Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:17:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BMF wallet update -- official  (Read 1506 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:07:14 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 11:37:43 PM by usagi

Based on the amount of trolling in the unmoderated thread, I feel it is important to notify the community of updates to this situation in a new thread.

In any case I am sorry if people feel I was irresponsible. However it remains my position that people feel this way because they have a severely incomplete and warped idea of what happened.

One of the big mistakes people seem to have made is seizing upon the number $10,000 and the word "wallet" as if I had said I had $10,000 in the wallet. I did not say that. In fact $10,000 would be the worst case upper end; in reality I panicked a little (remember the OP?) and the number should have been closer to $5,000.

I also did not claim I was using RAID as a backup. I did not say that. I mentioned the server and the backup were hosted on RAID because of how the server went down. The actual fact it was a RAID array is inconsequential. A hard drive could be pulled even if it was not in a RAID array. It boggles my mind how people could not have read what I wrote.

Another claim is that I had "edited dates on the fly" because I had made an obvious mistake and typed "May" instead of "March", and in the edit I used strikethrough instead of just replacing the word. A reading of the post would have implied this anyways because most of what was written was an explanation of the actions I took since the server went down two months ago. It boggles my mind how people could not have read what I wrote.

More than one person even stated I was a known criminal who had previously (as well as this time) absconded with bitcoins. Of course by this point you have to laugh -- seeing how far people have fallen.

The actual wallet had few bitcoins -- certainly less than three -- if anything. The code? Nothing was in production.

I was completely justified in the backup solution I chose. The term realized losses referred to lost costs for the server's downtime and what I had paid for into the future, as well as lost time, lost code, lost content, IP, etc. Not the coins in the wallet. In fact I am pretty sure there was almost nothing there. The big thing is that in the future, should HashKing decide to send us our 500 BTC back, we need to provide a well-known public statement to show that we no longer have access to the wallet. That is the only reason the post was made. We cannot have HashKing (or anyone else) claiming "Oh, well we sent the money back but I guess you screwed up!"

Now that I have recovered everything except the wallet file the actual loss should be pegged at less than $2,000, twelve hundred of which is the cost point of our new backup system. And I have covered the contingency of a future loss with people like Hashking.

Remember the OP?
I may have slightly panicked; they have assured me a new server can be up in about a day. Fingers crossed!

Guys. fucking relax.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:14:18 PM

I feel it is important to notify the community that twentyseventy, the owner of "[Havelock] Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative (BDD)", is a morally depraved, back-stabbing troll.

I had worked with twentyseventy on the ian bakewell case, IIRC, but in recent days he has decided to jump on a sort of troll bandwagon that I am a "known criminal", who has "absconded" with customer's bitcoins.

This kind of competition is not friendly. It is wrong. Look, I know we're all out for investor dollars, sure. But I want to believe that this is a fair society and that people like twentyseventy would not resort to such bs tactics. Because that is how I was raised.

I guess I was wrong.

In a post designed to look like one of my own news releases, he ambushes readers with the following:

I am sick and tired of scammers hiding themselves under the guise of moderated posts. For every moderated thread that is posted here, I will post an unmoderated version.
I have no ulterior motive except to provide an uncensored thread for anyone to discuss any thread that is moderated here.
My security does not operate under a moderated thread and I do not expect or think it should be allowed for anyone else to do so.
Usagi has deleted many posts critical of him, so I hope that this thread can be a place where people can be openly critical without the threat of deletion.

As his evidence that I am a "scammer" who is "hiding" he quotes a news release post I made. He makes much noise of the "threat of deletion" but I have left many posts critical of me on that thread. I am not trying to suppress valid opinion. I am trying to supress a type of expression which is designed not to communicate (even to communicate frustration or displeasure) but to communicate baseless hatred and lies.

The second reason I am making this post is I will not stand for being subject to his belief model that self-moderated threads are a bad idea. They exist precisely to stop trolls from taking over threads. If you doubt this is not a sport for trolls, look at usenet which has been utterly destroyed by groups of organized trolls.

Discussion boards are all that's left for these people. Beware.

As I said earlier, Ad Hominem attacks don't bother me; you can call me what you like. I don't recall any Ian Bakewell 'case', I'm nearly positive believe that that was before my time here. Do you have any contact from me? Emails, PMs, etc? I think that you genuinely have me confused with someone else in that regard.

You'll note that I never called you a scammer, you merely inferred it. My issue, as I said, is mostly with your censorship.

I appreciate that fact that this is a not a moderated thread; I suppose that my actions are somewhat vindicated in this regard. However, the title is misleading, as this thread is about me and not BDD. I've requested that this be moved to Scam Accusations, where I believe that it belongs.

EDIT: The thread title has been changed to add 'exposed', so that it's not a word-for-word copy of the BDD thread.

Double EDIT: Usgai has now changed the title of the thread from its original content, but clearly you can see here his original text in this quote.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:27:59 PM

@usagi:  WTF have you exposed?  As far as I know, he is running BDD like clockwork.  BDD is not even mentioned in your post.
Take personal slights and other pulp drama to off-topic or scam accusations.  This, Sir, is Securities!
We's got standards here Angry

edit: Nvrmnd, usagi is insane.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:34:34 PM

Take a look at the above two posts and you will realize why I prefer self-moderated threads.
IPO Magic

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:43:31 PM

You changed the subject of this thread from "[Havelock] Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative (BDD) exposed" to "BMF wallet update -- official."

How are the two even loosely connected?!
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:22:39 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 12:39:33 AM by usagi

You changed the subject of this thread from "[Havelock] Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative (BDD) exposed" to "BMF wallet update -- official."

How are the two even loosely connected?!

That's a good question. But what does it have to do with the update for BMF?

You understand what I wrote in the OP, right? Okay. Now look at what twentyseventy is saying. It is all coming from him. I don't deny I wrote it at all, that is not what I mean. I am simply saying he has no interest in the truth and would rather trumpet a meaningless troll than read what I wrote in the OP.

These people repeat the same time-wasting rubbish about me literally three times every day. They had their say, I had my response, but for them, it is not enough. They have this need to keep posting, and posting, and posting...
IPO Magic

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:55:51 AM

Let's forget about twentyseventy and "these people"for a moment.  Let's focus on you.

You started a self-moderated thread "BMF has lost access to its wallet."
Someone else started an unmoderated thread on the topic, in which you also participate.
Now you start a third thread, initially titling it "[Havelock] Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative (BDD)," updating the title to "[Havelock] Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative (BDD) exposed" (which has piqued my interest, since the nature of BDD makes it rather unattractive as a potential con), to and finally,  renaming it to an apparent non sequitur, "BMF wallet update -- official."

What, if not to confuse and astound, is the point of this thread?
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:08:15 AM

Let's forget about twentyseventy and "these people"for a moment.  Let's focus on you.

Deal.

You started a self-moderated thread "BMF has lost access to its wallet."
Someone else started an unmoderated thread on the topic, in which you also participate.
Now you start a third thread, initially titling it "[Havelock] Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative (BDD)," updating the title to "[Havelock] Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative (BDD) exposed" (which has piqued my interest, since the nature of BDD makes it rather unattractive as a potential con), to and finally,  renaming it to an apparent non sequitur, "BMF wallet update -- official."

What, if not to confuse and astound, is the point of this thread?

Sorry, I thought we weren't going to talk about twentyseventy? Read what I wrote in the OP here.  What I have to say is very clear.
Sydboy

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:35:02 AM

usage just go.
no one gives 2 shits about your scammy investment ideas.. cool dude another online wallet. I am sure the investors will be flocking. But seriously all your ideas are pathetic and you are really getting desperate in your pathetic attempts at anything in the last couple of years.

You think people target you because they are trolls. It is because you are incompetent and shpuld not be around money. You are also one of these people who can not accept responsibility.

usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:08:53 PM

You think people target you because they are trolls. It is because you are incompetent and shpuld not be around money. You are also one of these people who can not accept responsibility.

"should".

Actually no, I'm pretty sure you are a troll. What have you ever done for the community except whine?
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:35:21 PM

Actually no, I'm pretty sure you are a troll. What have you ever done for the community except whine?
Unless he also repeatedly transformed bitcoins into less bitcoins across the years, he's better than you.

How much are they paying you to troll me *this time* pankakke?
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 02:56:48 PM

EDIT: The thread title has been changed to add 'exposed', so that it's not a word-for-word copy of the BDD thread.

Double EDIT: Usgai has now changed the title of the thread from its original content, but clearly you can see here his original text in this quote.

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/havelock-bitcoin-difficulty-derivative-bdd.323270/

Thank goodness for bitcointa.lk

usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:27:39 PM

usagi, you're your biggest troll.

Then why do people pay you to troll me?
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:51:38 PM

Why are you trolling yourself? Stop trolling yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npb2Vttxrb4
Sydboy

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:42:14 PM

Usagi I would like to apologize for my commnets. I should not of been as rude as I was.
I was off the handle.. and I am sorry.

best of luck to you and your BMF investos.
ldrgn

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:16:36 AM

Guys. fucking relax.

$2000 is a lot for any Bitcoin company, especially for one in the mining business with its small margins.  I can't blame stockholders for not relaxing.

Can you post a 2014 income statement so stockholders have an idea of how long it will take to make up for the loss?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: