Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:51:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.6.2 Release  (Read 58989 times)
fishy91

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:17:29 PM

How long do we have left to transfer our coins from Coinedup to Swissex?
bee7 (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:17:15 PM

Sad news. Coinedup removed Grain markets. They asked to withdraw balances, but their Graincoin wallet is offline. I send the e-mail to make them solve the issue. However, I did not got a single response from Coinedup for all my previous requests, so let's see if this works this time.

Coinedup didn't play fair when they put the 100.000GRA withdraw limit. I think we need to move to another exchange but of course it's easier said than done. 
We need to find some good marketing people that believe in Grain...
How's things going on the development front? Any new features coming up?

We are listed on swissex, so Coinedup removal is not a biggest problem. May be it is even an advantage, as their level of customer support is awful IMO. As for development, I am looking into other coins achievements and innovations to not invent the wheel from one hand and not to just copy-n-paste: we need some really unique innovation to push the Grain up. The main goal is to implement the anonymity, of course.

Also I am considering to switch the hashing function as someone proposed: the scrypt is very energy-inefficient in terms of GPU-mining compare to other existing algos, so I am in the process of testing different existing combinations to pick the most energy efficient, from one hand, and having questionable feasibility to be implemented in hard silicon in the nearest future, from the other hand.

As for the algos you're talking about something like X11?

Yes. I am not sure it would be exactly X11 as I did not make its performance/power consumption test yet. As the memory-intensive algorithms are not the barrier anymore for ASIC developers, I would prefer not to use anything memory-dependent that makes GPU mining two times more expensive according to my tests.

I think when the Algo get´s changed we need something really new to get the attention of the cryptomunity. I think the people dont really care about the enregy but are interested in everything new and i don´t know a coin using cuckoo cycle so i think it´s worth to take a look at.

As I mentioned, I would prefer to use a combination of hashing algorithms that do not require a lot of ram to compute a hash to keep it attractive to mine with the generic hardware. However, I agree that the hashing algorithm change should happen when something really new and significant is implemented.
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:20:41 PM

How long do we have left to transfer our coins from Coinedup to Swissex?

I have no idea how long - I got no response from coinedup. But it seems they do read e-mails:

CoinedUp.com @CoinedUp
[Status] GRA withdrawals back online.
1 RETWEET

hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:56:25 PM

this idiots could at least take the limit out now  Angry,
its funny even if grain suddenly spiked i couldn't let a hold on mine  Wink, i still believe this isn't it yet but rather the opposite.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:54:39 PM

Still holding onto my grains. Keep the coin ticking over. It'll have its day again.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:15:26 AM

Still holding onto my grains. Keep the coin ticking over. It'll have its day again.

I am here, I did not and I am not going to through the Graincoin out. ATM I am on vacation and so I have restricted access to the Internet. I will release the updated wallet by the end of first decade of August (not a big one, checkpoints and probably coincontrol). The other plans are still on my desk.

Regards.
bondi

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:18:47 PM

I am here, I did not and I am not going to through the Graincoin out. ATM I am on vacation and so I have restricted access to the Internet. I will release the updated wallet by the end of first decade of August (not a big one, checkpoints and probably coincontrol). The other plans are still on my desk.

Regards.

Good to know!
Thank you for your effort.
Holding on to my Grain Smiley
bondi

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:16:07 PM

Today something happened when I opened my wallet.
While it was syncing I got 19 POS transactions and they were all orphans. As soon as the wallet synced it stopped getting orphans...
Can someone check this?
kyma

Activity: 479

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:13:03 PM

should make the coins rot after certain age.... food spoils Wink

Miner-TE

Activity: 499

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:03:45 AM

While it was syncing I got 19 POS transactions and they were all orphans. As soon as the wallet synced it stopped getting orphans...
Can someone check this?

I believe this is normal.  You were not sync'd with the network and it appears you generated some POS blocks what would be orphaned when you became fully sync'd.

BTC - 1PeMMYGn7xbZjUYeaWe9ct1VV6szLS1vkD - LTC - LbtcJRJJQQBjZuHr6Wm7vtB9RnnWtRNYpq
bondi

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:06:35 AM

Can someone check this?

I believe this is normal.  You were not sync'd with the network and it appears you generated some POS blocks what would be orphaned when you became fully sync'd.

Thanks.
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:08:25 AM

Can someone check this?

Thanks.

This is normal indeed. The coin age of the inputs participated in such blocks creation is not spent as the blocks eventually get orphaned, so they are not a part of the best chain. I will try to address the issue in the coming update.
Miner-TE

Activity: 499

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:39:13 PM

Difficulty rising .... 

BTC - 1PeMMYGn7xbZjUYeaWe9ct1VV6szLS1vkD - LTC - LbtcJRJJQQBjZuHr6Wm7vtB9RnnWtRNYpq
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:41:28 PM

Is this some kind of joke?

This coin has been dead since before Bitcoin started Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:53:24 AM

It's your opinion. I do not share it Tongue
bondi

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:29:27 AM

Why are you here then?
DAoneG

Activity: 256
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:27:39 PM

Why are you here then?

he´s just trolling...

any grain news? price isn´t looking very good... Sad

bee7 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:38:06 PM

Why are you here then?

he´s just trolling...

any grain news? price isn´t looking very good... Sad

I am working hard on some ideas. I don't want to make noise with probably useful, but not unique features. However, I could make a release with CoinControl features enabled.

Yes, the price is not good, but I hope I will change it.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:26:22 AM

How do you send staked coins?
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:29:52 AM

How do you send staked coins?

What you mean? The coins that marked as "stake" in the UI?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: