Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:55:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Chicago Restaurant to Accept Bitcoin  (Read 11774 times)
Disposition

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 08:33:59 PM

Let me know how this turns out, http://bitcoinnavigator.com is adding real estate and rental options and doing a site overhaul; would love to add the first chicago restaurant to accept bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anonymous5050

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 09:08:59 PM

I'm an idiot.  Took a cab to the airport and totally forgot to use Chicago cabbie!  Going to be away from chicago for a few weeks too....
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 10:26:45 PM

I'm an idiot.  Took a cab to the airport and totally forgot to use Chicago cabbie!  Going to be away from chicago for a few weeks too....

He's not officially set up yet to accept Bitcoin, anon5050, but he's a great guy and would have loved to discussed anything you put to him, including Bitcoin.

~Bruno~
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 02:34:54 AM

Update: I'll be in Chicago May 11-13, so where do I eat?  Tongue

Also, go talk to these people and get them on this forum.  I see this group has 26 members, yet only 10 or so user names are in the original post here...

http://www.meetup.com/The-Chicago-Bitcoin-Meetup/

Bruno, have you contacted either of the restaurants I reached out to about bitcoins yet? 

Should I try to find more restaurants willing to meet?

Should I post more on restaurant Facebook pages?  I only ever got one "like" after posting on about 10 restaurants Facebook pages...  I think most people view restaurant Facebook pages sorted on the restaurant only, and I never got any follow up from the restaurants themselves...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 02:46:48 AM

Update: I'll be in Chicago May 11-13, so where do I eat?  Tongue

Also, go talk to these people and get them on this forum.  I see this group has 26 members, yet only 10 or so user names are in the original post here...

Bruno, have you contacted either of the restaurants I reached out to about bitcoins yet?  

Should I post more on restaurant Facebook pages?  I only ever got one "like" after posting on about 10 restaurants Facebook pages...  I think most people view restaurant Facebook pages sorted on the restaurant only, and I never got any follow up from the restaurants themselves...

Next week, I'll be doing the blitzkrieg on Chicago. I have Chicago Cabbie's leather wallet that includes the Flash Cab logo that I need to present to him. At that point, my goal is to get him further on board. Rashid is truly a great guy. I'm going to buy him dinner again. I will also make contact with your suggested restaurants. I have three of my own which I feel I can procure. I'll also make contact with a couple more I feel that I may be able to persuade after doing a little Googling, for Google and I are friends. Today, I was referred to as a Google-Fu master, albeit the master part was left off due to, I'm sure, his phone ringing when he penned that post. But I digress. I'll make contact with Tony at Bit-Pay prior to doing the blitzkrieg to see if anything has change in regards to the secret weapon.

~Bruno~
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 02:49:43 AM

Also, go talk to these people and get them on this forum.  I see this group has 26 members, yet only 10 or so user names are in the original post here...

Should I post more on restaurant Facebook pages?  I only ever got one "like" after posting on about 10 restaurants Facebook pages...  I think most people view restaurant Facebook pages sorted on the restaurant only, and I never got any follow up from the restaurants themselves...

Next week, I'll be doing the blitzkrieg on Chicago. I have Chicago Cabbie's leather wallet that includes the Flash Cab logo that I need to present to him. At that point, my goal is to get him further on board. Rashid is truly a great guy. I'm going to buy him dinner again. I will also make contact with your suggested restaurants. I have three of my own which I feel I can procure. I'll also make contact with a couple more I feel that I may be able to persuade after doing a little Googling, for Google and I are friends. Today, I was referred to as a Google-Fu master, albeit the master part was left off due to, I'm sure, his phone ringing when he penned that post. But I digress. I'll make contact with Tony at Bit-Pay prior to doing the blitzkrieg to see if anything has change in regards to the secret weapon.

~Bruno~

Rock on.  Let me know if you need any help setting up times, following up, etc.  Good luck!

If it helps, you can let them know that your "buddy" will be visiting Chicago May 12 and definitely will visit any restaurant accepting bitcoin as a payment.

Fold for spending BTCs

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 03:00:20 AM

~Bruno~

Rock on.  Let me know if you need any help setting up times, following up, etc.  Good luck!

If it helps, you can let them know that your "buddy" will be visiting Chicago May 12 and definitely will visit any restaurant accepting bitcoin as a payment.

Let's go one better! You know any of those jokers over at that meetup group who conveniently excluded me? Here's what I'm thinking. You, me, the meetup gang, Chicago Cabbie, and secret weapon (and the joint), at an eating establishment that accepts Bitcoin. Then we head over to a social drinking establishment to continue the practice. Did I forget to mention the cab (maybe limo) ride? Afterwards, we'll pick up a couple secret service...(maybe I miss read that news ariticle). May 12, would be a perfect day for this glorified meetup.

~Bruno~
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 03:23:27 AM

~Bruno~

Let's go one better! You know any of those jokers over at that meetup group who conveniently excluded me? Here's what I'm thinking. You, me, the meetup gang, Chicago Cabbie, and secret weapon (and the joint), at an eating establishment that accepts Bitcoin. Then we head over to a social drinking establishment to continue the practice. Did I forget to mention the cab (maybe limo) ride? Afterwards, we'll pick up a couple secret service...(maybe I miss read that news ariticle). May 12, would be a perfect day for this glorified meetup.

~Bruno~

I will be visiting friends and will have my wife there.  This will be tricky to pull off, but I'm thinking if we just say let's do lunch around 1pm somewhere, then I will gladly take my crew (wife, and 2-4 friends) there and subject my wife/friends to bitcoins for 1hour. 

If things go well, we can continue on to drinks & whatnot; however, I gotta be fair to my friends (and most importantly my wife).  Smiley  Hope you understand!

I do not know any of the bitcoin meetup people (yet).  However, I sent a message to the organizer Igor about 1 hour ago.  So I'll see if he wants to do a meetup on May 12.  But feel free to reach out to him directly as well.

Fold for spending BTCs

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 03:29:54 AM

~Bruno~

~Bruno~

I will be visiting friends and will have my wife there.  This will be tricky to pull off, but I'm thinking if we just say let's do lunch around 1pm somewhere, then I will gladly take my crew (wife, and 2-4 friends) there and subject my wife/friends to bitcoins for 1hour. 

If things go well, we can continue on to drinks & whatnot; however, I gotta be fair to my friends (and most importantly my wife).  Smiley  Hope you understand!

I do not know any of the bitcoin meetup people (yet).  However, I sent a message to the organizer Igor about 1 hour ago.  So I'll see if he wants to do a meetup on May 12.  But feel free to reach out to him directly as well.

Great! More secret service for me (I really need to reread that news article again). Seriously, a work around to accommodate your schedule is no problem. It'll work out just fine. Now I need to revive that ...and a Satoashi for the lady thread.

~Bruno~
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 03:40:11 AM

Bruno I'm not ready to give you my secret weapon yet Smiley

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 04:16:14 AM

Bruno I'm not ready to give you my secret weapon yet Smiley

No problem. Not that important for May 12. Will work around. Keep me abreast, though, when available. Will touch base with you prior to hitting Chicago, though. Later, bud.

~Bruno~
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:48:42 PM

I will be traveling to chicago soon (July 4-8) and would love to buy a meal with bitcoins. Any news?

-bgc

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 01:28:27 PM

I will be traveling to chicago soon (July 4-8) and would love to buy a meal with bitcoins. Any news?

-bgc

I haven't heard any news yet, but I suggest checking in with the Chicago Meetup group as well to see if they've made any arrangements with the locations they are using for their meetup.

Fold for spending BTCs

CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:25:12 PM

If you can get some of the restaurants in Chinatown or some of the shops in Chicago, I would totally go there more often.
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 02:29:10 AM

I know it's been a while, but any more updates on this?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 04:00:07 AM

I know it's been a while, but any more updates on this?

Nada! I haven't been to Chicago much, and when I have, its been in and out. I do have a major project coming up on 79th St. (half acre size roof), and should be able to allocate some time with a couple of my restaurant connections.

~Bruno K~
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 01:59:43 AM

OK Phinneaus,  I'm sorry I didn't initiate this sooner, but I will be in Chicago this weekend.  I'm getting there in time for happy hour Friday and staying through Brunch on Sunday.

Is there a place where I can spend my bitcoins in Chicago yet?

If not, what can we do between now and Friday to make it happen?

I can try to stop by a place on Friday night or Saturday if we think it's possible to spend bitcoins Smiley

Fold for spending BTCs

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 03:23:31 AM

Bruno? 

Anyone?

Can I get beers for bitcoins in downtown Chicago during happy hour?

I'm getting excited for Cleveland.  We may have our first!  Will post more after a successful payment for my lunch next Wed!

Fold for spending BTCs

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 11:10:45 AM

Bruno? 

Anyone?

Can I get beers for bitcoins in downtown Chicago during happy hour?

I'm getting excited for Cleveland.  We may have our first!  Will post more after a successful payment for my lunch next Wed!

Well of course I jinxed myself... My buddy got the flu, so we've cancelled the trip.

I can't believe there's no restaurants in Chicago accepting bitcoin yet...

I must not be looking in the right places.  I'll try to follow up with some of the restaurants I cold called last year when trying this.  See if the news has peaked their curiosity at all.

Fold for spending BTCs

ksteve96

Activity: 624
Merit: 125

alcedoplatform.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 11:51:29 PM

So whats the word on your efforts so far Bruno?  It's been a few months since an update.  I have a date with a hot blonde coming up and I just lost my debit card.  I have to say, it would be cool to pay for dinner and some other activities with BTC like a boss.  Add me to the list.

Oh and is the cab company accepting BTC yet? 

𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗘𝗗𝗢  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Making Cryptocurrencies Accessible For Everyone!         Made in
██████████████████████████████████████████       GERMANY
     𝗔𝗡𝗡     𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿     𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸     𝗧𝘄𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿     𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺     𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆     𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺              🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: