Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 03:16:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (solved) NO refunds from Alpha Technology  (Read 3451 times)
unitedminers (OP)

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:30:29 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 09:45:27 AM by unitedminers

I've pre-ordered 4 Viper ASICs from Alpha Technology on 4th of January 2014, payed 6540 GBP with Bitpay on the same day, cancelled my pre-order on 2nd of April 2014 by email, but got neither any answer from Alpha Technology nor the promised 75% (Terms of Order - Cancellation & Refund Policy) of my money back. In the meanwhile I've sent them (customer@alpha-t.net) 3 emails, but till now I've got no refund and no answer at all.

Did someone else experience such fraudulent behaviour?

Edit: Yesterday (June 20) I've received 1 email from payments@alpha-t.net and the refund of 75% after 11 weeks and 2 days.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:27:12 PM

Sorry to hear that. Never invest in Vaporware. I hope you get your money back.
pjr77

Activity: 299

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:39:32 PM

A mate of mine is experiencing the same issue so i think you are right
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:06:27 PM

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation. They probably just ran out of money.
maardein

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:24:44 PM

I never got any reply from that email either. Try payments@alpha-t.net, they responded within a week from that email.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
unitedminers (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:13:32 PM

Sorry to hear that. Never invest in Vaporware. I hope you get your money back.

Thank you tokyoghetto! Failure isn't an option! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmWfXKJbn9g

A mate of mine is experiencing the same issue so i think you are right

Just mail him the link to this topic and (maybe) we'll find a way to get our money back Smiley

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation. They probably just ran out of money.

I had the same guess, but some days ago they've sent the invoices for the final payment. So they should have some at least temporary Grin

I never got any reply from that email either. Try payments@alpha-t.net, they responded within a week from that email.

Thanks maardein! I'll try that one. Fingers crossed Smiley
unitedminers (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:12:21 PM

Now I've sent a fourth email this time at payments@alpha-t.net.

Let's see what happens next Smiley

If someone has any hint or tip to lend weight to the refund process, will be appreciated!
verloren

Activity: 323

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:11:18 PM

Have you tried cancelling via the My Accounts page? I did mine that way, and got a refund.
DogecoinMachine
Legendary

Activity: 2876
Merit: 1131

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple Games, Multiple Coins

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 04:04:31 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
unitedminers (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:25:30 AM

Have you tried cancelling via the My Accounts page? I did mine that way, and got a refund.

I've cancelled in April to get 75% refunded and they had at this time only a "view" button on their website. One week ago I've recognized the new look of their website an pushed the "cancel" button, too.

How much did they refund?

That's new to me, but you're totally right Grin
verloren

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:37:06 AM

I've cancelled in April to get 75% refunded and they had at this time only a "view" button on their website. One week ago I've recognized the new look of their website an pushed the "cancel" button, too.

How much did they refund?
50%-70quid of pre-payment.

I had emailed them about cancelling before, but it was only by clicking the Cancel button that got the system going.

It might be past the June 5 deadline too.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:42:22 AM

Link to thread where this was posted?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

unitedminers (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:13:29 AM

50%-70quid of pre-payment.

I had emailed them about cancelling before, but it was only by clicking the Cancel button that got the system going.

It might be past the June 5 deadline too.

Awesome dudes ... no "cancel" button ... no cancellation??? Haha ... Fuck NO! 75% refund or I unleash at least one of the top 10 international law firms.

How much time past between your pre-order and your cancellation by email?
Mikez

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:01:49 PM

In case some of you haven't noticed, there is a Scam Accusation forum, where you can start a thread about it.

stokecrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:00:06 PM

if you read the actual alpha technology thread propperly,
it dosn't take much brain power to realize it was a scam from the start.
verloren

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:02:17 PM

Awesome dudes ... no "cancel" button ... no cancellation??? Haha ... Fuck NO! 75% refund or I unleash at least one of the top 10 international law firms.

Almost 5mths. Cancellation by email did nothing. Had to click cancel on their accounts page to cancel.
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:00:30 AM

Link to thread where this was posted?

Its on the Alpha-T mega thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.180 (scroll down)

They've been getting shredded pretty much from the start.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:44:29 AM

Almost 5mths. Cancellation by email did nothing. Had to click cancel on their accounts page to cancel.

not knocking anyone canceling ..but in my case out of 667.21 paid i would lose with penalty now 450 bucks so the 216 i could get back is hardly worth it (usd)

If alpha does as they state take credit cards here soon i may pay in full for the following reasons

called up my cc company amex...you can refund up to 60 days from purchase "If the item/product does not arrive in time"  so ..pay with amex via alpha if it exists
someday cc option..sit on fence more..they ship in july ok...they pull a bfl and don't ship i get my 70% amount back from trying to fufill order via credit card

and the plus side if they completely spaz out and go bankrupt/scam or whatever ...there is a 'small' chance I could get ALL the origianal 30% on the 50mh vyper
due to fraud protection (again a small chance)

for the measly 216 bucks or whatever out of 667.21.think i'll just sit on the fence another month with payment on credit card (no risk) and see how this plays out

worse that will happen in this gamble is i lose 216 bucks or so i woulda/coulda got refunded....w/o using cc on the remainder above option

best case scenario they get me a miner in time i can kinda/sorta ROI with and don't lose any/all of my 30% downpayment already paid for

(assuming I punt if need be before the 60days are up with amex protection on cc and/or they don't ship me something

always good to have a hedge...anyway will likely do cc option (may not matter they may be in a world of hurt imho)

another month of fence sitting yea!

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ph111

Activity: 270

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:11:24 AM

They probably got nice yellow ferrari each now init cus seriously did some of you not do your research before handing over funds for flash cars Huh
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:02:53 PM

This might interest you.  I talked to the Citizens Advice Bureau again today. I updated them on the situation. They have flagged the case "criminal withholding of consumer rights" and passed it on to Trading Standards. They'll contact me in 5-10 working days if they decide the case has merit. Anyone who is NOT A BUSINESS and has or is having their refund, partially or fully withheld should contact them direct on 08454 040506 or fill out the form on their website

https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=citacomplainform&to=flare.fromforms

You need to complain if you want action taken. Don't just post on forums.

Some of us got together on the Cointerra forum and complained to the Better Business Bureau and they issued a warning to the press (http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-bbb-bitcoin-warning-20140605-story.html). Cointerra were getting slammed so hard they had to shut their forums down and guys who had been waiting months are finally getting refunded.

Just to be clear. If you are not a business customer you are entitled to a 100% REFUND UNDER UK LAW.

If you are unhappy with the refund situation contact the CAB and complain. Unlike the BBB, Trading Standards has the ability to bring criminal charges. They take this sort of thing very seriously in the UK.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: