Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:09:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S2 Red light on Beaglebone Controller  (Read 1882 times)
Fassade (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:36:50 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 12:39:27 AM by Fassade

Hi there,

I got this problem: the blue LCD don't show anything and the red light is on and the Beaglebone don't show the blue light, only a red light, like the LCD. And no answer from Bitmain.

But serching, I find the troubleshoot for this, here in bitcointalk.

We need a MicroSD 4Gb Class 10 recommended, maybe could be used one of 2Gb, I get a 4Gb Class 4
I use Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and MicroSD to SD Adapter

Before proceeding, power off your AntMiner S2 after a few minutes, and then power on and wait for a minute, to see if the same behavior continues. If doesn't works, you could continue.

Here the steps for Windows:

- Download this files: Win32Imager and SDFormatter https://www.mediafire.com/?ud7js96s4j1jl5c and AntMiner S2 Image http://www.mediafire.com/download/p64ggw7sxypl649/bitmain.img.zip

- Install SDFormatter and open. Select the correct drive letter for the MicroSD, open options and select Format Size Adjustment ON and now, press Format, the MicroSD must be on FAT32.

- Extract Win32Imager and the bitmain.img. Open Win32 Disk Imager and select the MicroSD letter on Device, click the left folder icon and select the bitmain.img. Now, press Write.

Once the image was written, extract the MicroSD with security, open your AntMiner S2, remove one or two blades for easy installation and change the MicroSD, put in back the modules, and now power on PSU and wait for about 40 seconds, the red light will stay be for a while and then, going to works. Now setup your AntMiner S2  Grin

Thanks to RaskaRuby and stewdk

Sorry for my english.

Regards!
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hektur

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:22:11 AM

Bitmain is on a break for traditional Chinese festivals.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:30:58 AM

Try powering off, waiting and powering it back on.  If you're buying a new sd card, get a class 10.
Fassade (OP)

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:35:19 AM

Bitmain is on a break for traditional Chinese festivals.

Yep, they respond me but nothing referred about the solution.

Try powering off, waiting and powering it back on.  If you're buying a new sd card, get a class 10.

You are right, I must added. Thanks
Henchman24

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:50:23 AM

Hi there,

I got this problem: the blue LCD don't show anything and the red light is on and the Beaglebone don't show the blue light, only a red light, like the LCD. And no answer from Bitmain.

But serching, I find the troubleshoot for this, here in bitcointalk.

We need a MicroSD 4Gb Class 10 recommended, maybe could be used one of 2Gb, I get a 4Gb Class 4
I use Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and MicroSD to SD Adapter

Before proceeding, power off your AntMiner S2 after a few minutes, and then power on and wait for a minute, to see if the same behavior continues. If doesn't works, you could continue.

Here the steps for Windows:

- Download this files: Win32Imager and SDFormatter https://www.mediafire.com/?ud7js96s4j1jl5c and AntMiner S2 Image http://www.mediafire.com/download/p64ggw7sxypl649/bitmain.img.zip

- Install SDFormatter and open. Select the correct drive letter for the MicroSD, open options and select Format Size Adjustment ON and now, press Format, the MicroSD must be on FAT32.

- Extract Win32Imager and the bitmain.img. Open Win32 Disk Imager and select the MicroSD letter on Device, click the left folder icon and select the bitmain.img. Now, press Write.

Once the image was written, extract the MicroSD with security, open your AntMiner S2, remove one or two blades for easy installation and change the MicroSD, put in back the modules, and now power on PSU and wait for about 40 seconds, the red light will stay be for a while and then, going to works. Now setup your AntMiner S2  Grin

Thanks to RaskaRuby and stewdk

Sorry for my english.

Regards!

I just recently had this happen on my one Batch 1.  This is the correct course of action.

For some reason, the few available images (from this post in dogie's S2 setup thread, etc) wouldn't work for me - still got the solid red light on BBB, no blues at all.

I had to actually take the microSD card out of one of my newer working S2s and used Win32DiskImager's Read function to create my own .img file.

The LED panel remains dim on mine btw.  No biggie, just tough to read.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:29:33 AM

you can try just pulling the sd and reinserting it - that does work sometimes  but agree on class10 over any other class.

also you can adjust the screen brightness using the dial either on the back of the panel on earlier batches or under the sticker/label/faceplate on newer models.

there are images somewhere - more than likely the main s2 thread but i couldnt find at this moment

has anyone noticed any 'dwindledown' on any of their s2's?

my batch 4 seems to love dropping down to 8xxGH/s but goes right back up to 1xxxGH/s after a power cycle...
Grayson5

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:11:19 PM

Just want to add that I had the same problem today after a circuit tripped and one of my S2's wouldn't start up.  Same issues as noted above.  I tried reflashing a microSD card I had from my phone but that didn't work.  So I reflashed the microSD card from the S2. 

That solved the problem!

Thanks for the solution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: