Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:47:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.6.2 Release  (Read 58994 times)
Miner-TE

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:48:34 AM

Is there any plans on putting coin control functionality into the wallet?

BTC - 1PeMMYGn7xbZjUYeaWe9ct1VV6szLS1vkD - LTC - LbtcJRJJQQBjZuHr6Wm7vtB9RnnWtRNYpq
bee7 (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:24:05 AM

Yes. I am currently in the process implementing several changes (enhancements) in the protocol that I need for further development. Unfortunately, many of these changes require the hardfork, so I would like to release them all together to minimize the impact. The coincontrol will be included. If you need it urgently I could make a 'maintenance' release of course.
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:40:20 AM

someone here ever dealt with coinedup? they don't respod to my emails and my grains are still missing. are they on this board?
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:19:09 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 12:54:08 PM by groggin

would it be possible in coin control to somehow enable batch selecting of inputs?
if you have thousands of small blocks selecting them one by one can be a bit tedious  Wink

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:42:14 PM

someone here ever dealt with coinedup? they don't respod to my emails and my grains are still missing. are they on this board?

They announced the termination of exchange operation months ago. Even when the exchange was functional they did not response to my e-mails. However, they did read them.
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 01:46:07 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 02:35:11 PM by bee7

would it be possible in coin control to somehow enable batch selecting of inputs? if you have thousands of small blocks selecting them one by one can be a bit tedious  Wink

I am not sure, I will merge in all CC-related changes and it's improvements I am aware of. However, I am going to implement the maximum PoS block reward: many of you are merging all their coins into a single input and running a wallet once a month or even more rare. According to the statistics I collected, presently only 1/3 of existing supply is participating in PoS generation on a regular basis. This is not good for the network security at all. At the same time I did a few optimizations to the PoS generation code to make it even less energy consuming than before (and thus faster and less CPU intensive) to compensate the need to have more than 1 input in your wallet. These optimizations are being tested presently. Also, the automatic low inputs merging policy is under reconsideration now.

Apart from other things I am going to introduce in the coming hard fork, I am seriously thinking on switching hashing function. There is a number of reasons, the most important of which is the time necessary to validate a block received from the network. First, I believe that memory-intensive algorithms like Scrypt-N are not serving their purpose anymore: there are Scrypt ASIC miners on the market, so apparently the memory is not a barrier for ASIC developers. From the other hand, although there are many different options like X11, X... I think it is an overkill for purpose to make the coin ASIC resistant. At least it makes block validation quite CPU-time expensive. After looking at spectrum of different hashing functions already implemented and adapted by different coins I picked the hashing function used by the JackpotCoin, the Jackpotcoin Hash Algorithm V2 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584481.0). This is a combination of a single keccak512 transformation followed by eight rounds of random selection (based on current internal state of the hashing 'engine') of groetsl512, skein512, blake512 and jh512 transforms. The plain C implementation of this algorithm is 30 times faster than SSE2-optimized version of the Scrypt, thus it is 30 times more energy efficient in terms of CPU computations on Intel platform (for the GPU I see the four times higher hashrate and two times drop of consumption at the wall compare to Scrypt on R9-290 and R9-280X, the Nvidia chipsets produce better ratio though). From the other hand, it is quite complex to be implemented in the silicon in the nearest future. Please share your thoughts on this.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:10:39 PM

would it be possible in coin control to somehow enable batch selecting of inputs? if you have thousands of small blocks selecting them one by one can be a bit tedious  Wink

I am not sure, I will merge in all CC-related changes and it's improvements I am aware of. However, ...

thanks, i will try to stake more often

i suppose i really should work on setting up a pi for staking. all the small I/Os make for frequent annoying tray notifications  Roll Eyes  Wink

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:20:40 PM

I am not sure, I will merge in all CC-related changes and it's improvements I am aware of. However, ...

thanks, i will try to stake more often

i suppose i really should work on setting up a pi for staking. all the small I/Os make for frequent annoying tray notifications  Roll Eyes  Wink

The PI build is on my todo list as well, but has not very high priority. Also, the 64bit linux build utilizes 640K resident RAM. Although, ARM is 32bit, so it should consume less RAM (the pointers are two times smaller) I do not expect the memory requirements to be significantly reduced. Let's see if it is feasible.
hoertest

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:03:11 PM

finally heard back from coinedup. yay. grain got refunded. back in the grain game.  Wink
looking forward to your future plans.
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:14:57 PM

finally heard back from coinedup. yay. grain got refunded. back in the grain game.  Wink

Im glad that your issue got solved. This is really nice and gives even more respect to the coinedup team.
hoertest

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:22:17 PM

Im glad that your issue got solved. This is really nice and gives even more respect to the coinedup team.

well i spammed them with mails but anyway  Smiley, this baby needs another home to be traded against BTC. i just wrote in the vaultex thread. is there some near future goals in development we could use to sell grain to the exchanges. it doesn't have the newcomer advantage anymore unfortunatly.
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:38:11 PM

well i spammed them with mails but anyway  Smiley, this baby needs another home to be traded against BTC. i just wrote in the vaultex thread. is there some near future goals in development we could use to sell grain to the exchanges. it doesn't have the newcomer advantage anymore unfortunatly.

Well, the absence of the direct BTC market is not good of course, but not a coin killer. As for development plans I would not reveal the complete details. What I can say is that most ideas aimed to make a network more secure and stable will be rolled out soon.
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:59:29 PM

does anyone has a block index, etc they can zip or tar and give to me - I'm trying to synch and it's taking forever - even on a fast linux box

thanks in advance.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:00:46 PM

does anyone has a block index, etc they can zip or tar and give to me - I'm trying to synch and it's taking forever - even on a fast linux box

thanks in advance.

I will make an updated blockindex file now.
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:51:39 PM

thanks in advance.

The blockchain & tx index file @ sourceforge is updated. It contains 1180K blocks:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/graincoin/files/blockchain/blockchain.zip/download
Miner-TE

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:04:02 PM

Yes. I am currently in the process implementing several changes (enhancements) in the protocol that I need for further development. Unfortunately, many of these changes require the hardfork, so I would like to release them all together to minimize the impact. The coincontrol will be included. If you need it urgently I could make a 'maintenance' release of course.

Not an urgent need but I'd appreciate it (if you do it in a maintenance release).

My opinion on switching the hashing function  ... Personally, I don't like it.  It feels like changing the rules after the game has began.  I see you have given it more thought than I have and will support the decision/direction of the coin.

As for staking, I often set the reserve balance to prevent staking while using the computer ... I would use coincontrol to roll-up the smaller transactions as not to see the really small POS. 

Thanks

BTC - 1PeMMYGn7xbZjUYeaWe9ct1VV6szLS1vkD - LTC - LbtcJRJJQQBjZuHr6Wm7vtB9RnnWtRNYpq
bee7 (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:51:14 PM

Not an urgent need but I'd appreciate it (if you do it in a maintenance release).
Ok, I will try to find a time to make a stable build.

My opinion on switching the hashing function  ... Personally, I don't like it.  It feels like changing the rules after the game has began.  I see you have given it more thought than I have and will support the decision/direction of the coin.

Yes, I have the same doubts. From one hand I see the hash change to be good for energy efficiency. From the other hand it is actually what you said. Ok, I will think a bit more about it.
Miner-TE

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:46:10 AM

Chain marching on ... and I see some new interest, as the number of nodes is up and difficulty rising.

bee7 (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:14:37 AM

Chain marching on ... and I see some new interest, as the number of nodes is up and difficulty rising.

Yes, the diff is rising, but I could not say that the number of nodes increased: I see 13 connections to the block explorer node three of which supposedly from swisscex.
Miner-TE

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:04:11 PM

Yes,  it appears they are gone ...

Chain marching on....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: