Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 11:34:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Peerunity v0.1.0 Has Just Been Released for Windows, Linux and OS X (FAQ Inside)  (Read 2649 times)
Sentinelrv (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:01:35 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 12:03:18 AM by Sentinelrv

Original announcement by Ben on PeercoinTalk.org here: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2902.0

---

I'm proud to announce the availability of Peerunity 0.1.0! Binaries for Windows, Linux and OS X (10.7+) are available through the Peerunity project repository on Github.

https://github.com/Peerunity/Peerunity/releases/tag/v0.1.0

What is Peerunity?

Peerunity is a Peercoin network-compatible, community-developed wallet client.

The project has been designed to provide people with a stable, secure, and feature-rich alternative to the Peercoin v0.4.0 reference wallet (http://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin).

What is included in Peerunity?

New Features:
  • Peerunity branded UI (new icons and text and content labels)
  • "Unlock for Minting Only" menu item
  • "Coin Control" functionality
  • createmultisig RPC call added
  • -walletnotify command added

Protocol Bug Fixes:
  • New stakes will be displayed after a successful block mint without having to restart the client.
  • When a proof-of-stake block was minted, the sum of the resulting balance (block reward + stake) was incorrectly being doubled when displayed through the listaccounts RPC call. This was only a display issue and did not affect the GUI or when getbalance was called.
  • In the Options dialog, the mandatory transaction fee description was updated with accurate details about how the Peercoin network fees worked. Previously, the text referred to how the Bitcoin network's fees are processed.
  • Updated compilation instructions for building on OS X (with MacPorts or Homebrew, for 10.8.x or 10.9.x)

Localization Updates:
  • French language translation updates
  • Norwegian language translation updates
  • Chinese (Simplified) language translation updates

What if I run into a problem, or need support?

Please report any issues you encounter through the Peerunity Issue tracker on Github, or, if you don't have a Github account, and don't plan on creating one, create a topic here on PeercoinTalk.org on the Peerunity board.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:01:58 AM

Peerunity FAQs

As this is the first release, I'm sure that the community will have lots of questions about how it all works. As questions come up, we'll do our best to get the questions and answers added to the Peerunity wiki, but as it will take us a little time to build that out, I'll first add the response here, to keep them in one place.

Do I need a new wallet? What will happen to my coins?
Because they use the same wallet.dat file on your computer, both the Peercoin reference client and Peerunity are accounting for the same coins in the block chain. It is recommended, however, as a general practice, that you keep a backup of your wallet.dat in a safe place. You can create a backup using the Peercoin reference client before you install Peerunity from the menu options.

Can we run peerunity and reference client at the same time? e.g. are they using the same ports?
Peerunity uses the same port that the reference client is configured for, so that they can connect to the same network. You should not run the two applications at the same time, because the default settings will use the same data directory. Unless you're trying to run them both for a very specific reason, using different copies of the block chain and wallets.dat with different "-datadir" settings for each when you launch the applications, there should be no reason to attempt concurrent use.

Can you download Peerunity to directly replace your Peercoin client (in the same way that downloading v0.4 replaces v0.3)? Should I have to uninstall the Peercoin client first?
You don't have to uninstall the reference client, unless you really want to. Having them both installed won't be a problem, you just shouldn't attempt to switch back and forth between which one you'll use. If you do, you'll likely run into a known issue.

Wait, did you say that there's a known issue? What is it, and is it going to affect my coins?
The issue is documented here, "Changing wallet software from Peercoin to Peerunity to Peercoin causing DB exception", and will not affect the coins you have in your wallet. The linked issue report includes instructions for fixing the database version mismatch that occurs. We're actively looking to find a solution to this issue, but in the mean while, we hope that the vast majority of peercoin holders who install Peerunity will find that the added functionality and cleaned up user interface will provide all you need for now, and you won't need to switch back to the reference client.

What's next for Peerunity?
Check out the future functionality thread on PeercoinTalk.org to learn more. We'd like to hear your ideas!

Who's the "we" you keep talking about when you refer to the Peerunity development team?
Peerunity 0.1.0 has been a truly community-based effort. Developers, testers, and designers who have contributed code, validation, and visual assets include:

(If I've missed anyone, I'm very, very sorry, and will get you added to the list. Trying to combine contributions across the repo and PeercoinTalk wasn't as straight-forward as I had hoped!)

Enjoy!
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:07:28 AM

If anybody has any features they want to see in v0.2, please post them here...

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2740.0
NewMoneyEra

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:16:03 AM

Excellent!

I am glad to learn of ongoing advances at Peercoin Smiley
lg15x

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:57:09 AM

Great!

Do you know the progress android wallet?
MayDee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:22:12 AM

Very nice!  Grin
hicaribou

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:06:09 AM

Minting with either menu "Unlock Wallet for Minting Only" or command line "walletpassphrase xxx 99999 true" is working fine.
kschneezy

Activity: 387
Merit: 186

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:20:30 AM

minting is easier than ever thats a definite bonus. More developments to come!
harveyweizhao

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:57:38 AM

Wonderful! I am using the Peerunity for POS mining Smiley

最新资讯 请follow微博:Harvey老狼 http://weibo.com/u/1290487752
kactech

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:41:04 AM

SunnyKing weekly update
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114994.msg7100535#msg7100535
Peercoin's merge with bitcoin v0.8 resumes testing. There should be a separate development branch on repository once tests complete to reasonable satisfaction. Once the development branch opens, requests would be reviewed for acceptance.
That means... we'll have both- new codebase and feature rich client! Great job guys, I bow to the ground.
nox_

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:44:17 AM

Nice! I'm installing this now Smiley
hicaribou

Activity: 815

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:08:36 PM

SunnyKing weekly update
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114994.msg7100535#msg7100535
Peercoin's merge with bitcoin v0.8 resumes testing. There should be a separate development branch on repository once tests complete to reasonable satisfaction. Once the development branch opens, requests would be reviewed for acceptance.
That means... we'll have both- new codebase and feature rich client! Great job guys, I bow to the ground.

This will formally expand the development team.
river333

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:48:08 PM

The "-walletnotify" command feature is also supported in this client, by the way.
kschneezy

Activity: 387
Merit: 186

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:49:34 PM

The "-walletnotify" command feature is also supported in this client, by the way.

That is great to see!!!

People have been waiting for this addition
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:03:08 PM

Yes, you're right. I just added it to the original post. It was somehow forgotten.
river333

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:04:18 AM

Yes, you're right. I just added it to the original post. It was somehow forgotten.

Great thanks.
cybnate26

Activity: 63

Observer

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 10:14:12 AM

Time to dive into the improved multisig support we now have.

NuDroid The world's first mobile stable digital currency wallet
Chillin_with_beer

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:33:33 AM

Very cool, I'm going to install this one on my windows pc instead of the original client. Lots of things happening right now in Peercoin world Smiley
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:16:02 AM

could we see some screenshots ?
shtako

Activity: 779

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:16:38 PM

could we see some screenshots ?

The design is boring so probably not.  Smiley

But it is really great. The unlock wallet for minting button is very nice. And the fact that the Peerunity client use the files the peercoin client already have created/downloaded makes it very easy to switch. Just download and install and you are ready to go.   
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: