Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:56:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ended!] Change your avatar to Freddie Prinze Jr!  (Read 12434 times)
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:07:32 AM

Has anyone else noticed that people with this avatar tend to make the dumbest comments?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:10:50 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2012, 01:36:25 AM by Kluge

Has anyone else noticed that people with the avatar posted below tend to come off as the most bitter AWESOME?

*bows to RM*
RaggedMonk

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:33:12 AM

Has anyone else noticed that people with the avatar posted below tend to come off as the most AWESOME?

Yes.
deepceleron (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 01:34:01 AM

Has anyone else noticed that people with this avatar tend to make the dumbest comments?
You haven't noticed by now?
RaggedMonk

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:40:30 AM

You haven't noticed by now?

Grin
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 01:55:09 AM

It is hipster cool to mock by embracing 90's Freddie's default avatar and seeing everybody using the same one. It is not getting the joke to make your own...

You'll notice that I was already paid for having participated and I would like to suggest that it is you who now doesn't get the joke.

And for what its worth, I did not make my own.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
deepceleron (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 05:41:38 PM

Only one new Freddie avatar today? This free money is easier than bending over to pick up a quarter!

• Grue - 0.05000000
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:10:48 PM

Only one new Freddie avatar today? This free money is easier than bending over to pick up a quarter!

• Grue - 0.05000000

Considering FPjr was my Avatar since I switched from my custom SS-Luke-jr avatar and after seeing it all over the forum one night while half asleep still, I had a bit of a mad panic because for a few minutes I actually thought my account was hi-jacked till I noticed the usernames associated with the posts..LOL.....which in turn caused me stress, shouldn't I be eligible for something ? for pain and suffering ?

deepceleron (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 08:33:06 PM

Considering FPjr was my Avatar since I switched from my custom SS-Luke-jr avatar and after seeing it all over the forum one night while half asleep still, I had a bit of a mad panic because for a few minutes I actually thought my account was hi-jacked till I noticed the usernames associated with the posts..LOL.....which in turn caused me stress, shouldn't I be eligible for something ? for pain and suffering ?
Clearly my random happenstance of choosing Freddie Prinze Jr. as the most ironic celebrity in the preinstalled avatars was unresearched; I did not perform due diligence to see who may have used the avatar before at any point in time, therefore I must extend my most heartfelt apologies. The Internet is a place where we have the expectation that no one's feelings will ever get hurt. Therefore, to compensate you for your emotional distress, I can offer you 0.05 BTC when you change your avatar back to Freddie Jr.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 11:17:52 PM

Therefore, to compensate you for your emotional distress, I can offer you 0.05 BTC when you change your avatar back to Freddie Jr.

Could the amount, instead, be donated to the bulanula 'Get my $4 back' Fund ?

bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 11:21:41 PM

Therefore, to compensate you for your emotional distress, I can offer you 0.05 BTC when you change your avatar back to Freddie Jr.

Could the amount, instead, be donated to the bulanula 'Get my $4 back' Fund ?

LOL. It seems my hard approach to scammers has struck a chord with some of the members that had to go through the same procedure with these useless lying scammers on this forum.

I think taking the hard on approach is much more productive in the end with these repetitive scammers.

They see us as easy prey and they come and bite time and time again for easy $$$. 

If they find out that we CAN be bothered and we WILL investigate and punish them then maybe they will consider stopping their scamming.

I think it could be a case of the same bunch of scammers coming again and again for the easy bite. If we can teach them otherwise then that is another win for BTC not to be seen as the currency of scammers and for bitcointalk.org as the forum of scams.

Thank you for the support bitlane ! Hope you like my new line alongside the FPJ avatar Cheesy

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 11:35:56 PM

LOL. It seems my hard approach to scammers has struck a chord with some of the members that had to go through the same procedure with these useless lying scammers on this forum.

I think taking the hard on approach is much more productive in the end with these repetitive scammers.

They see us as easy prey and they come and bite time and time again for easy $$$. 

If they find out that we CAN be bothered and we WILL investigate and punish them then maybe they will consider stopping their scamming.

I think it could be a case of the same bunch of scammers coming again and again for the easy bite. If we can teach them otherwise then that is another win for BTC not to be seen as the currency of scammers and for bitcointalk.org as the forum of scams.

Thank you for the support bitlane ! Hope you like my new line alongside the FPJ avatar Cheesy

Hey, I'm with YOU on this one. My only concern was how quickly you posted his personal data. You could have used it as a 'Playing Card' and kept it 'in the hole' rather than playing it so quickly Wink

You and I have had great arguments in the past, here and on BTC-E Exchange, but I still know you are a decent guy (if not a bit of a hot head like me) and I can appreciate that. What's right is what's right.
I just think you 'jumped' too quickly and played out a great bargaining chip too soon Wink

bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 11:41:28 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2012, 11:57:33 PM by bulanula

Hey, I'm with YOU on this one. My only concern was how quickly you posted his personal data. You could have used it as a 'Playing Card' and kept it 'in the hole' rather than playing it so quickly Wink

You and I have had great arguments in the past, here and on BTC-E Exchange, but I still know you are a decent guy (if not a bit of a hot head like me) and I can appreciate that. What's right is what's right.
I just think you 'jumped' too quickly and played out a great bargaining chip too soon Wink

Well you certainly have a point there bitlane.

The funniest thing is : I did go that route. I told him that I would release this information if tomorrow at 11 AM GMT he did not send any BTCs. I told him I would call him and talk it over tomorrow and then I would have released the personal information.

But no, he did not settle for that. He attacked me in these two threads ( now locked !!! why would he lock them if he had nothing to hide ? ) saying I am the scammer : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64192.20 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64188.20

I had to reveal the information hoping he will realise his mistake but that did not happen. When he clearly is in the wrong here he decides to attack me ( even before I revealed anything publicly ! ) Huh

I asked him to provide evidence of the so-called "hacking" ( actually a scape goat for his unwillingness to give the shares to the miners ) and he closed the threads.

As for the fund, I really appreciate you and JWU42's generosity but this is not about the money for me. At this point I have spent more time and effort in pursuing the scammer than what the debt is actually worth.

It is about knowing that I am doing something to counter the influx of determined, repetitive scammers on these forums / this community. Determined and persistent scammers need to be matched with determined and perseverent folks that hate getting scammer ( like me and yourself ).

I still will pursue him and call him tomorrow at my expense from the UK to the US. Maybe we should fund an organization with dedicated people to fight and chase scammers / verify legit businesses ? I think BTC really is suffering from this "wild west / each man does his own justice" approach because it is quite hard going it alone against the bunch of scammers found everywhere. Especially after the many incidents we have had with mining pools / online wallets just being "hacked" and disappearing with the coins without trace.  

It is easy to scam the sheep and come back a second time for it but if they try to scam ME I will make sure to at least give them HELL for it ( even if I am not probably getting the coins back anyway ) !
Electricbees

Activity: 322

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:37:45 AM

It is easy to scam the sheep and come back a second time for it but if they try to scam ME I will make sure to at least give them HELL for it ( even if I am not probably getting the coins back anyway ) !
Attitude I am proud of. Bash some skulls!

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 07:53:46 AM

Damn it, now everyone has the same avatar! My brain just wants to assume their all the same person when I read threads...

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 05:42:00 PM

Damn it, now everyone has the same avatar! My brain just wants to assume their all the same person when I read threads...
What we need is like at the woot.com forums where each user gets 5 randomly generated avatars to choose from, and none of them are ever the same. Then we can ID each other based on pic.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Liam W

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 05:50:52 PM

Ok, done so Smiley

Only just joined 4 hours ago, btw Smiley

Address is in sig Smiley
deepceleron (OP)
Legendary