Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:41:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s2 kit  (Read 1584 times)
rkinnin (OP)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:12:23 PM

I noticed today that Antminer is now selling an s2 "kit". 

Surely the kit will cut down on their shipping cost and labor time for assembly. 

I am curious how the market feels about having to build your own box. 

What sort of PSU would you use and do you plan on installing the kit into a case as well? 
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:17:44 AM

Surely the kit will cut down on their shipping cost and labor time for assembly. 

What sort of PSU would you use and do you plan on installing the kit into a case as well? 

Probably get more replies if you post in the Hardware forum in the relevent thread.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
rkinnin (OP)

Activity: 316

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:17:38 PM

Probably get more replies if you post in the Hardware forum in the relevent thread.

Thanks - I appreciate the advice...I am still getting used to the forum. 
Aurum

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 03:59:47 PM

I made the mistake of buying two of their DIY "kits" which I'd call spare parts kits. I thought it would be sans PSU and not assembled, but, there's no case. The blades were not tested before shipping and you have to swap them all around because some run in some I/O Board slots and not others. The only good thing is that I get to use a good quality Corsair AX1200 PSU instead of the junky under powered PSU they provide. Also, you only get 2 fans instead. It's a total ripoff since they leave out about $250 in parts and only discount it about $100 and you're left with a breadboard miner that you cannot stack. I'll never buy anything they call a "kit" again  Angry

ghghghfgh
Coopster8888

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:41:12 PM

for the price differance i would just tell you to pay for the already built one..not much more and dont have to get a PSU or case

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: