Bitcoin Forum
August 01, 2024, 02:18:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-06-03] PaymentsSource: Xapo's Bitcoin Card Adds Debit Interchange to Digti  (Read 1051 times)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:31:49 AM

http://www.paymentssource.com/news/xapos-bitcoin-card-adds-debit-interchange-to-digtial-currency-3018066-1.html

Xapo says its Bitcoin debit card will start rolling out by the end of June, and it will be accepted anywhere by using the rails of a card network, interchange fees included. "The Xapo debit card will be accepted by any business in the world that accepts debit or credit cards from our bank's card network partner," says Wences Casares, payments industry veteran and founder of Xapo. He would not identify the company's bank partner or its card network.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:27:52 PM

Then how can they know it's accepted, or not? Or is it possibly until the Xapo's start rolling out?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 06:34:39 PM

"He would not identify the company's bank partner or its card network."

iam pretty sure that this will change in the next years.  Wink

Pushtheghost

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:41:56 PM

A significant problem for the youthful bitcoin community is that big banks and card operators have proved reluctant to deal with cryptocurrency-related businesses. MasterCard says it is keeping track of legislative developments related to bitcoin, though, so this situation could change in the future.

Above quoted from:
http://www.coindesk.com/xapo-bitcoin-debit-card-launch-month/

That sounds good but the chances of it getting worse than better seem more likely for legislation.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:14:03 PM

To me this just sounds like it'll make it easier for banks/govts to track BTC wallets and transactions easier. Plus, allow them closer scrutiny over when they can hit us up for capital gains on the fly.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:18:05 AM

Some of the smaller banks are interested in integrating Bitcoin or adopting Bitcoin, but the banking giants such as JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs are bullying them against any such move. I hope that the situation will change in the future.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:03:29 AM

Some of the smaller banks are interested in integrating Bitcoin or adopting Bitcoin, but the banking giants such as JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs are bullying them against any such move. I hope that the situation will change in the future.

It will. My local credit union rep says they are discussing it. Nothing concrete of course but they are aware of bit coin and know it will change the way they do certain things.

CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:07:16 PM

Is it at least known in which COUNTRY is based the bank that issues the cards?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: