Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:22:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PC Gaming Thread  (Read 14350 times)
coinsandcoins

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:25:06 AM

Skyrim is an amazing game that even when you beat the game and get bored you can explore all the (mostly) amazing mods on the nexus

oli123123
Legendary

Activity: 1445
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:26:48 PM

Skyrim is an amazing game that even when you beat the game and get bored you can explore all the (mostly) amazing mods on the nexus
Also If you like Elder Scrolls games you'll probably like Fallout.
Newbiemon

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:05:53 PM

Skyrim is a great game with tons of content, i think i has a 100 hours of game content if im not mistaken.  Grin

Plus it has great support from the community via mods, if you have a capable pc you should try its different enhancing mods.

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:43:14 PM

Skyrim is a great game with tons of content, i think i has a 100 hours of game content if im not mistaken.  Grin

Plus it has great support from the community via mods, if you have a capable pc you should try its different enhancing mods.

The best thing about it is the vastness of the in-game world and the mythology that surrounds it.

After finishing the main storyline, I've spent many hours just chilling around the lakes and mountains, or finding books in people's house to learn more about Skyrim.
Nathonas

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 08:27:15 PM

The best thing about it is the vastness of the in-game world and the mythology that surrounds it.

After finishing the main storyline, I've spent many hours just chilling around the lakes and mountains, or finding books in people's house to learn more about Skyrim.

Amen. That is the strength of Elder Scrolls and any other open-world RPGs. You just continue exploring and discovering more interesting stuff. And if you somehow manage to find and do everything there is to do...you can always reroll a different character. There are so many different perk/race combinations to play.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
oli123123
Legendary

Activity: 1445

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:07:08 AM

Any Mafia fans here? I'm waiting for Mafia III for years  Sad
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:16:52 PM

Any Mafia fans here? I'm waiting for Mafia III for years  Sad

Did you see that video on youtube comparing Mafia II to Watch_Dogs graphically? With Mafia II having more detail even though it was made like 12 years ago?

Here it is if not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5t0_WVinF8

Pretty funny.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 09:42:14 PM

Anyone looking for a challenge should try Divinity Original Sin. No more question markers.  Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:37:58 PM

Path of Exile is pretty refreshing. I haven't had too much time to play with it, but it looks like they really did do away with a "main" gold-like currency pretty well. I've played with a few others trying to do away with a main currency and they always felt very restrictive, but PoE does more of a hybrid system than completely doing away with "normal currency." The crafting/selling hybrid system is totally unique, too, AFAIK. Haven't cracked into much of the game, though - haven't found a rare item or map mod, yet.

Pleased that the skill tree is completely overwhelming at first glance. Nice to be able to sit back and study something again, restudying it over and over as I progress and want to work with the items and gems I have without everything being intuitive and obvious. Multiplayer being very clearly opt-in is nice, too, though I'd guess it's necessary on highest difficulties (did first roll on Ambush to get working knowledge of game).
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:14:26 AM

Path of Exile is pretty refreshing. I haven't had too much time to play with it, but it looks like they really did do away with a "main" gold-like currency pretty well. I've played with a few others trying to do away with a main currency and they always felt very restrictive, but PoE does more of a hybrid system than completely doing away with "normal currency." The crafting/selling hybrid system is totally unique, too, AFAIK. Haven't cracked into much of the game, though - haven't found a rare item or map mod, yet.

Pleased that the skill tree is completely overwhelming at first glance. Nice to be able to sit back and study something again, restudying it over and over as I progress and want to work with the items and gems I have without everything being intuitive and obvious. Multiplayer being very clearly opt-in is nice, too, though I'd guess it's necessary on highest difficulties (did first roll on Ambush to get working knowledge of game).

I wouldn't say multiplayer is ever necessary really. It will get too hard for a lot of builds at some point, but if you're intent on progressing further in maps or on to Atrizi you can always respec your character to a build that's better. But everything is definitely meant to be soloable and all of the end game content is done solo often. It's still really hard though and 99.9% of people will never get to the very end game. In general though it's all about using knowledge of the game to gear up and build properly for the end game. Defense is critical in PoE. It's a game that is constantly trying to kill you when you're not paying attention.

I too like the fact that you can just play solo without being forced to group. The only time grouping really makes sense is when you're trying to move up the ladder of maps, since you'll get a higher quantity of maps dropping when you're in a group and 6 people can run one map so it cuts your map rolling costs by 5/6ths(you use the currency to roll mods on high level maps, it gets very pricy). Or I guess if you get stuck on a boss or something you're just a couple of clicks away from joining a group. In hardcore it's safer so people definitely tend to group up for the big bosses.

Just read that the next mini-expansion is coming in August so I'll be sure to get back on for the new leagues. PoE is like the type of game you can end up playing for years.
weaknesswaran

Activity: 963
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:44:45 AM

DAYZ Standalone
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:05:09 AM

Oblivion is great, much better than Skyrim imo. Few games I've enjoyed as much as it.

+1, I bought Skyrim when it came out and played 80 hours. Haven't picked it up since then. Meanwhile, I played through oblivion for 150 hours, then my hard drive died so I lost everything...and I came back and started a new character. I just love the atmosphere and the quests in oblivion, I think those two things are so superior to Skyrim. Currently trying to get all the mods up to make Oblivion look good before I play again.
After playing Skyrim the graphics are a let down. But the gameplay and story - best one around. Smiley

That's why I want to do in a step by step fashion: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim. That way the graphics will only get better and won't take away from the experience at all.

I'm currently playing the Witcher 1 now and at some point I'll do The Witcher 2 and 3 in that order as well. I think it's the best way.

For those who think Oblivion is better than Skyrim (yes, it is less boring): you have to try Nehrim, a free total mod for Oblivion. And there will be a Skyrim total mod called Enderal.
Nehrim is so much better than Oblivion, some plots and quests are epic. Drawbacks: it's only 99% polished, even with the last patch, and it starts in a dark mine plagued by trolls.
There is also possible to play Morroblivion (I didn't yet), which is Morrowind with Oblivion graphics.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
bitcoinforhelp

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:32:24 PM

Shovel Knight is some nice new game, i will try it soon
Nathonas

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 06:04:18 PM

Path of Exile is awesome, I played it religiously for half a year. Once you get used to it, my favorite part is running whatever new hardcore league is currently up and doing races. I would literally die and start over in the Nemesis league over 40 times - I didn't care that I lost all my progress because it was so competitive and fun to progress and learn. And Races are just the most competitive thing I've played in the longest time - you compete against thousands of other players, and to get into the top 10 or 20 position for a race is just an awesome feeling. Plus you get rewards if you do well over the Race season as well.

The game just has such a refreshing amount of depth compared not just to Diablo 3, but to any non-indie release. Sure, it doesn't look and feel as flashy as the more polished AAA games, but it will take you literally over a year to learn everything in the game. And if you only play hardcore, it will probably take you a very long time just to reach the end-game part when you start running maps. I haven't even progressed that far because I haven't played the normal league at all.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:57:23 PM

Path of Exile is awesome, I played it religiously for half a year. Once you get used to it, my favorite part is running whatever new hardcore league is currently up and doing races. I would literally die and start over in the Nemesis league over 40 times - I didn't care that I lost all my progress because it was so competitive and fun to progress and learn. And Races are just the most competitive thing I've played in the longest time - you compete against thousands of other players, and to get into the top 10 or 20 position for a race is just an awesome feeling. Plus you get rewards if you do well over the Race season as well.

The game just has such a refreshing amount of depth compared not just to Diablo 3, but to any non-indie release. Sure, it doesn't look and feel as flashy as the more polished AAA games, but it will take you literally over a year to learn everything in the game. And if you only play hardcore, it will probably take you a very long time just to reach the end-game part when you start running maps. I haven't even progressed that far because I haven't played the normal league at all.

Yeah. I can't wait for the new leagues. I really want to see what GGG will come up with this time. I really liked Nemesis league. You always had to be paying attention or you would die. Corrupted blood, storm herald ect will get you easily.

I didn't really play much Invasion league but a lot of people said it was too hard, which is pretty amazing considering how hardcore the player base is.

I'll probably be playing PoE every four months as long as they're putting out content. Which is going to be a long time by their estimation. Full expansion with Act 4 is going to be insane when that comes.

The only thing I don't really like is the archaic trading system of having to go meet people in town and spam chat channels, but they are fixing that soon. Other than that it's probably one of the best designed games of all time.
bitcoinforhelp

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:49:10 PM

Path of Exile is awesome
Agree, one of a kind game. Spend hundreds hours there, lvl around ~86 hardcore
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:12:13 PM

Idunno, I think it looked comparable to D3, but that might just be from still feeling bitter over pre-ordering it. D3 had all sorts of over-the-top lighting effects, but the 3D models in PoE are pretty well-done and level design has each place feeling unique. It's even nice how "sub-maps" give a break from sprawling zones you need to poke in every nook and cranny of, instead being relatively linear experiences where you "know" where you're supposed to go. I don't think I've ever played a game out of NZ (and I've played at least 300 different games in my life), so it's been really surprising to see how polished it is, especially without pay-to-win or upfront costs. Sometimes, it does feel a bit like they copied straight out of D2. Pit of Sins or w/e it was called felt just like the harem in Act 2 of D2 (well, without ancient tomb and whatever the inside of that was called, with the book at the end, which I'm pretty sure was the hardest part to solo in D2). Soon after Sin, there's a place literally called "The Den," which looked pretty damn similar to The Den early in D1 where you kill all the mobs and then there's a little lighting effect and calming music when you kill everything in there. I was actually surprised that didn't happen - I actually made sure I killed everything in there just to be sure. Cheesy

I decided to go with the paradoxical-seeming choice of a necro ranger (with all the benevolent "I put you out of your misery like I would any wounded animal" speech) with Vaal Skelly Summon & Raise Zombie in the lineup. Haven't died except when I decide it's time for a smoke and try playing one-handed, but that's still on the easiest difficulty. Cheesy

Trade system's a PitA. Glad they're changing that. I'm never in the mood to spam trade until I find someone willing to trade a particular support gem I found and already have for one I can use. Dev came in chat yesterday to mention 2.0 would allow total respecs, so now I just want to try leveling up a bunch of different builds as fast as I can, then reallocate the points at 2.0 update to fix all the mistakes I learned were mistakes.

Overall, really excited by it. Can't wait to give it another go when I'm finished working today. I haven't gotten into the race leagues, even (or had a real chance at the month-long league), but might give it a go since Ambush is going away late tomorrow my time.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:52:33 PM

Idunno, I think it looked comparable to D3, but that might just be from still feeling bitter over pre-ordering it. D3 had all sorts of over-the-top lighting effects, but the 3D models in PoE are pretty well-done and level design has each place feeling unique. It's even nice how "sub-maps" give a break from sprawling zones you need to poke in every nook and cranny of, instead being relatively linear experiences where you "know" where you're supposed to go. I don't think I've ever played a game out of NZ (and I've played at least 300 different games in my life), so it's been really surprising to see how polished it is, especially without pay-to-win or upfront costs. Sometimes, it does feel a bit like they copied straight out of D2. Pit of Sins or w/e it was called felt just like the harem in Act 2 of D2 (well, without ancient tomb and whatever the inside of that was called, with the book at the end, which I'm pretty sure was the hardest part to solo in D2). Soon after Sin, there's a place literally called "The Den," which looked pretty damn similar to The Den early in D1 where you kill all the mobs and then there's a little lighting effect and calming music when you kill everything in there. I was actually surprised that didn't happen - I actually made sure I killed everything in there just to be sure. Cheesy

I decided to go with the paradoxical-seeming choice of a necro ranger (with all the benevolent "I put you out of your misery like I would any wounded animal" speech) with Vaal Skelly Summon & Raise Zombie in the lineup. Haven't died except when I decide it's time for a smoke and try playing one-handed, but that's still on the easiest difficulty. Cheesy

Trade system's a PitA. Glad they're changing that. I'm never in the mood to spam trade until I find someone willing to trade a particular support gem I found and already have for one I can use. Dev came in chat yesterday to mention 2.0 would allow total respecs, so now I just want to try leveling up a bunch of different builds as fast as I can, then reallocate the points at 2.0 update to fix all the mistakes I learned were mistakes.

Overall, really excited by it. Can't wait to give it another go when I'm finished working today. I haven't gotten into the race leagues, even (or had a real chance at the month-long league), but might give it a go since Ambush is going away late tomorrow my time.

Yeah, I always thought PoE looked pretty decent. Especially considering they wrote their own engine from scratch and have been working on it since 2007. The whole story being GGG is pretty amazing, and I'm really happy to see them having success with their product. They even won Gamespot PC game of the year last year which was pretty cool.
cardut

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:39:33 PM

I used to play games when I was a kid but not anymore, I really have no time for it
thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:15:35 AM

Only play games like Dota, the rest of the MMORPG is taking too much time..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: