Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:01:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.6.2 Release  (Read 58989 times)
bitcoinm3ster

Activity: 409
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:11:44 AM

Hello m8s

My wallet 1.6.2 wont sync and says "Warning: checkpoint is to old wait for blockchain to download or notify developers"
Any ideia ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tara11

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:49:34 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2017, 09:47:07 AM by Tara11

Hello, Is this still alive? I invested whole bitcoin to grain nearly 4 years ago. I already lost hope for recovering that money.

Any working nodes? I want to sync my wallet.
Glad

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:23:06 PM

Hello, Is this still alive? I invested whole bitcoin to grain nearly 4 years ago. I already lost hope for recovering that money.

we have to wait on the new relaunch, I don't know when is ready.
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:27:50 PM

Hi Tara11,

You can obtain a linear bootstrap.dat of Grain at height 2,210,496 from March of earlier this year here.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
Glad

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:29:00 PM

Hi Tara11,

You can obtain a linear bootstrap.dat of Grain at height 2,210,496 from March of earlier this year here.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

How does this works, were to put this file, can we reconnect after that?
Chicago

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:39:16 PM

Hi Glad,

Basically, the file can be downloaded, (re)named to be bootstrap.dat and then used with graind, to fast track the initial sync.
    Once the sync has completed it can be used with specific addnode entries to connect with other peers to (re)establish the Grain swarm.

Though, you may want to look back a couple of pages in the thread regarding the proposed and ongoing efforts from bee7.
    Currently, the main use of the bootstrap.dat is so you may get your wallet going again to be able to check a balance.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
Glad

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:15:26 PM

Hi Glad,

Basically, the file can be downloaded, (re)named to be bootstrap.dat and then used with graind, to fast track the initial sync.
    Once the sync has completed it can be used with specific addnode entries to connect with other peers to (re)establish the Grain swarm.

Though, you may want to look back a couple of pages in the thread regarding the proposed and ongoing efforts from bee7.
    Currently, the main use of the bootstrap.dat is so you may get your wallet going again to be able to check a balance.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

Do I have to put the bootstrap.dat into my roaming folder ?
Chicago

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:29:28 PM

Do I have to put the bootstrap.dat into my roaming folder ?

Hi Glad,

Specifically, you would open your .Grain/ directory where the wallet.dat lives and place the file there and then start Grain's daemon with a -loadblock=bootstrap.dat there.
    So first rename the file to be bootstrap.dat and then put it into the coin daemon's directory and then start Grain w/ the -loadblock argument as specified.

You'll notice it starts reading the file and processing blocks immediately and then once it has finished, the file gets automatically renamed to be bootstrap.dat.old.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
Glad

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:58:46 PM

Hi Chicago,

Thanks for your reply, I don't follow it. I m putting my bootstrap into my roaming folder because there is my wallet situated then I starting to launch my grain. Do I have to input something into my console? Is it not better to wait for the relaunche or is this needed to recover? and how does your config file look like? there is no connection.
Chicago

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:11:57 PM

Thanks for your reply, I don't follow it. I m putting my bootstrap into my roaming folder because there is my wallet situated then I starting to launch my grain. Do I have to input something into my console? Is it not better to wait for the relaunche or is this needed to recover? and how does you config file look like? there is no connection.

Hi Glad,

You're welcome. Smiley
    I think it will be easier to walk you through the process if we chat about it.
    I'm going to be around for a while today, so if you want to find me on freenode using webchat, then I can help you import the linear bootstrap.dat.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
cocales

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:51:35 PM

Hello guys, where can I download this wallet?

SnowGem.org - Improve upon great ideas of other cryptocurrencies
✔ Privacy ✔ Availability ✔ Profitability ✔ Longevity
Equihash - No Premine - No ICO - Masternodes soon
tleilaxu_eyes

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:01:25 PM

Oh my, I am sorry to hear that... If you just lent that BTC or invested it conservatively it could be 2-3 coins by now. Oh well

Look into the eyes.
Tara11

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:50:01 AM

Hi Tara11,

Best Regards,
-Chicago

Thanks. I will try the bootstrap.
Tara11

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:32:58 PM

Hi Tara11,

Best Regards,
-Chicago

I tried the bootstrap last 24 hours. It loads the block for 4 hours then crashes. It repeated few times. Can I sync my wallet without bootstrap? Just downloading blocks from the beginning.
Tara11

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:34:08 PM

Oh my, I am sorry to hear that... If you just lent that BTC or invested it conservatively it could be 2-3 coins by now. Oh well

I was really noob then. Glad my ethereum investment went well. I bought it when price was 7 dollars each. Cashed out half of them and holding another half.
Chicago

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:38:49 PM

I tried the bootstrap last 24 hours. It loads the block for 4 hours then crashes. It repeated few times. Can I sync my wallet without bootstrap? Just downloading blocks from the beginning.

Hi Tara11,

Please share the error you found in the debug.log at the time of the crash, or if it was an exception printed to the console let me know what you found as the error.
    Also, could you tell me a little bit about your system?  Are you 32-bit, 64-bit; running on Linux or on Windows?  Which version of Windows/Linux?

Let me know what happened so we can figure out what went wrong.
    I know @bee7 was able to use the bootstrap.dat without significant difficulty earlier this year -- so I'm hoping the symptoms of your problem may just be related to disk usage or memory exhaustion or something simple to troubleshoot.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
Tara11

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:01:40 PM

Hi Tara11,

Please share the error you found in the debug.log at the time of the crash, or if it was an exception printed to the console let me know what you found as the error.
    Also, could you tell me a little bit about your system?  Are you 32-bit, 64-bit; running on Linux or on Windows?  Which version of Windows/Linux?

Let me know what happened so we can figure out what went wrong.
    I know @bee7 was able to use the bootstrap.dat without significant difficulty earlier this year -- so I'm hoping the symptoms of your problem may just be related to disk usage or memory exhaustion or something simple to troubleshoot.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

Hi, Chicago. It loads the wallet for few hours. Then crashes without message. I'm using windows 7 32bit. I used every single nodes written in this thread. Without bootstrap it says no connection to network. But I can see my balance unconfirmed.
Tara11

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:04:41 PM

I'm looking into my transaction history. Just realized it was pos coin. I was mining 4000 coins nearly every minute lol.

http://imgur.com/a/ROtBS
Chicago

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:57:18 AM

I'm looking into my transaction history. Just realized it was pos coin. I was mining 4000 coins nearly every minute lol.

http://imgur.com/a/ROtBS

Hi Tara11,

Whoa, cool!

I started my node which has the bootstrap.dat loaded into it.  Just make sure you put an irc=1 into your Grain.conf and your wallet should find the swarm.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:02:35 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 01:15:38 AM by almightyruler

How many people are running this at the moment? I'm currently syncing (from back in 2015) but connected to a single peer only.

The starting height of the peer is much higher than the block explorer's current block, which would normally suggest a fork, but the explorer seems to be stuck in 2016: http://explorer.graincoin.net/

edit: I can see the same peer listed back in May 2015 when it seems I last ran the client. They connected to me today (rather than me finding them), which I guess means their client has been trying to connect to my IP for over 2 years. Persistence really does pay off...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: