Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:30:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PC Gaming Thread  (Read 14350 times)
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:40:36 AM

I watched some of it. Pretty fun. I play Dota 2 sometimes but I'm not too much into it.

I would try playing it online(I played only the training), but my internet connection seens more like a sine function, sometimes my ping is X, other times it gets to X+300.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
beegatewood

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:05:43 PM

I watched some of it. Pretty fun. I play Dota 2 sometimes but I'm not too much into it.

I would try playing it online(I played only the training), but my internet connection seens more like a sine function, sometimes my ping is X, other times it gets to X+300.

Choose a server which is closest to you, you should get like 50-100 ping max..

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 12:39:12 PM

Choose a server which is closest to you, you should get like 50-100 ping max..
No, not really. if the problem is his connection it doesn't matter which server he uses.
Yeah Dota 2 can be fun, but I stopped playing once I've been put into teams frequently with very bad people.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:39:21 AM

Played Distant Worlds Universe and previously-mentioned Divinity Original Sin.

I have no idea who the target audience for DWU would be, but it's pretty well thought out. It's what I'll call a GalCiv-like (or Sins-like... I confuse the two), but with surprisingly well-made AI and playing even more like a sim -- actually, the AI will manage as much or as little of your empire as you'd like (starting out, you'll probably want that to be almost everything unless the tutorials are helpful), with you being able to fine-tune what it does with a comprehensive automation/policy screen. Empires also have a well-made private sector which'll efficiently build ships and mining bases in sectors you control.

DWU's big issue is just that it's horribly, horribly slow, unlike any other game I've played. They have no issue plopping you down with one planet on one solar system you have absolutely nothing interesting to do with for the first 20 minutes of gameplay. That's after waiting 2-5 minutes for the game to load (similar to the length of time it takes BTC Core to load).

In its favor, it really is very well-detailed. It's a thinking game, where you're generally planning more than executing. It's not at the point where there's anything more fun than planning in the game (generally, you plan so something interesting happens, but in DWU, at least after the galaxy's been pretty well picked clean of explorables, you plan so you can plan again, but nothing interesting ever happens), though, so I'm not sure if it has much advantage over writing up a grocery list. That said, I keep playing it for some reason... might be worth a look if waiting for GalCiv2 without beta access.

I don't have much to say on DOS. It plays a lot like Baldur's Gate (but feels much more "fluid" -- click-to-move system isn't nearly as maddening) and has a very similar sense of humor. Probably up your alley if you enjoyed Black Isle games.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:35:50 AM

Finished playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. The history starts good, the middle sucks, the final is OK.
The gameplay is not too much evolutive, you'll find yourself ding the same cmobo a lot of times.
And god, the "Forgotten One" is a ridiculous boss. It forces you to do aerial combos(what you simply don't have), secondary weapons doesn't work against him and there's no health and magic recharge before him after the first battle. They simply tried to make him a difficult boss, but it became an annoying boss, since you have 30 ground combos and only 2 aerial combos.
I hope that the second game that will come soon is better, but doesn't lose the essence of a Castlevania game.

williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:31:42 PM

Congratulations to newbee for winning this years International 2014 Dota 2 tournament. They have won a little over 5 million dollars. The finals weren't very exciting, but a win is a win.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
AndrewNoble

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:35:38 PM

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! | VbwVH7LnvcAWbMr7eaE8aqDK4oUZPXpgvp
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:08:28 AM

Anyone here has anything to say about Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2?
I liked the first one, and I would buy that if the second game was stills good.
I'm trying to see some review videos, but of course, its always better to receive a word from someone that is not being paid for playing it.

shenron276

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:29:59 PM

Anyone here has anything to say about Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2?
I liked the first one, and I would buy that if the second game was stills good.
I'm trying to see some review videos, but of course, its always better to receive a word from someone that is not being paid for playing it.

I played Catslevania 2 and the dlc all the way through. The point is: if you're a fan of the genre, you'll like it, no doubt about that. I'd just say that story is better in Castlevania cause it's simpler, but that doesn't mean that story in second part sucks. But, gameplay elements, graphics and pretty much everything else is better in Castlevania 2. So, if you really enjoyed the first part, you won't regret playing the second either.
mliverpool

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:06:37 PM

Does anyone here know if there would be Darksiders 3? tnx

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:11:05 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 06:07:30 AM by Snorek

Since THQ (publisher) went bankrupt and Vigil Games (developer) is now basically dead. Darksiders brand now belongs to the Nordic Games. They said something about continuation of this series but for now I find it highly unlikely.
mliverpool

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:07:53 PM

Since THQ (publisher) went bankrupt and Vigil Games (developer) is not basically dead. Darksiders brand now belongs to the Nordic Games. They said something about continuation of this series but for now I find it highly unlikely.

ahh, thank you.

shenron276

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:08:43 PM

Yep, Darksiders 1 & 2 were awesome games, indeed. Just my style, I must admit. Also, Castlevania series, Assassin's Creed series and Prince of Persia series are awesome games as well. I would definitely suggest those games Cheesy
mliverpool

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:15:57 PM

Yep, Darksiders 1 & 2 were awesome games, indeed. Just my style, I must admit. Also, Castlevania series, Assassin's Creed series and Prince of Persia series are awesome games as well. I would definitely suggest those games Cheesy

I played Prince of Persia few times, but I've never finished it!  Grin I finished Castlevania both parts, awesome game. AC finished all before AC3. AC3 had too long intro...:-/ Do you have some games of this style to recommend? thank you

shenron276

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:39:25 PM

You should definitely play entire Prince of Persia series, it's too good to miss. Some other similar games I'd recommend are: Batman series (3 parts) and Prototype series (2 parts). Also, X-Men Origins: Wolverine is awesome game. They're all kinda similar. Definitely try out, mate.
mliverpool

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:56:53 PM

You should definitely play entire Prince of Persia series, it's too good to miss. Some other similar games I'd recommend are: Batman series (3 parts) and Prototype series (2 parts). Also, X-Men Origins: Wolverine is awesome game. They're all kinda similar. Definitely try out, mate.

I would definitely try Prince of Persia to complete in near future. :-) Batman series I have in mind, also. I didn't tried Protoype and Xmen but tnx for recommendation. I'm big fan of this genre - hack'n slash so I want to sort out some list of this type of games.

Serlite

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:59:06 PM

I feel a bit behind on the times saying this, but I just discovered Mount & Blade and am playing it to the point of exhaustion. Despite its flaws, the game is really, really fun for me.

shenron276

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 10:07:07 PM

I would definitely try Prince of Persia to complete in near future. :-) Batman series I have in mind, also. I didn't tried Protoype and Xmen but tnx for recommendation. I'm big fan of this genre - hack'n slash so I want to sort out some list of this type of games.
Yep, I know what you mean. It's my favorite genre also. Why not play AC 4 or AC: Unity? I mean, you said you played to AC3, why not further? Like, you know it's good!
mliverpool

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 10:13:55 PM

Yep, I know what you mean. It's my favorite genre also. Why not play AC 4 or AC: Unity? I mean, you said you played to AC3, why not further? Like, you know it's good!

I know it's good, but honestly, I prefer parts to AC3. Newer parts aren't in that style, in my opinion. You played those new games of AC?

shenron276

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 10:27:22 PM

Yes, all except the last one (Unity), I'm waiting for some serious patches and optimizations from Ubisoft, cause it's laggy as hell. Although, it looks impresive and all that, but gameplay is nowhere near AC2 and AC4, as I managed to see. Try AC4, you won't regret it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: