Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:10:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China: Detention of human rights defenders following commemoration of 1989 Tiana  (Read 1205 times)
msc_de (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:14:26 AM

http://www.frontlinedefenders.org/node/25850

China: Detention of human rights defenders following commemoration of 1989 Tiananmen Square protests - See more at: http://www.frontlinedefenders.org/node/25850#sthash.FeGuOvMP.dpuf

On 4 and 5 May 2014 a number of human rights defenders in Beijing were taken in for questioning by police following their participation in a commemoration of the crackdown on the Tiananmen Square protests in 1989.

Human rights lawyer Mr Pu Zhiqiang, detained on charges of “causing a disturbance,” and Mr Hu Shigen are being held in at Beijing No.1 Detention Centre, while Messrs Xu Youyu and Hao Jian, and Ms Liang Xiaoyan and Ms Liu Di remain out of contact.

On 3 May 2014 the aforementioned human rights defenders, in addition to a number of others, gathered at a private residence in Beijing to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the crackdown on protests in Tiananmen Square. In a statement released after the meeting, participants, who included relatives of those killed during the protests, called on the Chinese government to launch an official investigation into the events in 1989 and to compensate the victims. They also released a photograph of themselves standing behind a banner saying, “2014 Beijing June 4 Anniversary Seminar.”

On 4 May 2014, at around 11pm, Pu Zhiqiang was summoned for questioning about the event by police. At around 4pm on 5 May, his home was searched and a mobile phone, a computer and books were reportedly seized. Police in Beijing subsequently released a statement saying that he had been detained on charges of “causing a disturbance.” Pu Zhiqiang is a well-known human rights lawyer who has taken on a number of freedom of speech cases and who himself participated in protests in 1989.

Hu Shigen, a writer who spent 16 years in prison on account of his pro-democracy activities, was taken from his home by police on 4 or 5 May. Xu Youyu, Hao Jian and Liang Xiaoyan (a participant in the 1989 protests) were also taken away over those two days and are being held incommunicado. Liu Di, a cyber-activist who has previously spent a year in prison, was detained on the evening of 5 May.

Front Line Defenders expresses its concern at the questioning and detention of Pu Zhiqiang, Hu Shigen, Xu Youyu, Hao Jian, Liang Xiaoyan and Liu Di, as their detention is solely related to their legitimate and peaceful human rights work, in particular their call for accountability regarding the crackdown on 1989 protests in Tiananmen Square.

- See more at: http://www.frontlinedefenders.org/node/25850#sthash.FeGuOvMP.dpuf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
msc_de (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:18:45 AM

chinese version info https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=634266.0
Westin Landon Cox

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

Get your filthy fiat off me you damn dirty state.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 07:36:47 AM

Never forget.

The Chinese Communists are scum, arguably the worst group of people in history.

msc_de (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:13:55 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 08:35:25 AM by msc_de

25 years ago

Beijing's Tiananmen Square on June 2, 1989. (CATHERINE HENRIETTE/AFP/Getty Images)

http://www.tmglobalist.org/index.php?module=article&view=detail&cid=77
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:16:29 AM

They are scum. But I wouldn't classify them as the worst group of people in the history. There were groups who did even worse, such as the Nazis. One of the worst groups... to be precise.
msc_de (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:46:59 AM

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:30:08 AM

They are scum. But I wouldn't classify them as the worst group of people in the history. There were groups who did even worse, such as the Nazis. One of the worst groups... to be precise.

i don't think they are the worst either.. not close. i don't like them though.. they want to be the next united states of america, albeit without free speech.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:30:10 AM

they want to be the next united states of america, albeit without free speech.

It is surprising that you still think free speech exists in the United States. In my opinion, there is no such thing there, at least for the past 25 years. Everything is just a mirage.  Grin
msc_de (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:53:46 AM

It is surprising that you still think free speech exists in the United States. In my opinion, there is no such thing there, at least for the past 25 years. Everything is just a mirage.  Grin

shut up and move your ass to china or russia
Pepin

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:52:57 PM

It is surprising that you still think free speech exists in the United States. In my opinion, there is no such thing there, at least for the past 25 years. Everything is just a mirage.  Grin

Agreed. The poor folks in the first picture are probably getting the shit beat out of them as we speak.
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:16:04 PM

The Communist Party wants to censor everything they don't like. What will happen when their plans to censor history works? You could get a fine to prison if you talk about it, or the Cultural Revolution. In the next forty years, nobody in China will probably remember the events. Meaning, they could absolutely happen again after those years.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:33:26 PM

The communist party in China is not communist anymore. Not by far. It's a strange amalgam of free trade and political oppression.
As long as you don't touch politics, you should be fine in China. Chinese even make a tidy profit on the image of Mao.
However, the party strikes down with an iron hand on anything that is remotely looking like dissent.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
beetcoin

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:17:11 PM

The communist party in China is not communist anymore. Not by far. It's a strange amalgam of free trade and political oppression.
As long as you don't touch politics, you should be fine in China. Chinese even make a tidy profit on the image of Mao.
However, the party strikes down with an iron hand on anything that is remotely looking like dissent.

at this point, labels just get a little confusing. the truth is probably somewhere in the middle; yeah, china's government is bad.. but so is the U.S. government. seems like the U.S. operates differently in that they allow free speech in the open, but use other means to influence public opinion (usually money/media), while china just says "we r the government, so STFU." it's more of a direct approach instead of a roundabout.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 08:27:23 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 09:44:54 PM by Lethn

It is surprising that you still think free speech exists in the United States. In my opinion, there is no such thing there, at least for the past 25 years. Everything is just a mirage.  Grin

Agreed. The poor folks in the first picture are probably getting the shit beat out of them as we speak.

Guess where this took place:

People like you who say that kind of shit in response to calling the U.S out on civil rights abuses are ignorant and naive, I could easily find photo's and events where cops regularly attacked protesters in the U.S too.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:47:03 PM

People like you who say that kind of shit in response to calling the U.S out on civil rights abuses are ignorant and naive, I could easily find photo's and events where cops regularly attacked protesters in the U.S too.

Most of the protesters in Europe and us get beaten spend a few nights in detention and that's it.
In China , there are lots of people who protest , get arrested and they disappear.

Where is the guy that stopped that tank?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:08:06 AM

Lol... is this your version of free speech? I have no interest for living in the US and I have never visited that god-forgiven place. I'll visit China and Russia whenever I feel so. Don't need your permission for that.
msc_de (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:30:33 AM

Lol... is this your version of free speech? I have no interest for living in the US and I have never visited that god-forgiven place. I'll visit China and Russia whenever I feel so. Don't need your permission for that.

na gut, go kissing Putin's ass, have fun
msc_de (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:48:54 AM

Guess where this took place:

in fact people like you are stupid and naive, the key point is so simple:

european or american police beat protesters are quite different from the situation which happened in beijing on 4.June.1989 ,chinese ARMY killed protesters with TANK AND WEAPONS.

beetcoin

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:53:14 AM

^ well, that might be a bit extreme but yeah, in china the government runs the media. in the U.S., the government isn't as attached to the media outlets, so they fear them a bit more. in the U.S., it's billionaires who own the media outlets.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:54:32 AM

Aside from our corruptocrat government we actually have some pretty cool places to visit here.

I go to Florida twice a year for vacation and there is always a nice mix of accents on the beach and in the bars. I talked to an old Russian guy for like two hours about his experiences growing up behind the iron curtain. It was a good experience to learn another perspective on that era and the current one.    

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: