Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:20:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PC Gaming Thread  (Read 14350 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 02:39:53 PM

You should, no, you must buy TES III + IV + V. That will be an experience you certainly won't regret. Even Morrowind is still an amazing game, even though it was released more than 10 years ago.
You don't need to buy anything.

Happy pirating.  Cool

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:19:53 PM

You should, no, you must buy TES III + IV + V. That will be an experience you certainly won't regret. Even Morrowind is still an amazing game, even though it was released more than 10 years ago.

Morrowind is really a good game. Its far better then Oblivion if you take to consideration the time difference. And like always The Witcher is a game you must paly. Especially that a third game with Geralt will be released in around half year from now.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:40:43 PM

Fallout 4 should be the most mod-friendly and otherwise amazing game released to date. Biggest issue with FO3/FNV, outside constant crashing and goofy texturing scheme which'll definitely be resolved due to engine changes from Skyrim, was that they're 32-bit. There's been some game dev push toward 64-bit exclusives (last year's announcement by Stardock that Galactic Civ III will be 64-bit comes to mind), and with mod-heavy games like what Beth pushes, which can easily run into RAM walls (even with 4GB LAA workaround), it'd be a revolutionary step forward, even ignoring the improvements of just bringing the heavily updated Gamebryo (now "Creation") engine from Skyrim to Fallout.

It'll be a huge disappointment if they stick with 32-bit. No gaming PC should still have a 32-bit CPU or OS at this point, and certainly not in 2+ years when it's released. Then again, I guess I'd be happy just if FO4 took advantage of multiple CPU cores. It's kind of cool how Beth's games are years behind current game tech but still look damn good, even if buggy as Hell.
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:53:12 PM

Happy pirating.  Cool

Lol that's just hilarious. Going through the hassle of finding a torrent and downloading for weeks because noone ever seeds if you can just go and pick up the games for 10 bucks on Steam and DL them over night at full speed is something only people with absolutely no money at all still do.

Heck by playing Team Fortress and CS:GO and selling the item drops on steam you can actually fund your gaming by playing games.

Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:56:18 PM

I bought Skyrim for $4.99 (with bitcoin too Tongue) from the Steam summer sale! Woohoo!

When I get time to play it I'll be happy. Not sure when that will be, but at least I got it cheap and it's waiting for me. Tongue
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:57:53 PM

The only version of SKyrim worth purchasing now is Legendary Edition and It was painfully expensive on summer steam sale, I am gonna wait for another sale with this game to finally play it!
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 03:59:26 PM

Contemplating CS:GO for 7.50. Is it worth it? Are the drops better than dota 2?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:01:12 PM

The only version of SKyrim worth purchasing now is Legendary Edition and It was painfully expensive on summer steam sale, I am gonna wait for another sale with this game to finally play it!

How much was it? and how low it would had to be for you to buy it? And most important: shouldn't you save your money to be able to go smoe place on Monday?? Wink
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:12:39 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 04:42:11 PM by Kluge

Lol that's just hilarious. Going through the hassle of finding a torrent and downloading for weeks because noone ever seeds if you can just go and pick up the games for 10 bucks on Steam and DL them over night at full speed is something only people with absolutely no money at all still do.
In TPB, create login, set to auto-sort by seeds. Then search game just like with Steam and click magnet icon near game you'd like (ideally, you'd want to be familiar with uploaders and scene names). When finished, right-click title, open folder. Extract contents from archive (or mount image file using something like DaemonTools). Run installer, then drag&drop contents of crack folder to game directory. Nothing difficult there, and roughly same number of clicks.

Torrents offer some greater advantages than no-cost, though. Groups like KaOs use extreme compression techniques with their torrents for those with exceptionally slow Internet connections like myself. Rather than a 9GB download, it becomes a 3.5GB download with the caveat that it takes an hour to reconstruct the original files (though that's obviously superior to spending 2+ more weeks having it suck down all bandwidth while sleeping). Since moving and using a couple hard drives to death, I've actually pirated games I bought on Steam just so I can play them faster. The variety of groups all with different niches provide a rich variety of torrents which Steam's centralized distribution model doesn't match -- while I'm mostly just interested in cutting download times down, there are other groups which specialize in things like bundling together many known-compatible game mods.

Lack of dev/pub funding from pirating's a completely solvable problem, I think (Kickstarter/similar are a solution, I think, but we all know the issues with pre-orders and it doesn't solve some of the other user issues Steam and publishers have). The creator of Game Dev Tycoon, maybe a year ago, released his own game on TPB on day of release - a "pirate's edition" which pointed out the game was pirated (it didn't remove any content or prevent progress) and gave the dev more insight into the number of copies pirated vs. purchased (the statistic was insane, IIRC - something like 97% pirated). What it failed to include was a Bitcoin URI, which would've made the experiment much more interesting. I "pirate" TPB by using Adblock (otherwise, pages take up too much bandwidth), but they include cryptocurrency URIs in their pages which make giving value for value received very simple. When game-embedded crypto URIs are not available (so... 100% of the time), I'll still buy their game directly through the publisher with all the bullshit (CC#s, address, yada yada yada) that involves, but it's an inconvenience I doubt many take.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:34:23 PM

Heck by playing Team Fortress and CS:GO and selling the item drops on steam you can actually fund your gaming by playing games.
Wrong, I usually download everything within hours.
Heck, wasting time playing while you could work and earn much more money in the same time is better.  Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
williamj2543

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 05:03:14 PM

Also for ubisoft games the pirates usually get the better experience, because they don't have to deal with the Uplay shit

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
ShibaWow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 05:33:38 PM

Happy pirating.  Cool

but then you can't play multiplayer  Undecided

Happy pirating.  Cool

you don't have to download it the first day it gets out

wait a few days, jeez..

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 05:51:59 PM

That depends on the game.
Btw if you have time to play the multiplayer of every major title, great for you.
I barely have enough time to play 1 game.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:29:44 PM

That depends on the game.

Said everything.
Its not like someone would buy Starcraft2 just for the Campaign.
Or buy a battlefield for local coop.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:37:41 PM

I personally like waiting for sales on Steam rather than pirating. $2-$7.50 dollar games is pretty good and a viable alternative imo.
williamj2543

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 03:47:18 PM

Pirate games have no multiplayer, but I usually "borrow" games that are heavily single player focused.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Theospaul

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:15:33 PM

Damn steam is annoying me
I get so addicted and these mad sales don't help, Still have about 40 games I havent played
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:50:07 PM

I get so addicted and these mad sales don't help, Still have about 40 games I havent played

Yeah. I've had the same problem before. I have to really stop myself from buying too many games before I've finished the ones I'm currently playing or plan to play in the next little while. I'll always be able to buy new games later, and the prices are only going to go down so I can convince myself to wait. But it's not easy. Getting caught up in Steam sales is very easy. Tongue
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:55:02 PM

I have just started to get back into Fallout 3 and I have installed tales of two wastelands which is the best mod I have ever played. It combines both new vegas and fallout 3 so you can travel between each wasteland...with the same character companions etc.

I'm looking to upgrading my computer now though because it has become bogged down and struggles to run some games. So if anyone could suggest a good up to date computer with a good graphics card and sound card that would be really helpful.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
Nathonas

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 08:24:19 PM

Hehe, this is relevant. http://www.dorkly.com/post/64641/the-true-purpose-of-steam-sales

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: