Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who will win the 2014 Stanley Cup
New York Rangers - 4 (50%)
L.A. Kings - 4 (50%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Stanley Cup Final 2014. Who do you want to win and why?  (Read 2302 times)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:01:21 AM

Hopefully the Kings can close it out Friday. If not, look out!  Shocked

What a game! It was great to see my Kings close it out and win the cup for the 2nd time in 3 years. Hats off to king Henrik for a terrific series. He kept the Rangers in each and every game.

Yeah such a crazy game. The Kings were definitely the team of destiny this year after coming back from being down 0-3 games in that early series.  I think the goalie should have gotten the MVP though!

how often does that happen in hockey? sounds like more often than in basketball.. i don't think any team in the nBA has come back from 0-3.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LavaWave

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:13:34 AM

What a game! It was great to see my Kings close it out and win the cup for the 2nd time in 3 years. Hats off to king Henrik for a terrific series. He kept the Rangers in each and every game.

Yeah such a crazy game. The Kings were definitely the team of destiny this year after coming back from being down 0-3 games in that early series.  I think the goalie should have gotten the MVP though!

how often does that happen in hockey? sounds like more often than in basketball.. i don't think any team in the nBA has come back from 0-3.

To be perfectly honest with you, I have no idea. I believe the 1940 something Toronto Maple leafs did it against the Red Wings. At least I think I remember seeing a story on that during the series. I also believe Mike Richards, when he was with the Flyers was involved in a series like that as well. Don't hold me to that though.  Wink

░░  ░░░     ░░░▒▒░░░░
          ░▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▒░░░░    ░░▒░░░░
      ░▒▓▓░▒▓▓░░▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▒     ░░▓▒░
     ░░░▒▒      ░░░ ░▒▓▓▓░░░▒▓▒  ░░▒░░
    ░▓▓░  ░░░░░       ░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓▓ ░▓▓▒░ 
    ░░░ ░░░░░░░          ░░▓▓▓▓▓ ░▒▒░░ 
   ░▒▓░  ░░░░░░            ░░░░░ ▒▓▓▒░
    ░▒▒░   ░░                   ▒░░░░
     ░░░ ░░░░░░              ░░▓▓▓▒░
        ░░░░░░░           ░▒▒▒░░▒░░
          ░░░░      ░░░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░
          ░░░░░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▒░░▒▓▒░░
           ░░░░░  ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
            ░░░░░░  ░▒▓▒░░  ░░░
             ░░░░░░░      ░░░
               ░░░░░░░░░░░░░
                   ░░  ░░
  COSS.IO
Crypto One Stop Solution
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
..⧉ Multi-Wallet  ⧉ Exchange   ⧉ Merchant Platform
       COSS Token - An ERC20 based Token - revenue generating cryptocurrency     
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
..  ICO Details   
Whitepaper         ANN
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
aboo

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

First decentralized MLM system based on Blockchain

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:42:49 AM

Wait so who won? I didnt follow this.. I`m repping for LA though.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:04:39 AM

Wait so who won? I didnt follow this.. I`m repping for LA though.

LA Kings took the prize again this year.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/l-a-kings-win-2014-stanley-cup/
IamCANADIAN013 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:30:47 AM

It has happened 3 times in the playoffs in the NHL. Once during the Stanley Cup Final.

Toronto came back from 3-0 down in the 1942 SCF against Detroit.  In 1975 the New York Islander came back from being 3-0 down against Pittsburgh in the 2nd round of the playoffs.  Lastly, The Philadelphia Flyers came back from being down 3-0 to the Boston Bruins in the 2010 Conference Finals.

You gotta feel sorry to the Rangers. Losing 3 games in OT that could have very easily gone the other way.  That is gonna sting for a while.

Congrats to the Kings though, 2 cups in 3 years is damn impressive! Gonna be front runners again next year.

valog123

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:03:57 AM

L.A Kings .Im from Slovenia and Kopitar too
IamCANADIAN013 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:54:44 AM

L.A Kings .Im from Slovenia and Kopitar too

As it has been stated above, The Kings won the Stanley Cup on Saturday night.

Guess it's time to lock the thread.  Here's to looking to the 2014-2015 season.  I'm sure the Kings will be a front runner again next year.  Hopefully the Canucks can make some moves this off season and make a run.  Don't think they can win the Cup, but I'd like to see them make the playoffs.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: