Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:43:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we have megathread for each solidcoin, liquidcoin, i0coin, ixcoin, ..  (Read 1577 times)
steelhouse (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 06:39:20 PM

I was looking at the posts and there were like 20 LTC threads going.  Maybe we could have a stickied thread for each of the top 10 coins like they do for the miners

NMC
IXC
I0C
GG
TBX
FBX
SC
LTC
LQC

I think it should be based on their lifespan.  Thus no coin gets advantage based on number of posts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 06:41:44 PM

I agree. One thread to rule them all.

The forum was generally for alt-chains, now it is mostly about Litecoin.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
wigglyuk

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 01:42:18 AM

and one thread to guild them...

why not have a child thread for LTC, who would disagree?

List of Active Altcoin Giveaways and Altcoin Faucets | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=322446.0
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 12:55:58 AM

I was looking at the posts and there were like 20 LTC threads going.  Maybe we could have a stickied thread for each of the top 10 coins like they do for the miners

NMC
IXC
I0C
GG
TBX
FBX
SC
LTC
LQC

I think it should be based on their lifespan.  Thus no coin gets advantage based on number of posts.

I think this idea is long overdue.This forum needs a cleanup by organising each alt-currency into their own sub forums or failing that a mega thread like you suggest.I want to find relevant info in less than 5 seconds using search. E.g I look for info about LTC,it takes me a long time to wade through all the other non-LTC threads in the sub forum of alt-currencies before I get what I want to see which can be frustrating at times.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Smoovious

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 02:30:27 PM

perhaps keep this section for more general alt-crypto conversation, with sub-sections for each type of established coin?
Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 02:33:01 PM

and one thread to guild them...

why not have a child thread for LTC, who would disagree?

It has enough network backing to justify this
Smoovious

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 07:07:55 PM

Just in case you guys aren't aware, Alt Currency Sub-Forum was created simply to function as a trash can to keep this crap out of Bitcoin Discussion.

Maged correct me if I am wrong.

The main topic of the Alt Cur is what ever coin is "hot". I have seen Solidcoin as well Geist and Tenebrix dominate this forum before.

~BCX~
Of course we're aware of it. Painfully.

In fact, that is the very reason we suggest to give each of the alt-crypto's their own sub-forum, because it is out of control now.

Doing so will have no impact at all on the goal to "keep this crap out of Bitcoin Discussion", and since the alt-crypto's are obviously a popular part of the whole discussion, treating them (and those of us who participate on their topics and experiments) like trash, does the community a disservice.

-- Smoov

ps> oh... and btw... watch your tone...
Smoovious

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:23:29 PM

and as far as watching my tone, how's this...
quit being an ass, yer just making yourself look small.

-- Smoov
Fuzzy

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 09:26:40 PM

and as far as watching my tone, how's this...
quit being an ass, yer just making yourself look small.

-- Smoov

Good thing there's an "Ignore" button, to shut out the trolls  Grin
Smoovious

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 09:41:31 PM

Agreed.

-- Smoov
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 10:01:10 PM

Agreed.

-- Smoov

There are currently only 2 active alt-currencies that are under discussion. LTC and SC. There is currently an entire subforum dedicated to these 2 subjects. If you restrict them each to a single thread, you will have a subforum with 2 active threads in it.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Smoovious

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 10:10:51 PM

There are currently only 2 active alt-currencies that are under discussion. LTC and SC. There is currently an entire subforum dedicated to these 2 subjects. If you restrict them each to a single thread, you will have a subforum with 2 active threads in it.
Namecoin and Devcoin aren't active?

Ok, well, that still isn't reason not to do it. Looking through this sub-forum, there are many threads for different alt chains, and if they were all grouped in their own subforums from the beginning, they wouldn't all be jumbled together now.

More about future usage, and subforums aren't that much work to set up, as far as cost/benefit goes.

-- Smoov
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 10:30:04 PM

This is not supposed to be the primary forum for discussing any other cryptocurrency. For any discussion about a specific type of currency, please use their forum. If they don't have one, make one. As you can see, Bitcointalk is not a sub-forum on some Gold forum, for example.

This is also the same reason why you don't see, say, a MtGox subforum here, even though they certainly have enough threads to qualify for a one. (although, even then, MtGox could still get a subforum here, since they kinda own this forum... (does that make me a Tibanne Co. employee?))

Smoovious

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 10:39:24 PM

This is not supposed to be the primary forum for discussing any other cryptocurrency. For any discussion about a specific type of currency, please use their forum. If they don't have one, make one. As you can see, Bitcointalk is not a sub-forum on some Gold forum, for example.

This is also the same reason why you don't see, say, a MtGox subforum here, even though they certainly have enough threads to qualify for a one.
It may not have been intended that way, but your forum has become a victim of its own success, and has ended up being the primary central point for discussing crypto-currencies of all kinds, not just bitcoin.

bitcointalk.org links are what I see most of the time in other places about bitcoin, namecoin, devcoin, litecoin, etc etc, in far far greater numbers than any other discussion links combined.

Sorry guys, but that's just the way it worked out. If you don't want other crypto-currency discussion on your forum, then I would suggest you ban all other discussion of other alt-chains that are not directly involving bitcoin.

>shrugs<

-- Smoov
Fuzzy

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 02:32:51 AM

I think having Bitcointalk as a general Crypto currency forum is exactly how such a forum would start. Bitcoin is after all the original crypto currency, and the rest are heavily based on its code. It's the primary currency, paving the way for the rest of them.

Except SC, that one can burn in hell  Tongue
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 03:52:37 AM

Should we...

No.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: