Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:58:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Here Uses CEX.IO  (Read 1822 times)
youbob (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:33:23 AM

Greetings,
Just a question that floated on my mind tonight, but I was wondering who here uses Cex.io? I have been with the cloud hash mining site for about a few months. I treat mining for bitcoins kind of like a hobby, or a game. My every few weeks to see how much more bitcoins I can earn and generate. I start out with those .333 ghz usb block erupter. I bought 5 of them for about 15 bucks brand new in early January 2014. I set my computer on to mine for bitcoin until I reached around 0.01 btc. Then I combine that amount another 0.03 btc gain form using faucets.

I stop using the block erupter, because of the very low rate of income(wasn't hoping for hundreds of dollars) and mostly, because they ran very hot, and my computer eats ups a lot of juice as well,I think people should be mining for bitcoin, and it needs to be mined in order for it to stay alive, but I personally thing Cex.io was a good choice for me to start mining because of the fact I don't pay a huge electric bill nor do I risk burning down my house form a failed erupter.  I switch over to cloud hashing so that I could mine 24/7 without paying for a lot of money. The rate during the time that I join was about 0.4 btc of 1 ghs. It went up as high as 0.5 btc per ghs, then crashed down to where it is now 0.007 btc per ghs. I started out with 1.5 ghs, got tried of trying to gain more ghs through pumps and dumps, so then I just left it alone. For weeks I kept going around the hamster wheel with those bitcoin faucets, and came back to the site. I can't remember how much btc that I traded in for, but now I'm at a 9.6 ghz.

Also, there were some crazy last minute investing in what CEX had called bidding on the futures, but now they have stop using the feature. Maybe because the future prices of btc for ghs never rose more than what was being traded. So a lot of people would buy futures ghs for a cheap price, and gain more ghs at end of every month.

I think if anyone wants to use this service they should either buy some bitcoins and send it over to their btc address in cex, or use faucets.

Well sorry if this post seems to be a bit rushed, but that's all I can recall about my experiences in using CEX.io     

BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:38:45 AM

Greetings,
Just a question that floated on my mind tonight, but I was wondering who here uses Cex.io? I have been with the cloud hash mining site for about a few months. I treat mining for bitcoins kind of like a hobby, or a game. My every few weeks to see how much more bitcoins I can earn and generate. I start out with those .333 ghz usb block erupter. I bought 5 of them for about 15 bucks brand new in early January 2014. I set my computer on to mine for bitcoin until I reached around 0.01 btc. Then I combine that amount another 0.03 btc gain form using faucets.

I stop using the block erupter, because of the very low rate of income(wasn't hoping for hundreds of dollars) and mostly, because they ran very hot, and my computer eats ups a lot of juice as well,I think people should be mining for bitcoin, and it needs to be mined in order for it to stay alive, but I personally thing Cex.io was a good choice for me to start mining because of the fact I don't pay a huge electric bill nor do I risk burning down my house form a failed erupter.  I switch over to cloud hashing so that I could mine 24/7 without paying for a lot of money. The rate during the time that I join was about 0.4 btc of 1 ghs. It went up as high as 0.5 btc per ghs, then crashed down to where it is now 0.007 btc per ghs. I started out with 1.5 ghs, got tried of trying to gain more ghs through pumps and dumps, so then I just left it alone. For weeks I kept going around the hamster wheel with those bitcoin faucets, and came back to the site. I can't remember how much btc that I traded in for, but now I'm at a 9.6 ghz.

Also, there were some crazy last minute investing in what CEX had called bidding on the futures, but now they have stop using the feature. Maybe because the future prices of btc for ghs never rose more than what was being traded. So a lot of people would buy futures ghs for a cheap price, and gain more ghs at end of every month.

I think if anyone wants to use this service they should either buy some bitcoins and send it over to their btc address in cex, or use faucets.

Well sorry if this post seems to be a bit rushed, but that's all I can recall about my experiences in using CEX.io     
I think leaving money on cex or buying their ghs is foolish but thats just my opinion like yours of cex.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
youbob (OP)

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:49:35 AM

I think leaving money on cex or buying their ghs is foolish but thats just my opinion like yours of cex.

What site would you use for cloud mining? Or would you rather just buy and sell btc.

BCwinning

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:58:20 AM

What site would you use for cloud mining? Or would you rather just buy and sell btc.
I haven't found a cloud mining service where you don't work for the company yet.
They all make more than you end up making in the end through fees.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:23:42 AM

I like PBMining. Could be a scam, but they payed me over half a bitcoin last night.

See link in signature.
Colonel32

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:30:28 AM

We use CEX.io / Ghash.io
Not a great amount, 46GH/s managed, and 4.5GH/s in 2x Antminer U2's on Stratum.

It gives us a steady return to spend on our advertising. Not much, but with Btc price rising as well, it seems fair.

We have no issues with site trust, or the costs of maintaining Gh/s, these seem realistic enough to maintain this as a going concern, in fact it's the sites that offer unrealistic returns that are most likely to fail.

If a mining business doesn't cover it's running costs, and make a reasonable profit, it will fail.
If a mining business gives unrealistic returns - It probably has a bad business model and will fail.
If a mining business offers ridiculous rates of return - It probably has no mining kit, so Just don't go near it.

CEX.io and Ghash.io are realistic in their maintenance prices, and that gives us confidence.
Theres an old adage -
If you spend too much, you can often lose a little money. If you spend too little, you can often lose everything.

ViK - Project Lead, Badbitcoin.org
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:07:45 PM

I like PBMining. Could be a scam, but they payed me over half a bitcoin last night.

See link in signature.
I just checked out the site - it looks like they host their rigs in the same province that I'm located in.

Kind of interesting, I wonder if they've ever let people into their facilities to actually see that they have hardware mining. I doubt they'd let anyone do that though.
pandit

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:11:45 PM

I just checked out the site - it looks like they host their rigs in the same province that I'm located in.

Kind of interesting, I wonder if they've ever let people into their facilities to actually see that they have hardware mining. I doubt they'd let anyone do that though.
may be you should ask to visit the facility and see their response once

BCwinning

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:48:16 PM

We use CEX.io / Ghash.io
Not a great amount, 46GH/s managed, and 4.5GH/s in 2x Antminer U2's on Stratum.

It gives us a steady return to spend on our advertising. Not much, but with Btc price rising as well, it seems fair.

We have no issues with site trust, or the costs of maintaining Gh/s, these seem realistic enough to maintain this as a going concern, in fact it's the sites that offer unrealistic returns that are most likely to fail.

If a mining business doesn't cover it's running costs, and make a reasonable profit, it will fail.
If a mining business gives unrealistic returns - It probably has a bad business model and will fail.
If a mining business offers ridiculous rates of return - It probably has no mining kit, so Just don't go near it.

CEX.io and Ghash.io are realistic in their maintenance prices, and that gives us confidence.
Theres an old adage -
If you spend too much, you can often lose a little money. If you spend too little, you can often lose everything.

ViK - Project Lead, Badbitcoin.org
you sound like you are on their payroll. I have no qualms with a company making a profit.
THey seem to make sure you get very little of the profit if any.
But whatever makes you happy is all that matters.

Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:59:23 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 04:47:54 PM by Chrithu

Well to be honest I stopped using CEX.IO/Ghash.IO cloudhashing because their fees are VERY intransparent. They claim on the frontpage that the fees would amount to 0.26$/GH/month. But then the fee is collected with every mined block magically linked to the shares your ghash in their cloud provided for the block. In the end the fees ate 90% of the mined BTC and the actual calculation how they determine the fee per block and make sure it doesn't sum up to more than 0.26$ per GH/month was nowhere to be found. The profit I made from them I made through trading. I bought the FHM (Future Hashing contracts, they sell when they actually add more actual physical mining hardware) VERY cheap and sold with 30% profit two weeks later.

And that is about the only thing I would hold in their favor: Their cloud hashing model allows you to make profit from trading rather than actually using it for mining.

wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:17:39 PM

I have been having much more consistent payouts since I moved there after over a year at BTCGUILD. Since they are so large they don't get hung up on bad blocks for as long letting you get more rounds in during a single difficulty period.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:23:23 AM

Cex is good only for insiders. If you buy their GHs, you will lose money. Guaranteed. I bought some GHS in December 2013 at 0.075 BTC/Ghs and pointed my rigs at their pool (ghash.io) and it seemed to be fine at first. Over time, GHs tanked and tanked. I got out at 0.0075 BTC/Ghs. In short, my loss was 1000%. Luckily their pool seemed to find blocks faster than other pools. I still have about 50 MHs there and split my Antminers (S1) to their pool and btcguild. I do NOT recommend anyone to buy GHs at CEX; it's a losing proposal.
pumawolf

Activity: 968

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:17:07 AM

to me cex is a trading site, not a true mining site. if u treat cex  like a cloudmining site  ur wallet will not be happy.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 11:59:02 PM

may be you should ask to visit the facility and see their response once
Their facilities aren't in my province, it turns out that only their main office is.

Still, I guess seeing a real office could possibly provide some proof that it isn't just run out of somebody's basement.
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:43:04 AM

CEX is the best IMO, but cloud mining and mining in general is unprofitable.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:25:46 AM

CEX is the best IMO, but cloud mining and mining in general is unprofitable.
No worries, there are people working to change it. Smiley
Soon you won't have to worry whether you'll get a profit or not, you'll have it guaranteed.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:36:12 AM

i have used cex.io few months ago
since their fee increasing and they add fee for trading, i decided to stop using cex.io
cashout my GHS and invest in another site.
Anyone get ROI after invest there?

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:24:49 PM

to me cex is a trading site, not a true mining site. if u treat cex  like a cloudmining site  ur wallet will not be happy.

ure wrong buddy, cex mining servers are awesome, and definetly a recommendation to any miner.
Note that you also have ghash.io multipool, which is operating nicely for us who are not even bitcoin miner, but altcoin speculators Smiley
TheDragonSlayer

Activity: 273

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:27:21 PM

Greetings,

The problem is, you pay electricity and maintenance charges on cex.io (its not free)

Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:03:28 PM

Greetings,

The problem is, you pay electricity and maintenance charges on cex.io (its not free)

It is not so much fees, but rather the actual costs with advantages of an economy of scale. This would probably be less then if you were to mine on your own (disregarding local differences in the cost of electricity)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: