Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:49:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD APP SDK 2.6  (Read 21789 times)
Kohta (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 11:05:36 PM

Iv'e been trying to get AMD APP SDK 2.4 or 2.6 installed and it just is being a complete pain.

Iv'e tried uninstalling drivers/driver sweeper CCC11.8/11.9/11.11/11.12/12.1 with ZERO success in every kind fo order trying to get AMD APP SDK installed, If i have ATI stream SDK 2.1 installed before hand it will uninstall it and GUIMiner will say there is no OpenCL device installed and it will not detect the GPU's. uninstalling the CCC/driver sweeper/reinstalling drivers (any) with SDK 2.1 is the only thing i can do to get it to work at all, however it's slow in comparison to when i was able to successfully install it ONCE a few weeks ago, now it's just being a pain in the ass and i'm about ready to throw something.

I am not reinstalling windows again, i have installed enough drivers that i can say it has no effect on the success.

What's going on here? I can install 2.3 all day long and get 300MHash, 2.4+ gives 10-15 more MH/s per GPU and i can't seemt o get it installed.

Intel Core i7-2600K 4.5ghz @ 1.35v
GIGABYTE GA P67A UD5
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 @ 950mhz
[Crossfire]
Corsair AX 1200w Professional Series
Noctua NH-D14
Corsair Force 120GB SSD
Antec 1200v2
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
CCC 12.1 CAP 3
AMD APP (2.1)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kohta (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 11:21:26 PM

Nevermind i think (after all this frustraiting time) iv'e got a huntch

I have a feeling because my rig doesn't have a AMD processor i can't use "AMD APP SDK" meaning the only thing i can use is an old ATI Stream SDK.
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 11:32:35 PM

I have a feeling because my rig doesn't have a AMD processor i can't use "AMD APP SDK" meaning the only thing i can use is an old ATI Stream SDK.

Wrong. I have intel in half my rigs, amd app sdk works fine. you have a different problem.

driver sweeper won't uninstall sdk, you have to find the dlls manually and delete them

Kohta (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 11:37:16 PM

Wrong. I have intel in half my rigs, amd app sdk works fine. you have a different problem.

driver sweeper won't uninstall sdk, you have to find the dlls manually and delete them

Well let's narrow it down, are you using GUIMiner?
Kohta (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 12:25:28 AM

I tried installing AMD APP 2.6 again and it just does the same thing, it deletes stuff and makes the miners GUI/Phoenix display that i have no OpenCL divices, i have Intel OpenCL Installed too by the way. All the Motherboard chipset drivers installed, i have no idea whats wrong here, my AMD Sempron rig is acting the same way it's not installing 2.6 (The installer literally installs for 2-3 seconds and says it dones) after a restart same message "No supported devices, after i "try" to install 2.6 i have to completly uninstall my drivers and reinstall everything all over again because 2.1 will not install it's core files.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 12:54:58 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2012, 09:54:55 PM by deepceleron

I would do a manual clean of all ATI files, and then manually install exactly what you want.

1. In control panel -> programs and features, uninstall all AMD APP SDK/ATI Stream SDK items

2. In control panel -> programs and features, use the ATI Catalyst Install Manager and pick uninstall ALL ATI software.

3. Reboot into safe mode (beat on F8 when the computer restarts), and remove these files manually:
  • in \Program Files & \Program Files (x86): "ATI", "AMD APP", and "ATI Technologies" directories,
  • \AMD and \ATI directories

4. In \Windows\System32 and \Windows\SysWOW64, delete these driver files left behind (they will all have the same date):

amdocl.dll
opencl.dll
amdpcom32.dll
atimpc32.dll
atiu9pag.dll
atiuxpag.dll
atigktxx.dll
atiglpxx.dll
atiadlxx.dll
atiumdva.cap
atiumdva.dll
aticaldd.dll
atiumdag.dll
atiumdmv.dll
aticalcl.dll
aticalrt.dll
atioglxx.dll
atidxx32.dll
ati2edxx.dll
atimuixx.dll
atipdlxx.dll
atitmmxx.dll
atiesrxx.exe
atieclxx.exe
ATIDEMGX.dll
aticfx32.dll
atiapfxx.exe
atiapfxx.blb

5. In \windows\inf, open each oem??.inf files with notepad, any that are clearly for ATI Display, delete the inf and corresponding PNF files.

6. In administrative tools-> services, find any AMD/ATI services and set the startup type to manual. (I won't detail how to remove services now).

7. Restart, when windows prompts you to install video card drivers, cancel the wizards that come up.

8. Download and install the correct 11.6 driver from here: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/11-6_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

9. If it still quickly aborts, launch control panel -> system -> device manager. Identify the entries for your video cards (likely with an exclamation point icon). Double click on the item, on the driver tab, choose update driver or install driver, choose "browse my computer for driver software", and direct the installer to C:\ATI\Support\11-6_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF

10. If you manually installed drivers for all video cards, use windows explorer and browse to C:\ATI\Support\11-6_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl\Packages\Apps\OpenCL64, and run OpenCL.msi

11. Restart. Mine.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 01:56:52 AM

The linux 2.6 overrides two of the main ATI drivers.
(libaticalcl.so  libaticalrt.so) and the README.txt tells you to install any 12.1 driver AFTER the 2.6 SDK (since it overwrites those 2 files and they obviously must be pre 12.1)
So there may well be a similar issue on windows - but of course I don't know since I don't mine on windows.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
ssateneth
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 02:17:23 AM

Well let's narrow it down, are you using GUIMiner?

I used guiminer with 2.6 and 2.1, but you need 2 sdks installed in order for guiminer to see 2.1. I now use phoenix 2.0 beta which wont work with guiminer, but thats besides the point

ssateneth
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 02:19:46 AM

I tried installing AMD APP 2.6 again and it just does the same thing, it deletes stuff and makes the miners GUI/Phoenix display that i have no OpenCL divices, i have Intel OpenCL Installed too by the way. All the Motherboard chipset drivers installed, i have no idea whats wrong here, my AMD Sempron rig is acting the same way it's not installing 2.6 (The installer literally installs for 2-3 seconds and says it dones) after a restart same message "No supported devices, after i "try" to install 2.6 i have to completly uninstall my drivers and reinstall everything all over again because 2.1 will not install it's core files.

afaik, intel opencl is only for intel cpu tasks; might work for other hardware (amd cpu, amd gpu) but would likely be highly unpotimal and slow. same for amd app, its aimed for amd gpus, and likely is much slower for any other hardware. this is mostly educated guessing though

Kohta (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 03:34:45 AM

(libaticalcl.so  libaticalrt.so) and the README.txt tells you to install any 12.1 driver AFTER the 2.6 SDK (since it overwrites those 2 files and they obviously must be pre 12.1)
So there may well be a similar issue on windows - but of course I don't know since I don't mine on windows.

So you're saying install 2.6 first, then a pre-12.1 driver? or 2.6 and THEN 12.1? I'm noticing that it is 'overwriting' something because it actually deletes the 2.1 kernel but doesn't replace it.

I would do a manual clean of all ATI files, and then manually install exactly what you want.
1. In control panel -> programs and features, uninstall all AMD APP SDK/ATI Stream SDK items
2. In control panel -> programs and features, use the ATI Catalyst Install Manager and pick uninstall ALL ATI software.
3. Reboot into safe mode (beat on F8 when the computer restarts), and remove these files manually:
 - in \Program Files & \Program Files (x86)\: ATI, AMD APP, ATI Technologies directories
 - \AMD and \ATI directories
4. In \Windows\System32 and \Windows\SysWOW64, delete these driver files left behind (they will all have the same date):
amdocl.dll
opencl.dll
amdpcom32.dll
atimpc32.dll
atiu9pag.dll
atiuxpag.dll
atigktxx.dll
atiglpxx.dll
atiadlxx.dll
atiumdva.cap
atiumdva.dll
aticaldd.dll
atiumdag.dll
atiumdmv.dll
aticalcl.dll
aticalrt.dll
atioglxx.dll
atidxx32.dll
ati2edxx.dll
atimuixx.dll
atipdlxx.dll
atitmmxx.dll
atiesrxx.exe
atieclxx.exe
ATIDEMGX.dll
aticfx32.dll
atiapfxx.exe
atiapfxx.blb

5. In \windows\inf, open each oem??.inf files with notepad, any that are clearly for ATI Display, delete the inf and corresponding PNF files.

6. In administrative tools-> services, find any AMD/ATI services and set the startup type to manual. (I won't detail how to remove services now).

7. Restart, when windows prompts you to install video card drivers, cancel the wizards that come up.

8. Download and install the correct 11.6 driver from here: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/11-6_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

9. If it still quickly aborts, launch control panel -> system -> device manager. Identify the entries for your video cards (likely with an exclamation point icon). Double click on the item, on the driver tab, choose update driver or install driver, choose "browse my computer for driver software", and direct the installer to C:\ATI\Support\11-6_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF

10. If you manually installers drivers for all video cards, use windows explorer and browse to C:\ATI\Support\11-6_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl\Packages\Apps\OpenCL64, and run OpenCL.msi

11. Restart. Mine.

Thanks a bunch for all the info, i am going to try this last since i spent about 5 hours down today from wiping windows once already, and i have a loan to pay back so i'm trying to keep downtime to a min. Muchly appreciate that bulk of info though, i may end up having to do this.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 03:48:01 AM

(libaticalcl.so  libaticalrt.so) and the README.txt tells you to install any 12.1 driver AFTER the 2.6 SDK (since it overwrites those 2 files and they obviously must be pre 12.1)

So you're saying install 2.6 first, then a pre-12.1 driver? or 2.6 and THEN 12.1? I'm noticing that it is 'overwriting' something because it actually deletes the 2.1 kernel but doesn't replace it.

The linux 2.6 README.txt says that.

So in linux if you want to use a specific fglrx driver there is a catch:
Installing SDK 2.6 writes over the current fglrx driver - so you have to install the fglrx driver AFTER SDK 2.6 (or re-install the fglrx driver)
The docs saying >= 12.1 just means they don't want you running something older than the driver they added in 2.6 SDK has (which at a guess is probably something like 12.0)

Thus if you install old < 12.1 driver, then SDK 2.6, the SDK will update the driver.
If you want new >= 12.1 driver you must install the driver AFTER the 2.6 SDK.

Again - this is all how it works on linux but I guess it could be the same on windows

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Kohta (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 04:10:30 AM

Something i probably should have done to begin with, read the install notes, either way, this is the Windows install notes and i will report back with success/failure.

Installing the SDK
• Uninstall any prior AMD APP SDK (pre 2.6) you have on your system. To do this:

a. Reboot.

b. Use Programs and Features (Windows Vista or 7 SP1) to uninstall the prior SDK files.
Installation Notes 3 of 9

c. Manually remove any AMD APP directories under My Documents and under Program
Files or Program Files (x86).

d. Search for, and remove, all atiocl*, and amdocl*, and OVDecode* files on the system.

• If a version prior to SDK 2.6 is on your system, follow the uninstall directions above; then,
ensure that the previously generated temporary folder is also deleted. Paths to this folder are:
Vista and Win7 SP1 32-bit: C:\AMD\SUPPORT\streamsdk_2-5_win732
Vista and Win7 SP1 64-bit: C:\AMD\SUPPORT\streamsdk_2-5_win764

On Windows Systems
Step 1. Choose the AMD APP SDK .exe file appropriate for your system, and double-click it.
– For 32-bit Windows Vista and Windows 7 SP1 systems, choose
AMD-APP-SDK-v2.6-Windows-32.exe.
– For 64-bit Windows Vista and Windows 7 SP1 systems, choose
AMD-APP-SDK-v2.6-Windows-64.exe.
The extracted files are placed automatically into C:\AMD\SUPPORT\<name of file you
double-clicked.>\.

Step 2. If the setup program does not start automatically after the files have been extracted,
access the subdirectory of C:\AMD\SUPPORT\ with the extracted files, and double-click
Setup.exe. A welcome screen appears, prompting you to choose a language. The
default is English. Click Next. The Select Installation Operation screen appears.

Step 3. Click the install icon. The resulting screen lets you choose the type of installation, as
well as the default installation location.
Choosing Express installs:
– AMD APP SDK v2 Developer
– AMD APP SDK v2 Samples
– AMD APP SDK v2 Runtime
– AMD APP Profiler 2.4
– AMD APP KernelAnalyzer 1.10
Choosing Custom lets you select the components (Developer, Samples, Profiler,
KernelAnalyzer) to install. If you select Express, continue with Step 4. If you select
Custom, skip to Step 9.

Step 4. If you select Express and click Next, the End User License Agreement appears. Click
Accept. This causes a temporary “Analyzing System” screen to appear. The program is
detecting the type of graphics hardware and software currently installed on the system.
If an older version of one of the components is already installed, a warning appears,
indicating that the installation cannot continue before it is removed. (In this case, use
Program and Features (in Windows Vista or Windows 7 SP1) to remove the older
version of the component named above the lower progress bar.)

Step 5. When the InstallShield Wizard screen appears, click Next. This results in a prompt to
accept or change the default folder into which the extracted files are placed. Click Next.

Step 6. When the License Agreement appears, first click the button next to “I accept the terms
in the license agreement.” Then, click Next.
4 of 9 Installation Notes

Step 7. On the next screen, click Install to begin installing the SDK files. A progress bar
appears. After the installation is complete, a confirmation screen appears. Click Finish.
This completes the installation of the AMD APP SDK v2.6 files.

Step 8. When installation is complete, a confirmation screen appears. Click Finish. The
following steps are only if Custom was selected in Step 3.

Step 9. If you clicked Custom in Step 3., above, and click Next, a temporary “Analyzing System”
screen appears. The program is detecting the type of graphics hardware and software
currently installed on the system. After several seconds, the Customize Install screen
appears. This lets you specify which components you want to install. By default, all
three components are checked.

Step 10. Select the component(s) you want to install, and click Next. The End User License
Agreement appears. Click Accept.

Step 11. When the InstallShield Wizard screen appears, click Next. This results in a prompt to
accept or change the default folder into which the extracted files are placed. Click Next.

Step 12. A progress bar appears, followed by a confirmation screen that the installation is
complete. The log file can be seen by clicking on the View Log option. Click Finish to
complete the installation.

Manually Setting Environment Variables
If your environment variables become corrupted, ensure the proper settings for the following.
The AMDAPPSDKROOT variable must be set to:
C:\Program Files\AMD APP (for 32-bit systems)
C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP (for 64-bit systems)

If the default configuration was not used, modify the value to the location specified
during the installation.
The AMDAPPSDKSAMPLESROOT variable must be set to:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AMD APP\ (for Windows Vista or Windows 7 SP1)

If the default configuration was not used, modify the value to the location specified
during the installation.

The path variable must include:
$(AMDAPPSDKROOT)\bin\x86 (for 32-bit systems)
$(AMDAPPSDKROOT)\bin\x86_64 (for 64-bit systems)
$(AMDAPPSDKSAMPLESROOT)\bin\x86 (for 32-bit systems)
$(AMDAPPSDKSAMPLESROOT)\bin\x86_64 (for 64-bit systems)

NOTE: If Stream SDK 2.3 is installed, and then Catalyst Stream Edition 2.6 is installed (with
integrated runtime), the Developer MSI (from SDK 2.3) is uninstalled. In this case, it is necessary
to reinstall the AMD APP SDK 2.6 to retrieve development files. This results in the Developer
package being available for installation, but the Runtime package is greyed out because it is
already installed by Catalyst.
Kohta (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 07:19:35 PM

-guide-

So i followed the guide and everything worked out, except i have 3 GPU's in this machine and now it's only recognizing 2 of them (the one's in crossfire) when i disable crossfire it will only 'see' one of the GPU's, also using Phoenix 1.7.x

-k phatk2 VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=11 worksize=128 FASTLOOP=false
&
-k phatk VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=11 worksize=128 FASTLOOP=false

are 20MH/s slower than using SDK 2.3/CCC 12.1 per GPU (The onyl 2 it can see), in the device manager all of the GPU's are directed towards that folder.

I'm going to unfortunatly have to revert back and continue with 12.1/2.3

12.1/2.3 = 301MH/s
11.6 = 287MH/s

The third GPU is recognized in MSI Afterburner/Sapphire TRixx/GPU caps viewer/Windows Devices, but not GUIMiner as a usable device, i'm going to start up a thread quickly to see if i can get some information on CGMiner.
deepceleron
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 12:31:05 AM

-guide-

So i followed the guide and everything worked out, except i have 3 GPU's in this machine and now it's only recognizing 2 of them (the one's in crossfire) when i disable crossfire it will only 'see' one of the GPU's, also using Phoenix 1.7.x

&

are 20MH/s slower than using SDK 2.3/CCC 12.1 per GPU (The onyl 2 it can see), in the device manager all of the GPU's are directed towards that folder.

12.1/2.3 = 301MH/s
11.6 = 287MH/s

The third GPU is recognized in MSI Afterburner/Sapphire TRixx/GPU caps viewer/Windows Devices, but not GUIMiner as a usable device, i'm going to start up a thread quickly to see if i can get some information on CGMiner.

You have the wrong settings for your GPU for 11.6/2.4, and you were likely using 12.1/2.6 before, since 2.6 comes with that driver, gets installed in windows, and overrides whatever you thought you were running, and work OK with a smaller worksize.

-k phatk2 VECTORS AGGRESSION=12 worksize=256 FASTLOOP=false, plus underclock your GPU memory to 300Mhz or so. Remove the crossfire link if you are going to mine, and make sure each video card has a monitor connection (or dummy plug) plugged into it.

..or

Just install 12.1 (which installs it's SDK 2.6 runtimes), use the stock memory speeds, and with the latest Phoenix use:
-k phatk2 VECTORS4 AGGRESSION=12 WORKSIZE=64 FASTLOOP=False
Kohta (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 03:45:10 AM

-guide-

&

12.1/2.3 = 301MH/s
11.6 = 287MH/s

You have the wrong settings for your GPU for 11.6/2.4, and you were likely using 12.1/2.6 before, since 2.6 comes with that driver, gets installed in windows, and overrides whatever you thought you were running, and work OK with a smaller worksize.

-k phatk2 VECTORS AGGRESSION=12 worksize=256 FASTLOOP=false, plus underclock your GPU memory to 300Mhz or so. Remove the crossfire link if you are going to mine, and make sure each video card has a monitor connection (or dummy plug) plugged into it.

..or

Just install 12.1 (which installs it's SDK 2.6 runtimes), use the stock memory speeds, and with the latest Phoenix use:

Thanks Deep, i installed 12.1 again, with no SDK i have 1 set of devices which looks like this in GUIMiner (I tried to figure out how to run those other miners in Windows and it's a pain, i even asked for help and didn't get far, explained more at the end)

[0-0 Intel(R) Core (TM) i72600]
[1-0 Barts]
[1-1 Barts]
[1-2 Barts]
[1-3 Intel(R) Core (TM) i72600]
[1-4 Intel(R) Core (TM) i72600]
[1-5 Intel(R) Core (TM) i72600]
[1-6 Intel(R) Core (TM) i72600]
[1-7 Intel(R) Core (TM) i72600]
[1-8 Intel(R) Core (TM) i72600]
[1-9 Intel(R) Core (TM) i72600]

My Barts MH/s like this are ~278MH/s @ 950MHz

After Installing SDK 2.3 it looks more like this.

[0-0 Intel(R) Core (TM) i72600]
[1-0 Barts]
[1-1 Barts]
[1-2 Barts]
[1-3 Intel(R) Core (TM) i72600]
[2-0 Barts]
[2-1 Barts]
[2-2 Barts]
[2-3 Intel(R) Core (TM) i72600]

From what i can tell the first set of "Barts" is running on 2.3 which is what gives me the 301MH/s, the second set is 2.6 or whatever is in 12.1, which peaks at 278MH/s

Running the same flags at the same speed brought me to a solid 301MH/s using whatever Phoenix is in the August GUIMiner.

Now about other miners, i want to get away from GUIMiner since iv'e seen it's not being updated. But i use deepbit's pool since i started mining there back when it was much smaller than it is now and i try to stay loyal to one pool. The problem i'm running into is i can't find out how to get CGMiner (For example) to even recognize my GPU's, it sputs errors about not being able to initiate my GPU, the only real guides i found were for linux which doesn't help me at all, i already invested in system builder windows 7's and i'm going to use them, i can't figure out how to write a config file because many of the miners list examples that are not even in the format you would write it in! it's annoying to say the least, not everybody has programmer sense, your steps provided actually taught me that CCC and Driver Sweeper leave things behind which i now know if i ever have any issues with a driver not removing.

I was able to get the poclbm.py2exe to work after about an hour of "trying" different things to even connect to the pool.

So basically, i have reverted back to where i was when i started this thread, my entire intention was to install a higher SDK and use a different miner, but the down time in the last 48 hours has costed me big time, iv'e learned that the current SDK i have installed works extremly well with Phoenix in the GUIMiner, i have no clue how to set up or even get the actual phoenix miner running in windows.

zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2012, 03:26:19 PM

-guide-

&

12.1/2.3 = 301MH/s
11.6 = 287MH/s

..or

On my computers running 3 cards (both CPUs are underclocked, one is a single core and one is a dual core with one core disabled) if I set the aggression higher than 10, the CPU usage jumps to a sustained ~50-60%...   @ aggression level 10, it's less than 5%.   Aggression level 11 is slightly faster in terms of mhash, aggression level 12 actually degrades performance.   Probably depends on your CPU.  Don't see why you'd want to waste a lot of extra $ running a high power CPU, though... the diff between agg 10 and agg 12 is probably a percentage point.
chiropteran

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 03:19:57 AM

<complete noob comment>

Isn't the app sdk included in the drivers?  I installed 12.1 only on my most recent 2 mining rigs, and everything works fine like that, no separate install for APP required.

</complete noob comment>

Maybe it's different under linux.

deepceleron
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 06:08:00 AM

<complete noob comment>

Isn't the app sdk included in the drivers?  I installed 12.1 only on my most recent 2 mining rigs, and everything works fine like that, no separate install for APP required.

</complete noob comment>

Maybe it's different under linux.

Well done, I stopped responding after I realized my comments were not being read or comprehended. Why must he install SDK 2.3 (which is not recommended by anybody, and does not replace the 2.6 opencl runtimes in %system% anyway) over a working install?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: