Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:27:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-06-02] Yahoo! News: Meet the people trying to make Bitcoin happen in Washi  (Read 607 times)
Junko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:47:03 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 07:40:37 AM by Junko

*Edit: Date in title should read [2014-06-02] (not 20) I made a typo. My Lysdexia acting up again, sorry. -fixed (Thanks, odolvlobo)

Meet the people trying to make Bitcoin happen in Washington

http://news.yahoo.com/bitcoin-lobbyists-212631321.html

Instead of calling for bans, lawmakers have increasingly shown an interest in learning how best to regulate the market. Even Schumer, once a vocal advocate for using the force of the federal government to rid the nation of Bitcoin, appeared less aggressive during hearings last year.

“Listen,” Spanos added, “when the wheel was invented, did they know that there was gonna be a wheelbarrow? Or a bicycle? Or a train? Or a car? Did they know any of that? ... No, they just started laughing when it went rolling down the hill. ... We’re just trading the rewards on the protocol right now. Nobody knows what’s going to happen.”

Comments section is priceless.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jerfer

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:58:32 PM

Oh my Gawd, the comments. I've commented a few times to try to help explain a little bit about how Bitcoin works, but I can't do it alone. People like "kevin" who attempted to explain without using basic grammar probably hurt his cause more than it helped.

I've never seen so many people against Bitcoin in a comment section before.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:58:25 PM

at least there are 250 comments and people talk about it.   Wink

the mainstream has to be educated through the mass media and i saw alot of (good) change there.

FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:51:58 PM

"Commenter 8 minutes ago 0 0
In my opinion , anyone who supports this Bitcoin / Bitcon , should be tried for treason or moved from the US, and any business using this rant as a platform should be ban from doing business in the US. "

Cheesy

I'm not sure the Bitcoin economy wants the ignorant-superstitious-fearful-violent-sucking-up-to-power-mainstream on board.

Junko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:18:24 PM

Yeah, there are quite a few gems in the comments section. It's like deja vu to three years ago.
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:36:07 PM

Woe, y'all work fast. I just logged into Yahoo to check my email and saw this story. Thought I'd come on here and post it and was beat by a few hours.
Great job!
I love seeing more and more main stream organizations with features on Bitcoin!!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:45:30 PM

"Commenter 8 minutes ago 0 0
In my opinion , anyone who supports this Bitcoin / Bitcon , should be tried for treason or moved from the US, and any business using this rant as a platform should be ban from doing business in the US. "

Cheesy

LOL, that is awesome! What would cause someone to hate something so much? Something they clearly have no clue about. Poor guy. Must have a hard life with that attitude.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
barney_stinson

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:00:54 PM

Bitcoin has very little practical use for the average person. Since it is now impossible for an average person to "mine" any Bitcoins, the only people promoting it are the ones who have invested millions dollars of real money in the computers needed to "mine" it. What do you think about this?
Levis

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:02:25 PM

Just scrap idea. No country or anything to back it.
IMO, it is just another way to scam people.
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:38:32 AM

Bitcoin has very little practical use for the average person. Since it is now impossible for an average person to "mine" any Bitcoins, the only people promoting it are the ones who have invested millions dollars of real money in the computers needed to "mine" it. What do you think about this?

Kinda ignorant.
Bitcoin's greatest application (IMHO) is as a payment processing system. Imagine all the money an ebay seller can save by not having to give away 3% of their item (and shipping cost) to Paypal fees.
Paypal, Western Union, and credit card company, etc that charge 3%-30%  to help you make a payment or accept a payment are shaking in their boots over Bitcoin. Unlimited transactions for a fraction of a fraction of those fees.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: