Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:07:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exisiting Business starts accepting Bitcoin - Tips and Advises  (Read 758 times)
dlalex83 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:46:02 AM

Hi there,

I did a quick search in the forum and I wasn't able to find anything quite recent about this.

Do you guys have any suggestions/advises for quite a big and really established business (based in London) that starts accepting Bitcoin payments ?
What's the best way to communicate it to the community ? And make sure that all the biggest bitcoin news related sites will bring it up ?

Thanks in advance and sorry if the question has been asked already
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:06:02 AM

Hi there,

I did a quick search in the forum and I wasn't able to find anything quite recent about this.

Do you guys have any suggestions/advises for quite a big and really established business (based in London) that starts accepting Bitcoin payments ?
What's the best way to communicate it to the community ? And make sure that all the biggest bitcoin news related sites will bring it up ?

Do you guys want to accept Bitcoin for Bitcoin, or Bitcoin to convert to fiat as an alternate payment method?

I'm not too familiar with this (I don't run a business) but I would think the best way would be for you to contact BitPay - they generally offer an API and help for merchants to integrate Bitcoin acceptance into their online store/business. Alternatively, you could set up your own set of hot/cold wallets and create a set of commands based around that, but generally it's not as safe (there have been hacks in the past). With BitPay the only thing you'd have to worry about is that they don't steal your coins - but considering their a pretty big and reputable company that should be here for the long haul I don't think their going anywhere any time soon.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:11:40 AM

Hi there,

Thanks in advance and sorry if the question has been asked already

make a youtube video of a demo purchase
EG show you walking upto the business entrance, walk inside order a product and then pay in bitcoins.

publish the link here, and put on all the 'coinmap' sites. then email coindesk and the other bitcoin media/social sites and post th link there too.. oh and reddit.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
TheAccountant

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:14:36 AM

It takes quite a few assumptions to get through your question.  Are you a consumer business or do you sell to other businesses?  Have you already established payment processor?

dlalex83 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:20:03 AM

Thanks for your replies.

We are an online business and we sell digital goods. We are a consumer business. The digital goods are ads on our site.
I guess we could make a video on an ecommerce purchase with bitcoin.
I've already implemented the ecommerce payment using BitPay, that part is good.
I was just wondering what's the best way to spread the word , and I guess franky1 suggestions are what I was looking for Wink
If anyone else has any other tips or advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again !
Silly Money

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:33:26 PM

I guess you'll just have to tell the news agencies about yourself. I'm sure they'll cover it. They seem to cover everything else.

adamselene

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:43:49 PM

First thing is to evaluate what benefit you think accepting Bitcoin will offer your customers. If you are an online business selling scarves versus PC components, the target demographic will require totally different messaging.

You also don't want to appear obvious that this is an attempt to gain some exposure. You want to make this all about the end user.
TheAccountant

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:44:30 PM

Here are a few things:
- Do a press release.
- Put something prominently on your home page
- Write about it on your blog, Facebook, twitter, etc.

Neg

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:48:05 PM

You could just trial accepting it by using a wallet on a tablet or your phone rather than going through with any expensive equipment or using a payment processor etc.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:53:30 PM

Announce it on r/bitcoin or r/bitcoinmarketplace
dlalex83 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:30:57 AM

You could just trial accepting it by using a wallet on a tablet or your phone rather than going through with any expensive equipment or using a payment processor etc.

It's an online business , payment would be done via e-commerce.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:35:24 AM

It's an online business , payment would be done via e-commerce.

Use bitpay/coinbase/circle/stripe. Accept bitcoin, get $.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:36:41 AM

Submitting an article to some news sources might come in handy
Check out the press section for a couple of sites

dlalex83 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:12:04 AM

I think there has been a bit of misunderstanding...
the implementation it's all done using bitpay.

I was just asking for suggestions on how to spread the word.

I'll be checking the press section and get a few sites out of it.

Thanks Wink
bitkoof

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

CoinDesker

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 03:50:38 PM

Pitch to contact@coindesk.com  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: