Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:14:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spend times with the ones you love!  (Read 271 times)
leex1528 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:05:12 AM

So not much of a talker, and haven't slept in around 30 hours.  But here it goes.

Spend times with the ones you love.  I lost my grandpa last night and it truly hurts.  A lot of people have asked me today if I was close with my grandpa.  I guess I didn't really realize people weren't close with their family.  I have known him since day 1, he has scolded me, lectured me, given me hugs, cared for me, fed me, done anything in the world for me.  Of course I am close with him.  I see him usually twice a year, and I did get to see him 2 weeks ago, so that is a sort of good bye I got to say. 

This got me thinking today, why did I selfishly choose to not see him more.  Was it so important I couldn't call him at least once a week and let him I know I was thinking of him?  Was it so hard to maybe plan a weekend to visit him?  I took him for granted is the simple answer.  He was grandpa, how could he die? 

I'm not really sure why I am writing this.  I guess I just hope you guys read this and remember how important family is.  It may not seem like much, but call them once in awhile and check in, let them know you care about them.  It may not seem like its that much to you, but I bet your family would absolutely love it!

Long story short, you don't know how long any of us are going to be around.  Tell the ones you love how much they mean to you!

Rest in peace Grandpa, I love you.
aboo

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

First decentralized MLM system based on Blockchain

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:23:30 AM

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks for reminding me of what little time we have on this earth.  Tongue

IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:02:03 AM

Sorry for your loss OP.  My father passed away just over 4 years ago and I hadn't seen him in over a year.  Sure we talked often on the phone.  But you just think they are gonna be around forever and you'll get around to seeing them.  Made me rethink my relationship with a lot of family and friends.

I make sure to talk to my mother every day and tell her that I love her every time we say goodbye to each other. Didn't do that with my father and I still have some guilt that I didn't say it the last time we talked.

It's a sobering reminder from time to time how quickly life can drastically change from the death of a family member or friend.

Again OP, sorry for your loss, but it will get easier as time passes.
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:14:22 AM

My condolences....

Good advice. We often forget to do what's really important while we waste our time on trivialities.  Death is such a shock to the system.

Thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: