Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:29:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PC Gaming Thread  (Read 14350 times)
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:14:29 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 06:48:48 PM by Este Nuno

These are some games that I'm thinking about buying, any opinions or other recommendations would be appreciated.

Dragon Age
Morrowind
Oblivion
Skyrim
The Witcher 2
Europa Universalis 4
Civ 5 G and K and BNW(I have vanila only)

Some of these games are old but I feel like I should play them anyway. From what I hear they are all worth playing, agree?

Best game of the last few years for me so far as been Path of Exile. Best dev team of all time.

Currently playing The Witcher 1. I picked it up for a tiny amount of bitcoins at www.steambitshop.com and I would recomend the site to anyone who wants cheap steam games for btc(who doesn't? :p)

edit: btw I have no association with the website, I just really liked being able to buy games with btc.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:38:31 PM

These are some games that I'm thinking about buying, any opinions or other recommendations would be appreciated.

Dragon Age
Morrowind
Oblivion
Skyrim
The Witcher 2
Europa Universalis 4
Civ 5 G and K and BNW(I have vanila only)

Some of these games are old but I feel like I should play them anyway. From what I hear they are all worth playing, agree?

Best game of the last few years for me so far as been Path of Exile. Best dev team of all time.

Currently playing The Witcher 1. I picked it up for a tiny amount of bitcoins at www.steambitshop.com and I would recomend the site to anyone who wants cheap steam games for btc(who doesn't? :p)

Oblivion and Skyrim are both awesome, if you like games who focus mostly on exploration and don't mind filing the gaps with your imagination. However, if you plan on playing both, I'd suggest starting with Oblivion. If you start with Skyrim, the other one might seem "old" and lacking of some functionnality.
Benjig

Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:45:55 PM

I've only actually bought 3 games this year so far; Bravely Default, Dark Souls 2 and Castlevania LoS2. Bravely was awesome, though a lot of repetition near the end brings it down a little for me. Just a little. Dark Souls 2 is my least favourite out of the 3 Souls games, but its still better than 90% of other games on the market right now.
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:00:56 PM

If you're going to buy an elder scrolls game, check out oblivion and then skyrim. Morrowind was great but now it will feel dated and some things are a pain in the ass that were made much better in the sequels (alchemy for example.)

Also check out Age of Wonders III.
lilfiend

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:08:46 PM

Get some Sup Com FA on that list and some UT2k4/UTC and you'll have yourself one hell of a list.

[Insert E-peen here]
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:21:10 PM

Get some Sup Com FA on that list and some UT2k4/UTC and you'll have yourself one hell of a list.

Sup Com = supreme commander? Have you tried Planetary Annihilation? I snagged it for 30 bucks last weekend on sale, it still has a ways to go but it's pretty awesome so far.
adamselene

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:27:14 PM

Sup Com = supreme commander? Have you tried Planetary Annihilation? I snagged it for 30 bucks last weekend on sale, it still has a ways to go but it's pretty awesome so far.

Can confirm. PA is awesome.

Just watch the original kickstarter trailer and you'll see why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhEYvOYceNs
lilfiend

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:30:19 PM

Yeah, I got PA, needs a lot more work and balancing before it's near Sup Com FA's quality though. It is better than Sup Com 2, they face-planted on the economy system for that one.

[Insert E-peen here]
Benjig

Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:30:32 PM

Also im wanting to buy this game:

Watch Dogs (Best Game of May)

Of course, Pearce does have some motivation behind his actions. A stylish vigilante, he is on a quest for revenge thanks to a hacking gig gone wrong that resulted in the murder of his niece
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:30:58 PM

Sup Com FA, we should play it together one of these days. I never see anyone on public match make servers anymore Sad

1v1 land war, rich resources, Seton's Clutch?

lilfiend

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:38:51 PM

Sup Com FA, we should play it together one of these days. I never see anyone on public match make servers anymore Sad

You like the long game eh? Try your hand at an arty game Tongue

[Insert E-peen here]
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:15:13 PM

You like the long game eh? Try your hand at an arty game Tongue

Eventually, I'd beat you. Aeon > UEF for the long game landwar. (Infinite resources vs not infinite resources)

lynn_402

Merit: 253

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:07:25 PM

I'd like to add Assassin's creed II to OP's list. The recreation of Rennaissance's Italy is truly wonderful, and the missions are quite cool too.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 01:26:27 AM

Did you check out watchdogs?  It is a pretty awesome game, I play it on the 360 but it is more directed towards PS4s.  You could play it on PC, you get all the features, but it appears to require some pretty good hardware to run on ultra.
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:37:57 AM

Oblivion and Skyrim are both awesome, if you like games who focus mostly on exploration and don't mind filing the gaps with your imagination. However, if you plan on playing both, I'd suggest starting with Oblivion. If you start with Skyrim, the other one might seem "old" and lacking of some functionnality.

If you're going to buy an elder scrolls game, check out oblivion and then skyrim. Morrowind was great but now it will feel dated and some things are a pain in the ass that were made much better in the sequels (alchemy for example.)

Also check out Age of Wonders III.

I've been reading that there is a big community of people who have modded Morrowind to keep it up to date graphically as well as improving the UI and such. Has anyone tried any of these out?

Wow, just checked out Age of Wonders III. That looks awesome. RPG strategy hybrid!

Planetary Annihilation?

These look good as well. Sup Com FA isn't too expensive either so I'll probably try that before PA I think.

I'd like to add Assassin's creed II to OP's list. The recreation of Rennaissance's Italy is truly wonderful, and the missions are quite cool too.

I have AC:Brotherhood on my wishlist atm, I guess that's the one after II? I'll add II as well because I do want to play a game based in that era.

Watch Dogs (Best Game of May)
Did you check out watchdogs?

I'll probably wait a while for this one to come down it price. No rush for me, I have tons of games to get through first.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:41:08 AM

Planetary Annihilation?

These look good as well. Sup Com FA isn't too expensive either so I'll probably try that before PA I think.

Careful. The eco in sup com fa is confusing at first. A lot of people can't handle a supply / demand resource system. Personally, I think it's best (as in reality, you don't have an infinite amount of resource storage).

bitgeek

Merit: 251

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:57:48 AM

I don't buy games, there's a ton of great free ones. Moe than I can ever try out.
I recommend Smite if you like MOBA, great free game to play with friends as a team.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:34:20 PM

Planetary Annihilation?

Careful. The eco in sup com fa is confusing at first. A lot of people can't handle a supply / demand resource system. Personally, I think it's best (as in reality, you don't have an infinite amount of resource storage).

How would you say it is compared to SC1? I played that a lot like fifteen years ago or something like that. Does it require a high APM to be good, or is it more strategy?
lilfiend

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:06:07 PM

Planetary Annihilation?

How would you say it is compared to SC1? I played that a lot like fifteen years ago or something like that. Does it require a high APM to be good, or is it more strategy?

You mean starcraft? Starcrat is unbalanced, which leads to 'spamming' keys. Supreme commander is the continuation of Total Annihilation, and it plays a bit differently. It's a lot less twitchy and lot more strategic imo, but that's not to say it doesn't have it's flaws.

Sup Com/ Sup Com FA allow you to pre-plan through templates, this helps you focus on whats going on rather than having to balance running defences/offences with building resources. You can just place the templates down and get to it.

[Insert E-peen here]
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:17:46 PM

Diablo 3 and start craft 3
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: