Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:02:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [HIRING] Developper(s) after a community take over  (Read 354 times)
Black Tongue (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:01:04 PM

Hi there,

Following H2Ocoin's owner (too busy IRL) and dev (finished work) departures, a few supporters (me included) decided to keep the journey going by taking over the coin. There is plenty of work to do : nearly dead hashrate, value next to none, site not up to date, cadaverous reddit and so on... This alt's current state is bad and we have to roll up our sleeves because we want to rebuild it believing in this coin's purpose (as a charity one).

Finding the charity aspect slightly under-valued and the current "anon - x11" hype a little too much, we would like to rebuild this alt because there is a true potential in this segment. Many alts have foundations, donate to NGOs or create charitable events but I'd like a coin with a donation process to its core and not as a side event. I think the previous owner had a great idea with this coin but I believe he didn't fully went with his idea because there's more to be done, IMO.

Otherwise and to be more complete, there is another existing altcoin in the "water charity" segment which name is Clean Water Coin (WATER) which surfed the h2o's wave a few weeks after the PRE-ANN early march, but thanks to a more dedicated and conscientious owner is nowadays best known (better value, bigger community) and more solid than H2O.

I appreciate what they are doing because they overcame some setbacks which could have been bad for them but managed to get back really well and are now at cruising speed. On top of that, they have a good marketing image ! But to me, as H2O was the first on that segment I decided to support H2O (principles I guess  Tongue) and that's why I'm looking for one or few devs to get the coin back on tracks. I also need to state that there is no beef between the two camps and that we can coexist.

New community dev team has plenty of ideas and already has a plan to reorient H2O as a charity coin to its core and not just it being a gimmick. But none of us know how to code in c++ (well at least, not wallet, blockchain and security stuff) and that's why we need devs to complete our team.

What we wish is at least one dev which will be interested in the project first (details and plan by PM), able to code, compile and having knowledge and skills to implement algos and security protocols. We'll wish to build something long-term, therefore we'll need somebody who will be dedicated and who won't quit once paid (which happened already). I don't know the specifics and it's possible that I'm not accurate enough in my description of the job but wholly, we need somebody able to build a coin.  Wink
Obviously, the dev will be paid as the job is difficult (it will up to him to decide whether he will be paid in H2O or BTC).

About myself, I can code html, css and some php and I'm not bad in Cgraphic design and CAD but I have no knowledge in other CS langagues...
If needed, you can check my post history and see that I mostly posted in the H2O ANN and that I tried to push the coin towards the charity side above since early may when I started being a little worried about the coin's future (even if there had been a 17.5 BTC donation to thewaterproject which convinced me of the coin's potential). I'm not interested by creating a new coin to surf whatever hype and that's why we want to rebuild the coin instead of creating a new one.

If interested or more details needed (about me, the team, the pay, the alt's history or our plan), you can join me by PM where I could be able to give you more infos (which I don't want public atm obviously, competition we know that :p). You can also join the H2O IRC (#h2ocoin on Freenode) where you would be able to directly discuss with the team and introduce yourself.

Thanks a lot  Smiley

Exchange with me on twitter : @BlackT0ngue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator