Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:28:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Expect Decline: Silkroad suffering turmoil. Paxum lowers short-term confidence.  (Read 3770 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 09:45:02 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2012, 10:01:53 PM by Boss

I am reading some threads on the Silk Road and a lot of them are about sellers experiencing glitches in withdrawing their funds. The Paxum resignation could bring some bad psych to the mix.

Until sellers begin to be able to claim their Bitcoins and Silk Road proves to us that it is in order, we should expect a decline in Bitcoin confidence. There are unjustified rumors about Silk Road just letting Bitcoin funds roll-in and then stealing them all away in a MyBitcoin-like fashion.

We'll see what happens all in good time.

May I remind you that The Silk Road is the biggest economic market in the Bitcoin community.

Primary Source:

Quote from: Green Giant
12/02/2012 04:34:08 AM UTC - in 5hrs it will have been 72hrs since my transfer going missing, with only a reply from SR to apologies and say it will be sorted soon, this is not good enough, SR has left me stranded owing suppliers money & making me look bad to them. This is not the first time this has happened and doubt it will be the last. I have had many issues with SR in the last 2 months & this has to be the last straw,i am done with this!!

In 1-2 weeks time i am leaving SR for good, as i cannot work with my funds being held from me for 72hrs reducing in value & not knowing if i will ever even get them. it is evident from SR support's reply that they themselves can do nothing and they are waiting for DPR to come online and "sort" the situation which they claim will be tonight. the whole thing is an unprofessional joke & now many members on the forums are talking about receiving 10x the amount of BTC that they actually withdrew, WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

Whats the point in letting SR earn a commission on my sales when i don't actually get to see the BTC myself!!! DPR sort your shit out, this place has gone down hill so much, i use to like working from here now it is a chore & i hardly update my menu or list even a 1/3 of the items of have to hand.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 09:46:31 PM

Are you short, Atlas?
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 09:48:13 PM

Are you short, Atlas?

Well, the situation really doesn't look great right now.   Undecided  I might jump off at a move below $5.40.  Tongue

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 09:50:23 PM

Lol.... Is that kujoking/westcoastconnect/gurg2.0 who started that thread? The reason he claims he can't pay the loans he admitted to scamming out of lenders is because he's waiting for SR withdrawal. Wonder if SR admin knows of the situation and decided to freeze his BTC for a while to repay his kindness.
0ni0ns

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 09:51:32 PM

The withdraw issues were a software glitch, nothing more. I had >100 BTC "disappear" several times, on multiple accounts. One of them was newly created that day, perfect one to rip off if they were going to. But all issues were resolved within 48 hours.
N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 09:54:41 PM

Are you short, Atlas?

Well, the situation really doesn't look great right now.   Undecided  I might jump off at a move below $5.40.  Tongue
I agree now, although the break was manipulated, apparently it was valid. The next break would kill the long-term trend, and then I will have to bump my 94% thread. Sad

An interesting mix of MtGox outages, BTC not being deposited @Gox, subscribers dumping upon crash warning, HFT bot made that possible, I guess.

Once the long-term trend from 2 breaks, I think it will be important to keep Nagle’s advice in mind.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 09:59:23 PM

Ppl spreading FUD as usual and if not i hope no one expects we have a straight road to success.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 10:01:57 PM

Are you short, Atlas?

I agree now, although the break was manipulated, apparently it was valid. The next break would kill the long-term trend, and then I will have to bump my 94% thread. Sad

An interesting mix of MtGox outages, BTC not being deposited @Gox, subscribers dumping upon crash warning, HFT bot made that possible, I guess.

Once the long-term trend from 2 breaks, I think it will be important to keep Nagle’s advice in mind.

This.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 10:31:40 PM

Who is Nagle?

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 10:32:43 PM

I'll sum it up for you. Don't get stuck holding the bag. Get out while you can. This thing is over.
No, his most valuable contribution was a simple chart with 30d SMA. During the ride down, it never broke through it. It is starting to show the same behaviour now.

Just look up Nagle’s post history https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=28488;sa=showPosts

Who is Nagle?
Seriously though, why the Speculation forums now, Atlas?
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 10:48:30 PM

Are you short, Atlas?

Are you long Blitzboom?  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 10:49:52 PM

Are you short, Atlas?

Are you long Blitzboom?  Grin

I am.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 10:51:22 PM

See, there's a certain part of me that sorta wants Silk Road to die, if only so that the #1 use of Bitcoins isn't to buy illegal goods. But at the same time, it would seriously decrease the "exchanged value" underlying Bitcoin's fundamentals as a currency.

So I'm sorta conflicted!

I guess that if this is real and SR is on the way out (rather than it just being a scammer who's speaking first) the best thing to do for people who want Bitcoin to survive is to try to get more real exchange going on in the currency. Consult! Start a cottage business! Whatever you're good at!

The only thing that can really kill a currency is there being nobody who wants to sell stuff for it.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 10:55:02 PM

Silk road is just the prototype, when it falls, think hydra.

Competition will greatly improve things.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 11:10:03 PM

I am reading some threads on the Silk Road and a lot of them are about sellers experiencing glitches in withdrawing their funds. The Paxum resignation could bring some bad psych to the mix.

Until sellers begin to be able to claim their Bitcoins and Silk Road proves to us that it is in order, we should expect a decline in Bitcoin confidence. There are unjustified rumors about Silk Road just letting Bitcoin funds roll-in and then stealing them all away in a MyBitcoin-like fashion.

May I remind you that The Silk Road is the biggest economic market in the Bitcoin community.

Primary Source:

12/02/2012 04:34:08 AM UTC - in 5hrs it will have been 72hrs since my transfer going missing, with only a reply from SR to apologies and say it will be sorted soon, this is not good enough, SR has left me stranded owing suppliers money & making me look bad to them. This is not the first time this has happened and doubt it will be the last. I have had many issues with SR in the last 2 months & this has to be the last straw,i am done with this!!

In 1-2 weeks time i am leaving SR for good, as i cannot work with my funds being held from me for 72hrs reducing in value & not knowing if i will ever even get them. it is evident from SR support's reply that they themselves can do nothing and they are waiting for DPR to come online and "sort" the situation which they claim will be tonight. the whole thing is an unprofessional joke & now many members on the forums are talking about receiving 10x the amount of BTC that they actually withdrew, WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

Whats the point in letting SR earn a commission on my sales when i don't actually get to see the BTC myself!!! DPR sort your shit out, this place has gone down hill so much, i use to like working from here now it is a chore & i hardly update my menu or list even a 1/3 of the items of have to hand.

Bullshit! Post your source.

Intuition. Do you know of any other good or service that has greater demand?

payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 11:10:46 PM

I guess that if this is real and SR is on the way out the best thing to do for people who want Bitcoin to survive is to try to get more real exchange going on in the currency.

uuuh, how about just make a new 'SR'? or several
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 11:12:22 PM

Okay. Can you at least tell us where that Green Giant quote was posted?

I guess that if this is real and SR is on the way out the best thing to do for people who want Bitcoin to survive is to try to get more real exchange going on in the currency.

Certainly an option! It'd still create the general PR problems for Bitcoin that SR has brought us, but at least it'd be exchange.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 11:27:13 PM

Okay. Can you at least tell us where that Green Giant quote was posted?

Certainly an option! It'd still create the general PR problems for Bitcoin that SR has brought us, but at least it'd be exchange.

The Silk Road forums. Main board. First page.

I am not sure if this forum allows links to that place or not.

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 11:40:24 PM

Primary Source:

Bullshit! Post your source.

Oh, you’re using your refined sense of intuition. Well, never mind then. You have it all figured out.

I don’t know what the demand for SR is and neither do you Atlas. It’s impossible to compare the volume of an unknown quantity against something.

I assume you are talking to me?

The rain rang louder against my rooftop today than last week. It lasted a lot longer. There was certainly more rain today than the week before.

All you have to do is look at social statistics, BTC volumes and news to deduce that The Silk Road is Bitcoin's largest online market. It rings louder in these areas than other Bitcoin areas and thus likely has more Bitcoin usage.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 11:41:09 PM

waiting forward for the guys on SR to opensource their platform if shit hits the fan

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: