Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:34:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which method can I use to effectively convert fiat to Bitcoin in my scenario ?  (Read 693 times)
jambola2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:14:45 PM

I'm currently in Dubai and have been trying to convince some of my friends to buy BTC.

I've gotten some attention but most of them are asking me for Bitcoin for physical fiat (the currency is AED)
I can decline and tell them to just try to buy it online , but I'd rather help them.
How can I do this ? How exactly can I purchase Bitcoins in Dubai , with fiat ?

Any suggestions ? There are no great offers on localbitcoin either , most have really high fees as compared to current USD cost.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coinsera

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:28:04 PM

I'm currently in Dubai and have been trying to convince some of my friends to buy BTC.

I've gotten some attention but most of them are asking me for Bitcoin for physical fiat (the currency is AED)
I can decline and tell them to just try to buy it online , but I'd rather help them.

Any suggestions ? There are no great offers on localbitcoin either , most have really high fees as compared to current USD cost.

I understand that you are in an odd situation but I can't help on this.
Please if anyone can help.

Thanks
redwhitenblue

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:56:28 AM

Do you have any BTC yourself currently? If so then you could take cash/fiat from your friends and transfer your BTC to an address that your friends control/specify. Then when you return to a more "friendly" place that you can purchase BTC you can use the fiat to replenish your "supply" of BTC if you desire. You did not specifically say that you are in Dubai temporarily but I did get the impression that you are.

It appears that there are western union locations in Dubai. Another option would be to use localbitcoins to purchase BTC when the seller is accepting payment via western union. I am fairly certain that you could send US dollars to the US (or elsewhere) via western union. You should not do this if you are not comfortable with the risks, and/or do not understand the risks of doing this as even though localbitcoins does utilize escrow, it is not perfect.
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 01:31:12 AM

localbitcoins seems to be the best option as of now or may be you can open a thread in Marketplace and someone might exchange BTC for $ using an escrow service and you can take money from your friends and transfer Bitcoins in their account.

I also heard of a Coinbase/Circle like service called http://bitoasis.net/ which is still in beta phase, you can check them out or ask your queries to them at https://twitter.com/bitoasis and see if you can purchase some bitcoins from them.

RainMan28

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:06:14 AM

Maybe try buying some BTC on the #bitcoin-OTC IRC channel on Freenode. A lot of people buy/sell there daily and may have better rates than some localbitcoins person.

Just a thought. Good luck!

BTC: 18BEi5vPrPPYETiQt5eG9Sjjyt9DHorfYq
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:31:48 PM

LBC serves an important role in our crypto world.

You are making a trade off.

You are paying higher fees for the convenience.

Here is my solution: just pay the fee.

Boom.
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:22:51 PM

Why dont you try to look for an exchange in your area.. i mean if you cant buy from bitstamp, try searching for another one.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:24:53 PM

Post an Ad buying Bitcoins through Western Union, and use DannyHamilton as Escrow. DannyHamilton is in the top 5 Escrow agents on Bitcointalk. It's literally impossible to get scammed as the MTCN code for WU tracks the order from being sent, to waiting for pickup, to received. And if anything comes up you can call Western Union and they will give you all the details of the transaction from who it was sent to, to where it was sent., as long as you keep the receipt with the MTCN and other details on it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: