Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:26:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PC Gaming Thread  (Read 14350 times)
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Diablo 3 and start craft 3

I believe you meant StarCraft 2, unless you have access to a beta nobody has heard about Tongue
It's indeed a great game, if you like strategy and sci-fi. The story is cool too.
And playing the first Starcraft is good when you are in need of a vintage game Smiley
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:33:59 PM

Diablo 3 and start craft 3

Start craft 3? Srysly?

Going down the line.. I like Starcraft 2, its not all about zerg rushes, drops in the mine line, proxy building and stim packs.
There's a lot of potencial in the game, even for the ones with less than 200 APM. I remember that the actual Korean ledaer in the WCS defeated the best Americas-region player (a girl btw) and his APM only raised in the moments of "microing" the combat. The battle appeared to be lost, but he did a nice strategy with all the protoss skills and abilities.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:20:34 PM

Starcraft 1 plus the expansion brood wars was the best, sometimes I play it (offline) again just to remember the good old days.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:23:51 PM

If you like medieval games then I'm sure would love to play Mount and blade if you haven't already. Mount And Blade: Warband is my favorite which I would recommend anyone who likes the traditional RPG and medieval game. If you enjoy history then you could further the experience by installing a few mods which just makes the game feel like a real simulator.

Other than my suggestion, I would recommend getting Morrowind and Skyrim.
lynn_402

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:30:45 PM

You liked Morrowind more than Oblivion?
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:33:59 PM

I don't buy games, there's a ton of great free ones. Moe than I can ever try out.
I recommend Smite if you like MOBA, great free game to play with friends as a team.

There are lots of games worth buying. And there are lots of crappy F2P games.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 03:39:39 PM

I seriously can't understand the people who defend online games that make you pay for cheats in order to play on even terms.
oli123123
Legendary

Activity: 1445

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:52:03 PM

NEO Scavenger is a pretty good game if you like scavenge-survival games you should definitely try it.
lynn_402

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

In case anyone is interested: Battlefield 3 is free to download for today only, officialy from EA!
https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/buy/battlefield-3/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition?LSsiteID=c1Tj0Njalu4-mE5nLZKkXMLZWpkay2clwg&c=c1Tj0Njalu4&sourceid=Origin_AFF_LS315&utm_campaign=origin-aff-us-ls-aff&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=affiliate
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:44:50 PM

You mean starcraft? Starcrat is unbalanced, which leads to 'spamming' keys. Supreme commander is the continuation of Total Annihilation, and it plays a bit differently. It's a lot less twitchy and lot more strategic imo, but that's not to say it doesn't have it's flaws.

Sup Com/ Sup Com FA allow you to pre-plan through templates, this helps you focus on whats going on rather than having to balance running defences/offences with building resources. You can just place the templates down and get to it.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of spamming keys at all. Pre-plan templates sound good.

If you like medieval games then I'm sure would love to play Mount and blade if you haven't already. Mount And Blade: Warband is my favorite which I would recommend anyone who likes the traditional RPG and medieval game. If you enjoy history then you could further the experience by installing a few mods which just makes the game feel like a real simulator.

Actually yeah I played the demo of that a while ago and I really liked it. Thanks for reminding me about that game. I'll add it to my list of games to play.
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:48:39 PM

The elder scrolls series is a must play and is probably the best series of games.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:21:21 AM

Then when i had time to play love strategies and FRP-RPG and some FPS.

Maybe best FRP-RPG for me is lands of lore, strategies that is tough one old series starcraft and warcraft 2, FPS in old days doom was LEGEND.

Now days i played booth starcraft 2, like it. For FPS my older kid loves that more then I now. I all in RPG n MMORPG (if I find time for this), mainly play DOTA2 every second day 1 game.

Now kids are more fun then playing games.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:38:53 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 07:54:43 AM by Kluge

Since you have one Paradox game on the list.... the rest of them (Victoria II and Crusader Kings II, esp.). Smiley They also have a Mount & Blade line which uses a very dated-looking engine, but is interesting, kind of a first-person-slasher mixed with RTS battles and a difficult-to-describe-but-very-RPG, semi-RTS meta-game (if you grab M&B, definitely get the Floris mod!)... I believe they've licensed the engine out to another company actually using it to create some kind of ship-focused game soon (maybe already out), and while the idea's super-cool, I'm pretty skeptical. EU4 is good and very polished (relatively), but honestly, I'm not particularly fond of it. CK2 is more arcade-like and a good bit goofy (esp. with DLC, though they made an awesome step toward tangential learning with boat-loads of Wikipedia links), while Vic2 is unbelievably clunky and complicated, which I kind of like. EU4 has a very tedious voting system for Catholics (it's not terribly powerful... really, you could completely ignore it, but it "feels too wrong" to ignore it), but if you're not Catholic, you either need to select a late start date (so you can go Protestant) or choose a non-West nation, which has pretty severe disadvantages. Switching from Catholic to Protestant early on can be devastating, too, especially if you're a large empire by then. Outside that, though, it's a very well-made game.

AoE3, I didn't particularly like, either (I was expecting to!). You may want to consider something more like Eador, which is a TBS with the AoE combat style and a fascinating part-RPG meta-game (the earlier Eador:Genesis is superior for user-experience [new one has very slow animations you'll want to use Cheat Engine to speedhack] while MotBW has a better graphics engine) -- Eador has more flavor, too, IMO. There's also the Armored Princess series (fun fact: she's not really armored at all and almost naked), though this is much less Civ-like -- you don't build any kind of empire. AP can be quite difficult, fwiw. Heroes of Might and Magic is another decent one if you're shopping for something AoE-like.

Definitely go ahead and grab Skyrim. Morrowind was my favorite, but it's pretty dated, and even though I'm nostalgic, it's clear the systems they implemented in Skyrim and Oblivion are superior. Aesthetically, I hated Oblivion (blood and fire, blood and fire, blood and fire -- okay, a magic painting -- blood and fire, blood and fire, blood and fire), but it's a solid game otherwise.

Dragon Age is interesting. I'm not sure I'd recommend it. I had fun playing Origins. It's kind of simple compared to others on the list, but it's still fun. I'm not sure what I'd call it for the sake of suggesting... it's really not casual, but it's definitely not hardcore, either. It focuses on character development and does it fairly well, but the story itself, I don't even remember. I only played it once through, and mods out weren't well-developed at the time... maybe there's some cool stuff, these days.

If you're into story and character development, though, it may be worth having a look at the Walking Dead series for "something different." I've edited and added to this about four times, now, though, so I'll shut up, now. Grin
cinder

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:39:42 AM

Can someone recommend a good kingdom building type browser game?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:41:41 AM

Can someone recommend a good kingdom building type browser game?

You won't find a good browser based one as most of the time they're crappy cash shop games but there are all sorts of games series like Settlers, Sim City and Stronghold that deal with that type of building genre which I really like actually Cheesy That said, I think some of the latest building games have been really sucky lately they simplified them too much and now there are less features overall Sad

Oh yes, Tropico 5 is a pretty good game to play, you're an island dictator and you have to build it until you win various objectives or you can just play in a sandbox mode, I don't think that Tropico 5 was that much of a leap from Tropico 4 though.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:02:48 AM

Was planning on getting that days ago but I kept putting it off lol

Missed it Roll Eyes
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:43:17 PM

Starcraft 1 plus the expansion brood wars was the best, sometimes I play it (offline) again just to remember the good old days.

I always played the multiplayer UMS games. Diplomacy, Cat vs. Mouse, and all those fun games. Tower defense matches were great.

I remember getting pretty decent at risk and destroying everyone almost every time.

KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:50:01 PM

I'd recommend the first fable. Amazing game and story, you'll be surprised by all the twists and turns.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
lynn_402

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:11:45 PM

It's a shame! Well, you could not have played anyways if you downloaded yesterday; for some reason all those who did can't get the game to activate in Origin.

Hope that's fixed soon, I haven't played Battlefield since Battlefield 1942 ten years ago Cheesy
lynn_402

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:56:03 PM

Just found an origin key for it, for only 17500 dogecoins. In case you're still interested Wink
http://www.stuffcoins.com/details/13840-battlefield-3/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: