get rich. That's not the way it works. It takes time, effort, and money to make things happen. Without a motivated community we might as well move on. I am willing to hold and help fund further development of MIL. I am not an expert coder or website developer so my parts has to be funding. I would like to be 1 of the 5 members who decide the future for MIL.

YarkoL
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:49:03 PM

Since there is interest in community takeover, I have opened
a new repository. Progress on Tor integration can be followed
here

https://github.com/YarkoL/Millionairecoin/commits/master

I'm all for name change and I hate that butt-ugly logo.

“God does not play dice"
E9800

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:19:15 PM

If you want a voice in the future of MIL please respond soon. I would really like to see five members who represent MIL. YarkoL needs a go on TOR and we need to vote. Snail mode is over for MIL we need to act fast.
Globee07

Activity: 397
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:41:58 PM

Since there is interest in community takeover, I have opened
a new repository. Progress on Tor integration can be followed
here

https://github.com/YarkoL/Millionairecoin/commits/master

I'm all for name change and I hate that butt-ugly logo.

Man, you have my respect, you basically did and still do this for free if that is true what you have said.
Anyways i like that there is a competitive dev behind this coin now.

Shame that the original "dev" ran away with 45+ BTC...

By the way I also invisted in this coin only because it had a big poloniex support and i was almost sure that they would not be helping any kind of a scam...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
E9800

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:27:52 AM

Representatives of MIL. For now we need 5 volunteers. Right now we have.

E9800
JTB800
YarkoL (Until someone else steps up)
Open Seat
Open Seat

I know there are more interested who just need to step up. As of now all 3 of us believe TOR integration needs to move forward and that is the direction we are heading. In the future I think Representative seats should be based off holdings. If you hold more MIL than a Rep you should be able to take the seat. There will obviously need to be some rules for taking a seat. My reasoning for this is to prevent people from voting for short term gains so they can easily dump their coins. When Reps dump their coins they lose their seat. This also encourages 5 people to buy and hold more coins and reduces the over all supply even further.

If you do not have the coins to be a Rep you still have a voice. Reach out to your Reps and try to persuade them how to vote. Yes, this is a simple government within a coin. We have all seen what happens when you have a dictator making all the decisions.

Anyway, this is how I believe we should proceed. It all depends on a vote. Tell us what you think.

Globee07

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:32:47 PM

Representatives of MIL. For now we need 5 volunteers. Right now we have.

E9800
JTB800
YarkoL (Until someone else steps up)
Open Seat
Open Seat

I know there are more interested who just need to step up. As of now all 3 of us believe TOR integration needs to move forward and that is the direction we are heading. In the future I think Representative seats should be based off holdings. If you hold more MIL than a Rep you should be able to take the seat. There will obviously need to be some rules for taking a seat. My reasoning for this is to prevent people from voting for short term gains so they can easily dump their coins. When Reps dump their coins they lose their seat. This also encourages 5 people to buy and hold more coins and reduces the over all supply even further.

If you do not have the coins to be a Rep you still have a voice. Reach out to your Reps and try to persuade them how to vote. Yes, this is a simple government within a coin. We have all seen what happens when you have a dictator making all the decisions.

Anyway, this is how I believe we should proceed. It all depends on a vote. Tell us what you think.

I have sent a PM to you about it Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
E9800

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:24:12 PM

Ok, we now have 4 Representatives for MIL.

YarkoL
JTB800
Globee07
E9800
Open Seat

We still need 1 more volunteer. Progress has already started and if you would like to have a vote on the future please let us know.
E9800

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:57:59 AM

We need a New Name and Logo. I would like to see us keep "MIL" as our symbol if possible. The Representatives of MIL will be funding these bounties. We are offering the following:

1000 MIL for New Name to replace Millionaire Coin(MIL). Example: "Million Coin (MIL)"
1500 MIL for New MIL Slogan. This must be a positive slogan promoting a new future for MIL.
2500 MIL for New Logo. Be creative and be able to add the new name if needed.

These are the first steps in moving MIL in a different direction. We have many plans for the future. Progress is being made and we are bringing new faces on board everyday. If anyone has any questions or ideas please let us know.
lanshop2010

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:45:34 PM

I suggest this:

MILLENNIUM COIN! The COIN for a thousand years!

Smiley
E9800

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:06:22 PM

I like it. Keep the ideas coming. We will choose soon.
YarkoL
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:16:27 PM

I think that's a very good name.

“God does not play dice"
Globee07

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:04:58 PM

I think that's a very good name.

+1 Smiley

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 10:10:22 PM

Dev offline for weeks, price on low point.

As predicted, the exact thing happend:

Shitcoin without innovation. And you want to collect 110 BTC that will be frozen for a week? this is ridiculous....

E9800

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:53:44 PM

Dev offline for weeks, price on low point.

As predicted, the exact thing happend:

Shitcoin without innovation. And you want to collect 110 BTC that will be frozen for a week? this is ridiculous....

Now the old Developer is out of the way and we are moving forward.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: