Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:15:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Chicago Restaurant to Accept Bitcoin  (Read 11774 times)
kies1107

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:55:57 PM

My mate and I are going to Portillo's in about an hour. I fire up the APP and place a Bitcoin deposit, an amount I know is more than what I'm going to spend. When I get to the restaurant, I show my receipt via the APP. The confirmations have already been done prior to us getting to the Portillo's therefore, upon paying the tab, change is forward to our Bitcoin address. Even if we carry-out, no need for us to wait for a confirmation, for we know that Portillo's is good for it. The onus was on the customer at the onset of the transaction, thereby protecting the eating establishment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:49:41 PM

My mate and I are going to Portillo's in about an hour. I fire up the APP and place a Bitcoin deposit, an amount I know is more than what I'm going to spend. When I get to the restaurant, I show my receipt via the APP. The confirmations have already been done prior to us getting to the Portillo's therefore, upon paying the tab, change is forward to our Bitcoin address. Even if we carry-out, no need for us to wait for a confirmation, for we know that Portillo's is good for it. The onus was on the customer at the onset of the transaction, thereby protecting the eating establishment.
I would love it if there were a place near me that does that.
Bob-Appetite

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Waca Recargas

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 09:50:11 PM

In Colombia we have some biz accepting BTC as payment... really great!
ksteve96

Activity: 624
Merit: 125

alcedoplatform.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 05:29:16 PM

What app are you talking about?  Not sure if you're talking about bitpay or something, or that portillos accepts Bitcoin.

𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗘𝗗𝗢  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Making Cryptocurrencies Accessible For Everyone!         Made in
██████████████████████████████████████████       GERMANY
     𝗔𝗡𝗡     𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿     𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸     𝗧𝘄𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿     𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺     𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆     𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺              🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:51:13 PM

What app are you talking about?  Not sure if you're talking about bitpay or something, or that portillos accepts Bitcoin.

I assumed he was talking about a hypothetical way that a restaurant like Portillo's could accept bitcoin for payment and not have to worry about 0-confirmations.

I don't think such an app exists yet, and I don't think there are any Portillo's accepting bitcoin yet.
ksteve96

alcedoplatform.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 06:16:52 PM

I assumed he was talking about a hypothetical way that a restaurant like Portillo's could accept bitcoin for payment and not have to worry about 0-confirmations.

I don't think such an app exists yet, and I don't think there are any Portillo's accepting bitcoin yet.

Ok, thanks, hypothetical not literal...I was about to head to Portillo's.

𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗘𝗗𝗢  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Making Cryptocurrencies Accessible For Everyone!         Made in
     𝗔𝗡𝗡     𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿     𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸     𝗧𝘄𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿     𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺     𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆     𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺              🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:11:38 PM

Yeah.  If I thought is was literal, I'd be eating lunch and dinner at Portillo's almost every day just to reward them for making the decision!
ksteve96

alcedoplatform.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:24:22 PM

Yeah.  If I thought is was literal, I'd be eating lunch and dinner at Portillo's almost every day just to reward them for making the decision!

Same here Smiley

Next time I go to Moto (or ING next door, same chef/owner) I'm going to pitch them.  The owner/chef now cooks at ING and has promoted the Suisse Chef to Executive chef, both of these people in to science and technical things, maybe they would go for it.

Hmm, just a little afterthought, maybe some of us Chicago Bitcoiners can go as a group, if they let us pay in bitcoin.  For Moto, your looking at about $300/person, maybe 1/2 that at ING, so not for everyone.  But they might be more inclined to take BTC for at least one meal if there is a group of us.  At least it will get the ball rolling.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: