Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:34:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: After reviewing the features and sleekness of the space glasses would you buy them over Google Glass?
Yes
No
I don't care

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Meta Space Glasses Pro vs Google Glasses  (Read 1999 times)
d2dtk (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:39:58 AM

So these glasses look amazing and have some really incredible features. If I had the money or if the accepted bitcoin I would pre order them in a second.

Tell me your thoughts about the glasses...

Info @ https://www.spaceglasses.com

acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:29:13 AM

I'd rather have anything besides Google Glasses. Really, Google Glass is another mirror for Google to use what they're known for - using their keen ear and spying on people.
d2dtk (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:55:04 AM

I'd rather have anything besides Google Glasses. Really, Google Glass is another mirror for Google to use what they're known for - using their keen ear and spying on people.

They're good at what they do Smiley

sj2199

Activity: 797
Merit: 500

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:53:25 AM

i would buy both of them.. if had money

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:06:35 AM

Wow!

Only $3,650.00??

I am going to pre order Cheesy
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:00:46 AM

I think Google Glass would be supported longer term. Better software and apps for it in the future. I really should pick up a pair pretty soon, I was accepted into the explorer program ages ago (like 6+ months ago). Shame I didn't buy them then  Cry

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:48:51 AM

Google Glasses any day.

Firstly , the Google glasses cost less than half of these and that is only the dev edition.
The consumer edition is planned to start at way lower prices.

I don't really want to cover most of my field of vision , I want to be able to walk around , see normally and also have a nice side smart computer in my glasses that can help me. Meta Space Glasses cover too much and would probably not be safe for using on the move. The Google glass has shade implants and corrective lens implants are in development ! This will make it a near invisible computer which will be on the corner of your normal looking glasses , while Meta Space Glasses will be larger, bulkier and will have to be worn seperately.

What they don't seem to get correctly is , I don't want to mine alt-coins when I'm out nor play hard core video games. I want a simple , light device that can help me while not making my wallet too light.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
d2dtk (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:40:59 PM

Google Glasses any day.

Firstly , the Google glasses cost less than half of these and that is only the dev edition.
The consumer edition is planned to start at way lower prices.

I don't really want to cover most of my field of vision , I want to be able to walk around , see normally and also have a nice side smart computer in my glasses that can help me. Meta Space Glasses cover too much and would probably not be safe for using on the move. The Google glass has shade implants and corrective lens implants are in development ! This will make it a near invisible computer which will be on the corner of your normal looking glasses , while Meta Space Glasses will be larger, bulkier and will have to be worn seperately.

What they don't seem to get correctly is , I don't want to mine alt-coins when I'm out nor play hard core video games. I want a simple , light device that can help me while not making my wallet too light.

I like being able to Iron Man multiple screens around then merge them etc space glasses go go!

l77l88l99

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:32:43 AM

I want to buy both Meta Space Glasses Pro and Google Glasses if I have a lot of bitcoin......
oli123123
Legendary

Activity: 1445

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:26:25 PM

Space Glasses are pretty expensive, so i'd choose Google Glasses.
efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:45:08 PM

Don't forget google can invest and integrate the entire company infrastructure to support their product.
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:57:06 PM

Honestly both products kind of scare me. There is going to be no privacy left in the world very soon...
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:54:08 PM

Google glass will be the most supported and adopted among them, simply because it's a worlwide adopted brand.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dundee

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:02:29 AM

In future, I suppose in theory, Google Glass can actually be converted to a software app and and display permanently on the top right side of Meta glass as a window that can operate within Meta Glass, just the same as Google Glass does today on its own hardware. That shouldn't be too hard to convert as an app by google. And it would be a good idea given Google has the knowledge base and Meta has the better augmented tech. All this is assuming that Google doesn't buy-out and take over Meta Glass in the mean time, like Facebook did Oculus Rift.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 01:05:51 AM

Honestly I know we fantasize about this kind of thing in sci-fi and stuff but I don't see much point in it, what's the difference between pressing a button and saying what you want to do out loud? Neither is particularly difficult and frankly, less can go wrong with a button than it can with this voice control technology.
Dundee

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:17:12 AM

the say what you want tech is much easier and less human effort than the push button tech that required physical effort to get it to do something. The talk tech will only be easier if they can get it to as perfect as possible. This may still be a while away, but when they get it right it will be much faster and easier than typing.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:27:26 AM

Google will still have them beat. Even with better specs / better looks / better etc... google will still win just because the google play market.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 01:42:37 AM

the say what you want tech is much easier and less human effort than the push button tech that required physical effort to get it to do something. The talk tech will only be easier if they can get it to as perfect as possible. This may still be a while away, but when they get it right it will be much faster and easier than typing.

It's a fucking button for fucks sake, it isn't fucking difficult to learn, the only excuse you have for not being able to use button based technology is having no use of your fingers god fucking damnit. In case you didn't know, this kind of thing is a pet hate of mine, it's like claiming that opening a door is difficult and it needs to be automated you fucking lazy assholes.
Dundee

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:25:10 AM

It'll be nice if you could open that fucken door with your mind instead of your hand. Its not a matter of laziness dude, its a matter of progress!!! The next time you want to travel somewhere, rather than take a bus or drive, maybe you better just walk there! Especially if its more than say 50 miles away. You know why? Because its better for your health!! Well people like you that are set in their own way and don't endorse progress are better off remaining in the stone ages!!! Join the AmisH dude! And don't fucking swear to attempt to get your point across!
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:29:07 AM

It's a fucking button for fucks sake, it isn't fucking difficult to learn, the only excuse you have for not being able to use button based technology is having no use of your fingers god fucking damnit. In case you didn't know, this kind of thing is a pet hate of mine, it's like claiming that opening a door is difficult and it needs to be automated you fucking lazy assholes.

There's actually a lot of great uses for google glass and wearable tech. For example, a wearable watch that can detect your blood pressure / pulse. If you have an abnormal pulse or something, it can alert you and maybe even alert someone close to you (relationship wise) to let them know you MAY be in trouble. Obviously, it could be even configured to contact emergency services right away (especially if you were at very high risk for a heart attack or something).

Wearable tech is the future, and I'd really like to see it implemented. There are just so many great cases for the glasses.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: