Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:09:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] [Selling] Productivity Software: Flying Logic and Consistency  (Read 1306 times)
ironwolf (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 07:50:25 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2011, 05:04:48 PM by ironwolf

Hi Bitcoiners!

Recently I posted my thoughts on Bitcoin on my blog, and some of you were nice enough to read it— I even got a few tips!

http://ironwolf.dangerousgames.com/blog/archives/1063

In addition to occasional blogging, I also write software and run Sciral.com. We make some rather unusual productivity applications: Sciral Consistency and Flying Logic.

http://sciral.com/consistency
http://flyinglogic.com

For my next baby step into the world of Bitcoin, I am offering a limited number of licenses for each of these products to the Bitcoin community at special rates:

• 20 licenses of Sciral Consistency (Mac) (regular 25.0 USD each, you pay 9.0 BTC).
• 20 licenses of Sciral Consistency (Windows) (regular 25.0 USD each, you pay 9.0 BTC).
• 20 licenses of Flying Logic Pro (Mac, Windows, Linux) (regular 225.0 USD each, you pay 75.0 BTC).

These are fully paid single-user licenses. Consistency licenses are tied to either Mac or Windows (so make sure you specify which you want), while Flying Logic licenses can be used on any of the three platforms.

For now, our store doesn't take Bitcoin directly, so we will conduct the transaction through e-mail at the following address. Feel free to ask questions on this thread or privately here:

bitcoin@sciral.com

1. If you'd like to purchase, e-mail your order and I'll send you your personal Bitcoin receiving address.
2. Once I receive your BTC payment in full, I'll send you your license keys.
3. There is no step three.

If the licenses sell out then great! I'll announce that here, and we'll consider making more available, or possibly accepting Bitcoin on an unlimited basis.

This offer will be good for 7 days, ending Saturday April 30.

Ironwolf (Robert McNally)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 05:35:22 AM

Your Consistency app looks good.  I've been using something similar for a while in order to determine which of a set of tasks would most benefit from automation.  It's a useful way of pricing things that can't be easily quantified.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 06:09:52 AM

We get so much for free from the Internet these days that it’s almost as if we live two lives: the mundane life of working to earn a living and paying for the things we need, and a separate, magical life we lead in a land where everything is free. We almost take offense when someone suggests that stuff we get for free now is actually worth, you know… money.

Hogwash. Things aren't intrinsically worth anything of monetary value. They are only worth what people are willing to pay for.

The reality is that nothing is free— at a minimum the people who create these things are spending their precious life energy.

The world does not care about whether or not you spend your precious life energy creating it.

Most of us are raised with a strong ethic that we should get what we pay for, and conversely that we should pay for what we get.  

Attaching morality to profit, loss, and moneymaking lead to moral confusion. When somebody makes ridiculous profit from providing valuable goods and services, it become an "obscene profit" to somebody.  When somebody ration fuel in time of crisis through high price, he is seen as a gouger.

On the other side of the equation, thousands of creative people turn away from their potential because they know there’s no good way to be noticed sufficiently to break through to earning a decent living doing what they do.

The threat is not that people don't copy you, but rather that people don't know who you and your work are.

Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 06:13:13 AM

We get so much for free from the Internet these days that it’s almost as if we live two lives: the mundane life of working to earn a living and paying for the things we need, and a separate, magical life we lead in a land where everything is free. We almost take offense when someone suggests that stuff we get for free now is actually worth, you know… money.

Hogwash. Things aren't intrinsically worth anything of monetary value. They are only worth what people are willing to pay for.

The reality is that nothing is free— at a minimum the people who create these things are spending their precious life energy.

The world does not care about whether or not you spend your precious life energy creating it.

Most of us are raised with a strong ethic that we should get what we pay for, and conversely that we should pay for what we get.  

Attaching morality to profit, loss, and moneymaking lead to moral confusion. When somebody makes ridiculous profit from providing valuable goods and services, it become an "obscene profit" to somebody.  When somebody ration fuel in time of crisis through high price, he is seen as a gouger.

On the other side of the equation, thousands of creative people turn away from their potential because they know there’s no good way to be noticed sufficiently to break through to earning a decent living doing what they do.

The threat is not that people don't copy you, but rather that people don't know who you and your work are.

Calm down, the guy (or gal) is offering a product in exchange for BTC.

I'd be interested in an Android app version of the consistency program if you ever come out with one, ironwolf!
Belkaar

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2011, 10:23:38 AM

I'd be interested in an Android app version of the consistency program if you ever come out with one, ironwolf!

I second that

bitcoinCodes.com: Get XBox live, PSN and WoW game time codes fast and anonymously
Android RPC client: Bitcoiner
Bitmessage: BM-GtcxVju35PGuD6es9vrF1SXtCVxScbjB
ironwolf (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2011, 04:44:39 PM

Thanks for sharing. Want to buy some software?
ironwolf (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2011, 04:47:20 PM

I second that

We're considering Android. Thanks for your interest!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: