Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AntMiner S1 Wireless Help  (Read 1371 times)
Prana199 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:25:40 AM

Hi. I have an antminer s1 and I am currently plugged into the router through ethernet. I want to move my antminer to another room and run it on wireless as I have attached a wireless antenna onto it. While i am connected on ethernet, I have attempted to setup the wireless and it has been successfully done. I can even login when i type the wireless ipv4 address in. I can also see data being sent and received on the interface as well... However, as soon as I unplug the ethernet cable and move to a different room, my antminer won't connect to the internet. When on ethernet, I have seen that there are settings on the wireless interface and it is on unmanaged. Please help as i need to move this antminer to another room as soon as possible. Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:39:40 AM

I did not try the wifi on the S1, but have used one over a powerline adapter.  It is probably a better solution than wifi.

Cheers
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:04:32 PM

Hi. I have an antminer s1 and I am currently plugged into the router through ethernet. I want to move my antminer to another room and run it on wireless as I have attached a wireless antenna onto it. While i am connected on ethernet, I have attempted to setup the wireless and it has been successfully done. I can even login when i type the wireless ipv4 address in. I can also see data being sent and received on the interface as well... However, as soon as I unplug the ethernet cable and move to a different room, my antminer won't connect to the internet. When on ethernet, I have seen that there are settings on the wireless interface and it is on unmanaged. Please help as i need to move this antminer to another room as soon as possible. Thanks!

I am using my S1 with WiFi with no issues. You should pay attention during configuration to have both Ethernet and WiFi interface configured on the same eg. DHCP or not. There is not possible have like mix there. I found a good explanation when setup mine. But I dod not bookmark it. I am sure you can use Google.

Hope it helps.
kpitti
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:14:04 PM

I am using my S1 with WiFi with no issues. You should pay attention during configuration to have both Ethernet and WiFi interface configured on the same eg. DHCP or not. There is not possible have like mix there. I found a good explanation when setup mine. But I dod not bookmark it. I am sure you can use Google.

Hope it helps.

i do not quite understand what to do... what do i need to exactly do to make my antminer run on wifi without ethernet cable?

OK, I suggest to start again from beginning to setup wifi on your Ant. I did quick search and found this post which can help you:
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/setting-up-antminer-s1-with-wi-fi-antenna.251394/page-2

Make sure, that when you turn on wifi and found your AP -> select it and push Save button. It take a while.
When still conected with Eth. cable check if you have your WiFi active - green.
Then you can disconnect cable and put WiFi IP to your browser - it should work.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 02:52:54 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355387.0

BillTech

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:37:08 AM

if its a newer miner there gateways are 192.168.1.99 *shrug*
kpitti
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:28:45 AM

Hope it helps.

i do not quite understand what to do... what do i need to exactly do to make my antminer run on wifi without ethernet cable?

OK, I suggest to start again from beginning to setup wifi on your Ant. I did quick search and found this post which can help you:
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/setting-up-antminer-s1-with-wi-fi-antenna.251394/page-2

Make sure, that when you turn on wifi and found your AP -> select it and push Save button. It take a while.
When still conected with Eth. cable check if you have your WiFi active - green.
Then you can disconnect cable and put WiFi IP to your browser - it should work.

This is what i have done:
1) Set up wifi under wwan interface.
2) Set wwan interface a static ip
3) Set wan (ethernet) interface to dhcp
4) Miner has been mining for 9 hours then with ethernet plugged in then i unplugged the ethernet cable and everything seems to keep running and i can see my shares updating on btcguild pool (i do not know if there is a slight delay in the update of latest shares). However i cannot login using the static ip! My router gateway is 192.168.0.1 and the static ipv4 address is set to 192.168.0.7 and is said to be connected on the router interface. BUT STILL CANT ACCESS INTERFACE OF THE ANTMINER!

i am going to test if the antminer automatically connects to the internet without the ethernet plugged in when i start it up. Is there any led to show that the wireless is connected or any way to configure an led to do so?

I think this is exactly issue. You can`t have wifi defined like static IP and wired Ethernet as DHCP. Use DHCP on both, do not mix.
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:47:05 PM

1. What router are you using?
2. Wifi settings from the router.
3. DHCP settings from the router.

I have not got an Antminer, never had. But I know for sure, that some older wifi dongles have issues with WPA/WPA2. Try to setup your Wireless network with WEP on B only mode or even without any security, to try and see, if your network settings are OK. You can take it from that point later on and try different security settings, and find out what causes your WiFi connection to fail.

I will try to help you out trough TeamViewer later, if you do not manage to do it yourself. Just calm down, and do one step at a time, to see where it stops working.

P.S. Are you familiar with basic network commands? ping, tracert? This can be very helpful in diagnosing, so you do not have to check your pool to see if you are connected or not.
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:18:11 AM

Hopefully yes, but I have told you, have not got an Antminer, never had one. Just give it a try.
kpitti
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:25:46 AM

1. What router are you using?
2. Wifi settings from the router.
3. DHCP settings from the router.

I have not got an Antminer, never had. But I know for sure, that some older wifi dongles have issues with WPA/WPA2. Try to setup your Wireless network with WEP on B only mode or even without any security, to try and see, if your network settings are OK. You can take it from that point later on and try different security settings, and find out what causes your WiFi connection to fail.

I will try to help you out trough TeamViewer later, if you do not manage to do it yourself. Just calm down, and do one step at a time, to see where it stops working.

P.S. Are you familiar with basic network commands? ping, tracert? This can be very helpful in diagnosing, so you do not have to check your pool to see if you are connected or not.
it is now working. I however now am thinking that my antenna is not working. The signal strength has not gotten stronger since i have put the antenna on as i have my antmienr sitting next to my router temporarily. I will however test if the antminer works in a further location on wifi. The question i have now is: if i unplug my antminer and psu and move it to another location, still very close to the router, will it automatically connect to the wifi without me having to reset and configure the settings all over again?

Yes, if all is saved it will reconnect after power on again. Do you have Male antena? What type of antena are you using? I am using this one: NET TP-LINK TL-ANT2405CL 2,4GHz 5dBi RSMA
kpitti
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:17:38 AM

Yes, if all is saved it will reconnect after power on again. Do you have Male antena? What type of antena are you using? I am using this one: NET TP-LINK TL-ANT2405CL 2,4GHz 5dBi RSMA

I bought my antenna off ebay. This is the link to the wireless antenna: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281219515495?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
[/quote]

The specs. are looking good. FYI I am using my Ant S1 with wifi, distance to AP is around 10meters and there are two walls in between. Still I have average signal on my Ant. May be it`s a problem with antena, if you detach antena completely is it getting worse?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: